Our new Plusnet haggling guide- please share your feedback

Comments

• My experience with Plusnet has been a nightmare.
    They had me pay a years' line rental in advance 2 weeks before connecting my service. Then they started charging me monthly line rental of £17.99 even though I'd already paid.
    It is VERY difficult to contact them as they refuse to provide an e-mail address!! After lots of arguing they agreed to refund the payment they'd wrongly taken but a few weeks later they made my broadband service virtually unusable, insisting the bill I'd actually paid twice was still unpaid.
    You could not make this up.
    To date I have wasted around 5 hours attempting to get this scam resolved but am nowhere near getting an apology, nor so much as a promise that they will correct their IT system so it doesn't happen again, nor any compensation for all the time I've wasted.
    I'll be leaving Plusnet as soon as my contract expires
  • luckwudaveit
    luckwudaveit Posts: 404
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 9 November 2016 at 8:57PM
    Currently I'm on free bb, no calls and pay line rental saver.

Now package prices include line rental, it's harder to compare when paying rental upfront. Anyway, just called Plusnet to discuss end of contract options. Line rental save still £185.88 for 12 months, but bb up to £2.99 a months. I said I'd shop around.

Five minutes later I got an email offering me bb at £0.99 per month but with 18 month contract and line rental saver at £185.88 for 12 months. I've just spoke with them and after the 12 months it's £17.99 line rental per month. However, I'm struggling to beat it, without relying on cashback websites which I'm wary of (been bitten before).
  • Catman7
    Catman7 Posts: 89 Forumite
    Anyone had any good plus net tv offers looking to add tv plus bt sports
  • I'm out of contract with Plusnet and tried to negotiate a new deal this morning but the best they could do was still £5 a month more than what they are offering to new customers!
    I'd be happy if they just matched the new customer offer but It seems loyalty doesn't mean anything to them anymore, such a shame!
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    bilies wrote: »
    I'm out of contract with Plusnet and tried to negotiate a new deal this morning but the best they could do was still £5 a month more than what they are offering to new customers!
    I'd be happy if they just matched the new customer offer but It seems loyalty doesn't mean anything to them anymore, such a shame!
    It doesn't mean anything to any provider. They just want to attract people in.

Well they snared me , but I can't wait to leave, even if Sky does cost me more.
  • Hi,
    bilies wrote: »
    I'm out of contract with Plusnet and tried to negotiate a new deal this morning but the best they could do was still £5 a month more than what they are offering to new customers!

I was the same, missed my renewal for LRS, so was on basic £17.99 line rental and £9.99 BB.

Phoned them a couple of days ago to see if they had any Black Friday offers,

first offer LRS £185.88 and BB £4.99, 12 months,

mmm, is that the best you can do?

Pause, piped music,

second offer BB down to £2.49,

mmm, I mentioned the Sky Black Friday offer, £15 pm, plus £75 prepaid Mastercard.

Pause, more piped music,

third offer free BB.

So went with that, had intended to renew LRS anyway.

So try mentioning the Sky Black Friday offer.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,499
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Back in June , I renewed ALR and then got a 24 month deal on u/l ADSL2+ broadband - first 18 months free then £9.99 pm ie equivalent to £2.49 pm over the contract.
    Went with PN because I have free weekend and evening calls included (legacy deal) and can still use the likes of 18185 for daytime calls.
  • Next month my first year with plusnet ends.
    I had year's free BB and was paying for evening and w/end calls. Paid for the rental saver up front.
    Spoke to someone today and they have agreed to give me exactly the same deal for another 12 months plus the £50 cashback that is on offer for new customers.
    Very happy.
  • Beware of Plusnet! I am a new customer, they told me last week my phone line was ready but wait for their modem which came yesterday. Tried to use the broadband but the line was dead.
    Plusnet said it would take another week to fix but it was not their fault it was OPENREACH's.
    No wonder they get good reviews, they can blame others.
    Plus their customer support are rubbish. Had to wait 30 minutes before I got through. If they are so wonderful why such a long wait? Probably handling customers complaints .
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,695
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hi,

I was the same, missed my renewal for LRS, so was on basic £17.99 line rental and £9.99 BB.

Phoned them a couple of days ago to see if they had any Black Friday offers,

first offer LRS £185.88 and BB £4.99, 12 months,

mmm, is that the best you can do?

Pause, piped music,

second offer BB down to £2.49,

mmm, I mentioned the Sky Black Friday offer, £15 pm, plus £75 prepaid Mastercard.

Pause, more piped music,

third offer free BB.

So went with that, had intended to renew LRS anyway.

So try mentioning the Sky Black Friday offer.
    Got to the final offer a bit quicker than you. First offer £2 BB, mentioned Sky and he came back with free BB and £50 Amazon voucher plus a free router with no p&p. Paid line rental up front of course. :T
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback