PPI Reclaiming Discussion Part 5

Options

Comments

• Jo123F
    Options
    hi, my loans with natwest are all paid and were some time ago (certainly 10 years plus), I filled in the claim form and they have replied saying they cannot continue my claim without loan numbers and dates (even though I have provided the current account they all related to) and have advised me to send £10 but they cannot guarantee they will hold the details, will this just be a waste of time/money?? any help appreciated......... :)
  • mumofjanda
    Options
    nee666 wrote: »
    IS THERE ANY NEED FOR THE BOLD TYPE???? Thought this was a friendly forum? As you've digressed from my original post I will give you the whole story.....

My inlaws told me in june about ppi they had refunded from lloyds all the way back to the 90s, 1call to the bank £16k back,
    Early July I sent a letter asking for any loans/cards with ppi to HSBC who I've banked with since 1989,( I sent same request to numerous others also mbna & Amex paid :j ) in the preceding 23 years I've been married divorced, remarried, flooded, burgled & set up 2 businesses of which both are still running, moved house 6 times, so as you can imagine a lot of paper work, so no I haven't got all my documentation,
    HSBC wrote back no ppi in last 6 years, I stumbled upon this site read a few post decided to send a sar after all it's my £10 I'm spending no one elses,
    Spoke to the lady in the bank who I've known for years who gave me 10 loan accounts 4 c card accounts, 1 morgage protection policy, so I spent 2days going through what paper work I have shoved in my loft, garage, office & cellar at work, found documentation for 5 loans 1 card, which I sent of end of July along with my reasons for complaint, it's being dealt with at v mo,
    Now if I wish to ask HSBC for all the info they have on me that is my legal right to do so if I pay £10.......
    I have only used HSBC to bank with since 2000, as my then wife's dad was an ifa ( his company are still my ifa), when he looked at my finances he informed me HSBC were fleecing me ppi mpi almost useless, I took it up with the manager but got fobbed off, so here we are, I will try my hardest to get as much back off them as I can, after all it's my money!!!!

Just wanted to let you know of my experience with Marks & Spencer Finance who are actually HSBC.

I knew that I had a loan with them in the 90's and thought that I had consolidated at least once but had absolutely no documentation,loan account numbers or recollection of the loan amounts but thought that PPI may have been paid and mis-sold as had no need for it (Civil Service employee) and would have,more than likely,been a single premium policy.

As I didn't have any info I sent a SAR. Got a reply with details of Chargecard back to 1986 but nothing about the loan.I would have probably left it there,but I knew that they hadn't sent me everything they hold on me because they didn't send me anything about the credit card that I had opened only a couple of years ago....so i wrote back and asked them to look again.
    This time they came back with 5 loan account numbers but said that was definately all they had..no further info.

I decided to put in a complaint anyway and they upheld on the last loan in the chain. This loan finished in 2000 and I did not have any documentation other than the loan account number...still wasn't sure at this point that there was any PPI on the loan...just a hunch!!

They didn't refund on any of the previous loans saying they did not have any info on these loans.As they had told me this twice before but came up with a little more info each time I went back to them, I have sent it to the FOS to see if they can get any further.After all, each loan consolidated the last and they fobbed me off enough!!

So, send a SAR and with a little perserverence you may get the info you need and even if that it just the account number, it might be enough!

Good luck!!
  • stu1960_2
    Options
    I agree (see above)

(and fix your quotes!:p)

Would if i knew how.
  • stu1960_2
    Options
    So thats how you do it!.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    stu1960 wrote: »
    So thats how you do it!.
    You still haven't fixed that post, so what are you on about?

Edit post, arrange QUOTE] [/QUOTE around the statements you didn't make . Wella!
  • nee666
    nee666 Posts: 87 Forumite
    edited 19 September 2012 at 10:20AM
    Options
    mumofjanda wrote: »
    Just wanted to let you know of my experience with Marks & Spencer Finance who are actually HSBC.

I knew that I had a loan with them in the 90's and thought that I had consolidated at least once but had absolutely no documentation,loan account numbers or recollection of the loan amounts but thought that PPI may have been paid and mis-sold as had no need for it (Civil Service employee) and would have,more than likely,been a single premium policy.

As I didn't have any info I sent a SAR. Got a reply with details of Chargecard back to 1986 but nothing about the loan.I would have probably left it there,but I knew that they hadn't sent me everything they hold on me because they didn't send me anything about the credit card that I had opened only a couple of years ago....so i wrote back and asked them to look again.
    This time they came back with 5 loan account numbers but said that was definately all they had..no further info.

I decided to put in a complaint anyway and they upheld on the last loan in the chain. This loan finished in 2000 and I did not have any documentation other than the loan account number...still wasn't sure at this point that there was any PPI on the loan...just a hunch!!

They didn't refund on any of the previous loans saying they did not have any info on these loans.As they had told me this twice before but came up with a little more info each time I went back to them, I have sent it to the FOS to see if they can get any further.After all, each loan consolidated the last and they fobbed me off enough!!

So, send a SAR and with a little perserverence you may get the info you need and even if that it just the account number, it might be enough!

Good luck!!

Thanks for that out of the chain of loans I have all the account numbers, documents for the 1st two & last two in the chain, all showing front loaded ppi so fingers crossed, so you never know, still waiting for sar info there 20 days late with it, have complained to there CEO about it.......... I understand sorting the loan claims takes a while but for the sar info they should abide by the law!
  • nee666
    Options
    Jo123F wrote: »
    hi, my loans with natwest are all paid and were some time ago (certainly 10 years plus), I filled in the claim form and they have replied saying they cannot continue my claim without loan numbers and dates (even though I have provided the current account they all related to) and have advised me to send £10 but they cannot guarantee they will hold the details, will this just be a waste of time/money?? any help appreciated......... :)

Do you still bank with them? If you do your branch will be able to give you loan account numbers,

As for the "send £10", if they had no records I would of thought they would say so, it's a difficult one there kind of saying we know there's loans pay the £10 & we will send you all the info, some banks keep records some don't, at the end of the day if you can spare £10 send them a subject access request, as I said its a difficult one lots of the banks say " no records are kept after 6years" others just need a bit of info & they pay out back in to the 1990s, mbna & Amex did in my case all I provided was my address & dob,

You also need to bear in mind "why do you think you were miss sold ppi" before you start claiming, if you have checked the miss sell reasons from the guide on this site then gather as much info as you can & start writing, I've found lots of useful tips & info on this forum :)
  • VAL18
    Options
    Hi,
    Dont know if Im posting in the right plade but I just wanted opions on whether I had valid PPI claims before I sent off the paperwork.

1- On my mortgage - I remembered them adding this insurance on (along with many others) claiming it to be a safety net. With all the media attention I checked my paperwork and I could never have claimed on this insurance as I had high blood pressure and I got sick pay/I had other forms of income to keep up with mortgage payments - which are in the exclusions, I know that they were aware of this and did tell them because I had to give all those details. They just put alot of emphasis on being a single parent and needing safety nets e.t.c

2- Credit card got a few years ago - This was over the phone and had no idea I even had it until I cancelled the credit card and they were still charging me for PPI

Im making an attempt at doing this myself as I have heard horror stories about the Claim back companies. Any advice?
  • monkey_face
    Options
    Hi there,

I wonder if someone might be able to help me - I've got a DMP and have been paying back for a while now knowing that I was mis-sold PPI on a loan and credit card from Egg. My only problem is that both these accounts have now been transferred over to Barclays. My question is this: Do I submit my claim form to Egg or to Barclays? I have all the original account numbers, etc, so can complete the form fully but this change in account 'owners' has confused me!

Any help greatly appreciated!
  • Ceorl
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm looking for a bit of advice or opinions (like everyone else no doubt!) regarding my credit card PPI claim, which has been rejected by RBS Group this week.

My credit card is with NatWest. I paid the PPI for 13 years from 1996 until 2009, when it became unaffordable on top of the monthly repayments.

I was verbally advised when applying that taking PPI would help my chances of the application being successful. I was also self-employed for three years between 2001-2004 during which time I carried on paying the premiums.

I advised the Bank of my change in circumstances, but was not informed at the time whether or not this may affect the Policy.

RBS have rejected my claim stating that I made an informed decision to take out the Policy, that their staff were/are trained to give the best advice and I would have been made aware that the PPI was voluntary.

The latter point I accept, but the crux of my argument is that in effect I was told the opposite whilst applying and so was influenced to take out the Policy.

They also state that when I became self-employed, the onus was on me to ensure the PPI was right for my financial needs.

Apologies for the essay, but does anyone have any opinions on whether I stilll have a case and should get back to them disputing their findings and asking for a review, should go to the Ombudsman, or just give up!?

All advice gratefully received :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure