Utility point

Options
valleyboy22
valleyboy22 Posts: 415 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
edited 15 February 2019 at 4:35PM in Energy
Hi all.

Just in the process of switching to these at a fixed 18 month tariff.

It came up top on this site and savings and has anyone had problems with them or with them with no problems?

I was told to stay well clear, but surely if Martin can put this on his site then they must be fine?

Thanks

Sorry meean utility point.

Comments

• BargainGalore
    Options
    No problems so far been with them just over a month got my first bill two days ago
  • gt94sss2
    gt94sss2 Posts: 5,631 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 15 February 2019 at 4:46PM
    Options
    No problems here but there is a feedback thread for them on this forum and if you quote a referral code you (and the existing customer) both get £25/each

Edit: the feedback thread is at https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5766963
  • valleyboy22
    Options
    Thanks both. Like I said they came out top on money saving, and done the code also thanks
  • valleyboy22
    Options
    No problems so far been with them just over a month got my first bill two days ago

Was your bill good for what tariff you went on?
  • SSUPER
    SSUPER Posts: 37 Forumite
    Options
    I am a bit confused with this Utility Point. 2 weeks ago I done a quote and they were cheaper than Octopus but my quote said the payments would be very high during the winter months a lower during the summer. I decided against it. Then last night I done another quote and the monthly payments were fixed at £23 per month all year. I don't know if they have changed their policy very recently.
  • valleyboy22
    Options
    Octopus came out more expensive for me. My monthly payments are about the same as ovo, but ovo has raised their tariffs.
  • poppellerant
    Options
    Who told you to avoid Utility Point and for what reasons? They have been mostly good for me.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    edited 16 February 2019 at 1:33AM
    Options
    Hi all.

Just in the process of switching to these at a fixed 18 month tariff.

It came up top on this site and savings and has anyone had problems with them or with them with no problems?

I was told to stay well clear, but surely if Martin can put this on his site then they must be fine?

Thanks

Sorry meean utility point.

As already advised to you in your other thread asking the same question, the CEC price comparison/switching "service" has all suppliers irrespective of how good/bad they are

You can alter your filters so that only those with good feedback are listed in your comparisons if you want to get supplied by top rated companies and not just the cheapest
  • PennineAcute
    Options
    Long live, UP. A breath of fresh air, compared to some providers I have been with. Been with them over a year now, and as long as they are competitive , come renewal in August, will not be moving.
  • Woolco
    Woolco Posts: 172 Forumite
    Options
    Coming from someone who seems to think getting a £25 payment from the Government during a period of very cold weather seemed wrong because you had used half that amount, means I can ignore anything you have to say.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure