PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way Part 11

Comments

• CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,706
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    MSE Old Style Weight Loss First Quarter 2019

big5 ___________0/14
    Cranky__________0/11
    dandy-candy_____0/14
    Doing it my way___0/10
    dumpling_________0/14
    Ginmonster_______ 0/0
    monks___________0/10
    MrsLottie_________0/10
    Munchin_________ 0/14
    Rose Wood________0/7
    SIRENS___________0/14
  • Thank you the hard work begins! I made a pair of baby mittens yesterday, first knitting for a while. Start weight is 11.4lb need to be 10lb. This is the third time for me each time I have lost the weight and then stupidly put it back on, really hoping this thread will keep me in check, thank you again.
    Weight loss 6lb/16lb 10lb to go
    I spend an insane amount of time wondering if I am doing it right, sometimes I remind myself that I am doing my best....and that is enough
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Good morning everyone, so nice to see so many joining in :). I had a good day yesterday, completely sticking to my plan but had a sneaky weigh in this morning and I am up a couple of pounds :mad:. Oh well, it just makes me try harder and I will wait until Friday's 'official' weigh in before I start panicking. I have to be very careful and weigh myself several times a week because I have heart failure but it is hard not to take it the wrong way when the scales are heading in the wrong direction :(.

Anyhow, I will be eating this today:
    b - bran flakes and a banana
    l - jacket potato with tuna and salad
    d - faggoty pea stew
    s - apple, pear

This is my third week now of healthy eating and although some sugar cravings are not as strong, I still have a lot of temptation to eat junk. I have sort of solved this by not buying any for myself or my family (much to their disgust) but I hope I will soon stop thinking about it. Do any of you have any idea how long it takes to break a very bad habit?
  • Morning!
    I've started today well with a bowl of porridge with a few sultanas and hazelnuts in and after dropping the 6 year old off at school I went for a run. Like you Cranky, I'm a runner for general health and happiness and not thinking that it's going to make me lose weight. I think you burn about 100 cals per mile so you'd have to be doing a lot to make a difference.

Husband is at home in bed with the man flu so I think I'll make some soup for us both for lunch. Soup is pretty much the law when you're ill isn't it? It'll be served with bread but no butter and fruit for pudding.

I'm planning on making Jack Monroe's "not a Tagine" recipe with added chickpeas for tea as the 6 year old loves it and we have all the ingredients already.

I did my weigh in this morning and as my scales seem to be weirdly over-specific I'm 11st 3.8 llbs. Here we go!
  • Hey all, just wanted to pop in and say that I saw a dietician last November, and since then have lost just over a stone - not using any fad dieting, just sensible eating and cutting out junk. I was already cooking a lot from scratch, but have been more conscious of portion sizes. I'm pretty chuffed with myself, especially as it was over Christmas when there's loads of delicious food about!

I hope to continue this trend of weight-loss, but have no specific goals at the moment. Just to keep on keeping on!
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    hello id like to come in and join the chat/general support if I may I have lost 7 stone now weigh 10 stone and basically looking for ways to keep it at bay

with regards to running I go out every week day and run/walk for about 50 mins I have a route near my house...it has never helped me shift weight but it has changed my shape...less belly more hourglass if that makes sense and as a mum I think we all are guilty of putting ourselves at the back of the queue well this is my time and the positive effect on my mental health has been fab cant recommend it enough :j

so I wont go on the list but I would like to come in for the chat xx
    onwards and upwards
  • MrsLottie
    MrsLottie Posts: 128 Forumite
    Hi everybody ,reading how others are tackling weight loss will really help me and it’s so nice to get to know others all in the same boat ! I walk twice a day for about 1/2 an hour each time .I have two little dogs , three on weekdays as I look after my daughter’s too, so have little choice on wether to go out or not ! Good job I like walking .Today I have had fruit ,muesli and yoghurt for breakfast and ryvita ,cheese spread ,a tomato and an oat biscuit for lunch .I have to follow a wheat free diet so don’t each much bread as free from bread is so expensive. MrLottie is trying to lose weight too so hopefully we can help each other .We will have. Fish fingers , jacket potato and veg for dinner and maybe some fruit. Good luck everyone .������
  • Rose_Wood
    Rose_Wood Posts: 867 Forumite
    edited 21 January 2019 at 6:08PM
    i walk a lot too. My daily target for steps is 15,500 for this month. I thought I'd add another 500 every month for a while. I've already achieved that today but will probably get another 3,000 in before bedtime. I played tennis this morning but it was a bit slippy so we didn't really run around a lot.

I don't eat breakfast as I like exercising on an empty stomach but don't get hungry. I try to practise a restricted time eating pattern so don't usually eat before 12 or after 6. So my meals today are:
    L: scrambled eggs with smoked salmon and a side salad.
    D: homemade low carb moussaka with left over vegetables from yesterday.

I'm trying to have at least 5 portions of vegetables a day but very little fruit. Have definitely managed that today - I think I've had ten.

I did have a coffee with cream and a dark chocolate biscuit at a friends this afternoon but probably won't eat anything else except maybe an apple after dinner.
    Weight Loss Challenge 5/7/19 10st 6lbs
    Target 8st 12lbs

Daily Steps Challenge 16,000
    Average daily steps: January 19,317, February 19,449, March 20,330, April 22,026, May 20,412 June 15,690
  • dandy-candy
    dandy-candy Posts: 2,213
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Cranky I’m a knitter too - I’m working on a pair of Latvian mittens at the moment.

B: multigrain cereal and semi skimmed milk
    L: egg mayo sandwich, 2 plain krisprolls and glass of milk
    S: grilled chicken, rice and salad
    Snack: 2 digestive biscuits (several hours apart)

I walked twice around the block today, once in the morning and again at tea time. I can’t jog because of a dicky hip, but walking is fine. I do have anxiety that makes going out alone a bit difficult at times but going around the block is doable because it’s not too long and I rarely see anyone else!

I’ve had to come to bed early because if I sit downstairs I will probably raid the cupboard or freezer for naughty puds.

Has anyone else seen the ads for giving up chocolate for February? I usually eat a couple of bars a day (awful I know) so I’m tempted to give it a go. Anyone else up for it?
  • zafiro1984
    zafiro1984 Posts: 2,445
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Hello Cranky, many thanks for starting us off again. I'm so pleased this thread is up and running again as it helped me loads last year

I'm in a disaster zone at the moment. Last year I lost 3.5 stone in preparation for open heart surgery. Sadly I've put on 2 stone since then which I need to shift as I'm in for another op mid way through this February (thankfully knees not heart).

Please put me down for 14lb

Portion size is the problem with me, I'm trying a smaller plate but the self control is non-existent. My fault - so I'm looking mainly for support. I always cook from scratch, usually English type of food as DH doesn't do 'foreign' (it's his age :D)

B:- None
    L:- 3 eggs on 2 pieces of brown toast
    D:- HM, turkey KFC, ice cream

I'm really looking forward to getting back on track.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure