IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKPC parking charge appeal - next steps?

Options

Comments

• ParkingParkRoyalHelp
    Options
    Thank you. I will wait to receive a formal rejection of my initial appeal along with my POPLA Code, and if I don't receive this, I will complain to BPA
  • ParkingParkRoyalHelp
    Options
    Thank you.

Having read your responses more carefully, and more of the other threads, I now understand that the 28 days given in the NTK letter to pay the fine is longer than the period within which I should receive a formal rejection of my initial appeal along with my POPLA Code. As a result, I am more comfortable about not responding to the NTK

I appreciate the time you've taken to explain what I need to do.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Makes no difference about the 28 days, you won't be paying them anything in March April, May, whenever! POPLA will take well into April/May to complete.

Take your eye off their daft deadlines.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • ParkingParkRoyalHelp
    Options
    Hi

I haven't received a POPLA code from UKPC, and you suggested I post my draft complaint to BPA about this, for review:
    Dear AOS Team

I have not received a POPLA code from PCN, following an appeal submitted on 25th February via UKPC's online appeals form.

This email to you, the BPA AOS team, is to request a POPLA code.

I am the keeper of the vehicle which received a purported 'parking charge' from UKPC. My appeal requested a POPLA code, made no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn, and stated I am not liable and I believe that UKPC's signs fail the test of 'large lettering' and prominence, as established in!ParkingEye Ltd v Beavis.!

My appeal also stated that, should UKPC fail to cancel the PCN immediately, I require the following information with their template rejection:

1. Does your charge represent damages for breach of contract? Answer yes or no.!
    2. Please provide dated photos of the signs that you say were on site, which you contend formed a contract.
    3. Please provide!all!photographs taken of this vehicle.

Yours faithfully

Please let me know if this is on the right lines, or if you have suggestions, and I will submit the complaint via aos@britishparking.co.uk as relevant.

Best wishes
    ParkingParkRoyalHelp
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,638 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 20 March 2018 at 9:08PM
    Options
    I don't think you should be making an appeal to the BPA.

You should be complaining to the BPA that one of their AOS members has failed to abide by the BPA's CoP by not providing a PoPLA code when rejecting an appeal.

You are not asking the BPA to provide a PoPLA code, but to sanction their Member for not complying with the BPA's Cop.

You need to demand that the BPA instruct their member to comply with the CoP by providing the PoPLA code and the BPA and their member should not need reminding that an independent appeals service is mandatory.

If that doesn't achieve the objective than a complaint to the DVLA is warranted - along the same lines - no independent appeals service offered.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    As above. The BPA will not get involved in an appeal or consider any appeal points. Nor can they answer questions about your ticket as they know nothing about it.

Complain that one of their members has failed to abide by the code of practice by not issuing a code.
  • 1505grandad
    1505grandad Posts: 2,916 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    If the appeal was made 25th February is it not too early re non receipt of code complaint?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Yep, far too soon, they have 35 days, complain if it goes past Easter. I did say to sit tight:
    You don't reply to the NTK, you await the rejection letter and POPLA code.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • ParkingParkRoyalHelp
    Options
    Hello, It is after Easter and I have not received the rejection letter and POPLA code, but I have now received a 2nd NTK.
    The NTK includes the wording "If full payment is not made within 14 days, or if we are not provided the drivers details then the charge will be passed on to our debt recovery agency. Following from this, and if necessary, we will commence County Court Proceedings against you for the outstanding amount, interest and court costs."

Do you advise that I now send a letter to complain, in response?

Draft is here:

Dear UKPC

Re: [add PCN ref number]

I have received a notification letter stating that the registered keeper of the vehicle can be made liable for the parking charge which was issued for "vehicle owner/driver left site", and that if full payment is not made within 14 days, or if you are not provided with the drivers details the charge will be passed to your debt recovery agency.

However, I have not received a POPLA code or any response to the online appeal submitted on 25th February via UKPC's appeals form.

As stated in the online appeal, I am the keeper of the vehicle which received a purported 'parking charge' from UKPC. My appeal requested a POPLA code, made no admissions as to who was driving and stated that no assumptions can be drawn, and also stated that I am not liable and I believe that UKPC's signs fail the test of 'large lettering' and prominence, as established in!ParkingEye Ltd v Beavis.!

My appeal also stated that, should UKPC fail to cancel the PCN immediately, I require the following information with the template rejection:

1. Does your charge represent damages for breach of contract? Answer yes or no.
    2. Please provide dated photos of the signs that you say were on site, which you contend formed a contract.
    3. Please provide!all!photographs taken of this vehicle.

Yours faithfully
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,638 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You now need to complain to the BPA that not only has one of their members not responded to an appeal in the timescale allowed for in the BPA CoP, but the member is now threatening the motorist with debt collectors before the appeals process is completed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure