IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Aldi Parking Eye - Successful Appeal with apology from Aldi...

Options

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Be aware that a number of retailer car parks, with recent planning permission (some Aldi stores being among them as they've expanded rapidly across the country), were approved on the basis that the car park would be available for use for visiting/shopping in other parts of the town.

So without knowing/understanding the detail of the planning permission, it's not always that simple to say:
    ...... to top it they went McDonald's and didn't even use Aldi
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 9 February 2019 at 12:15PM
    Options
    AmaniA wrote: »

I really don’t think that because a number of people do not comply with the terms and conditions of the car park, justifies penalising, inconveniencing and violating the privacy of those who do use it correctly. In this day and age private parking companies should be able to find ways to tell the difference between those who comply and those who don’t. It’s not too much to ask especially when these mistakes seem to happen so frequently.

The word you refer to is SCAM.

They are not interested in any difference, they are only interested in ££££'s ..... they do not manage car parks, they harvest them for money.... period.

The joke is that that these PPC's sell the idea that it will stop abuse and retailers actually believe them.
    Aldi is just one supermarket who have been sold a pup as the OP pointed out above ....... in a ANPR controlled car park they could park in a "child space" and with no warden present, they easily abuse the car park ....... the opposite to what the idea was sold on. The idea of stopping abuse is completely flawed in an ANPR car park.

Anyway, think we have given you plenty of clues above, as to what to do next
  • AmaniA
    AmaniA Posts: 59 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Be aware that a number of retailer car parks, with recent planning permission (some Aldi stores being among them as they've expanded rapidly across the country), were approved on the basis that the car park would be available for use for visiting/shopping in other parts of the town.

So without knowing/understanding the detail of the planning permission, it's not always that simple to say:

That’s an interesting piece of info thank you, it may help others.

In my case, the Aldi store is right next to a massive park and ride car park which is free to park in anyway, you just pay for the bus if you use it. And the Aldi store is far out of town with nothing worth visiting around it that doesn’t have it’s own free car park. Unlikely any one would want to leave their car there : )

And parking in town is great - 3 hours for free.
  • AmaniA
    Options
    beamerguy wrote: »
    The word you refer to is SCAM.

They are not interested in any difference, they are only interested in ££££'s ..... they do not manage car parks, they harvest them for money.... period.

The joke is that that these PPC's sell the idea that it will stop abuse and retailers actually believe them.
    Aldi is just one supermarket who have been sold a pup as the OP pointed out above ....... in a ANPR controlled car park they could park in a "child space" and with no warden present, they easily abuse the car park ....... the opposite to what the idea was sold on. The idea of stopping abuse is completely flawed in an ANPR car park.

Anyway, think we have given you plenty of clues above, as to what to do next

; ) I’ll keep the thread updated as I go
  • beamerguy
    Options
    That’s an interesting piece of info thank you, it may help others.

In my case, the Aldi store is right next to a massive park and ride car park which is free to park in anyway, you just pay for the bus if you use it. And the Aldi store is far out of town with nothing worth visiting around it that doesn’t have it’s own free car park. Unlikely any one would want to leave their car there : )

And parking in town is great - 3 hours for free.

But we know all of this ..... hence the supermarket has been sold a pup. For every £1 of sales at cheap prices from Aldi, compare to what PPC's charge ..... who makes more money Aldi or the PPC.
    PER £POUND.
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    But it works. It gets rid of abusers, very quickly.

For that, the retailer exchanges abuse of their car park for abuse of their customers. Unfortunately they seem to place a higher value on their car park than they do their customers.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• beamerguy
    Options

For that, the retailer exchanges abuse of their car park for abuse of their customers. Unfortunately they seem to place a higher value on their car park than they do their customers.

It certainly works and more fool the CEO

YES, it seems to be the latest thing to do ..... abuse customers
  • AmaniA
    Options

My personal solution to this is Ocado : )
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    Bit of a step up from Aldi. :)

• beamerguy
    Options

Just like millions of others and these retailers moan about online sales ...... who wants to visit a car park infested with parking cowboys ..... many still do and pay the cowboys charge
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure