PPI Reclaiming Discussion Part 5

Comments

• Hi. I bought a house in 1998 and my mortgage was with Abbey at the time, although we dealt with an independent financial advisor. We sold our house 3 years later. We also took out a loan with Abbey which we paid off. I have no paperwork to prove this and don't really know if I was missold PPI but would like to check. Does anyone know how I can check this???
  • ttbko
    ttbko Posts: 12 Forumite
    Evening all,
    Has anyone had any success with PPI Claims against either First Direct or M&S Money? First Direct seem to be exceedingly tardy in their responses though M&S Money did say they'd be back within 8 working weeks so at least they've acknowledged. MBNA were very swift and extremely generous - that'll be a Tuscan holiday then - and I'm anticipating (given all I've read on her) that Barclaycard will be equally gratifying but I'm a tad irked that I've these two claims outstanding with little progress of any sort from First Direct.
    Anyone know otherwise?
  • ttbko
    ttbko Posts: 12 Forumite
    Hey Chris, what do you have to lose? Download the forms off this site (you'll find them in the "how to" guides), complete them and send them off. That's all I did and I'm 3 grand to the good!
    Good Luck
    Pam,

Hi. I bought a house in 1998 and my mortgage was with Abbey at the time, although we dealt with an independent financial advisor. We sold our house 3 years later. We also took out a loan with Abbey which we paid off. I have no paperwork to prove this and don't really know if I was missold PPI but would like to check. Does anyone know how I can check this???
  • cappo
    cappo Posts: 2,121 Forumite
    Evileddie wrote: »
    Hi Cappo thanks for the reply.

Ive read throught those pages and I'm a little confused at what to say, I have spoken to someone on here who just called HSBC customer services and raised the complaint there and then.... unsure wether to send off for my agreements and then write a letter of complaint or to just call them directly.....

My loans were a few years ago and i cant remember the reasons why I had PPI, all i know is that I dont think i would have requested them so im a bit stumped on how to quote my complaint if you understand what im saying lol?

Hi chris you can do it over the phone if you so wish
  • manama
    manama Posts: 81 Forumite
    CathyB15 wrote: »
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Hi

I need some advice regarding a PPI claim against First National (now GE Money). Loan was taken out in 2002 to be paid off over a period of 240months. Loan paid off early in 2007. I sent the standard ppi claim letter to GE Money in January they have replied with a full and final response saying that as the loan was sold through a broker, the broker is responsible for mis sell. Unfortunately the Broker went into administration in 2010 so I contacted FSCS. The FSCS advised me that as the loan and ppi were sold pre 2005 they cannot help.

The insurance policy underwriter is Cardiff Pinnacle, should I try and claim them or write back to GE Money?

I was under the impression that the broker I used was acting as an agent for GE Money.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[/FONT]

Also have a similar situation about to enter on behalf of my dad, but the loan was 2005 so does anyone know what date in 2005 or able to advise me on this, as if they come back about the broker, these too are no longer, however still paying ge money theloan. Wth thanks
  • manama
    manama Posts: 81 Forumite
    Wednesday question is.....

Okay so found my paperwork, although already in the midstof the claim, it was nram and they came to me.

Can i ask...it states ppi amount and interest and then it also states cash value...now between ppi, which is about 700 and with interest about 900 the cash value is 3000 ....what does this all mean? Thanks guys
  • beamerguy wrote: »
    YEH YEH YEH ..... Capital One trying to wriggle out of it again, this is such a terrible organisation, it beggars belief that the FSA allow them to operate in the UK ?

So they are confident are they??? use the check list below and if you answer NO to any of them, you have a valid claim so go get 'em

*Did YOUR BANK explain the full cost of the PPI when you took out the loan?
    *Did you specifically ask YOUR BANK for PPI?
    *Did YOUR BANK make clear that PPI was optional?
    *Did YOUR BANK ask you about your medical history?
    *Did YOUR BANK ask you about any existing payment cover?
    *Did you know that YOUR BANK added a PPI policy to your loan?
    *Do you think YOUR BANK treated you fairly?
    *Did YOUR BANK ask if you have any existing medical conditions?
    *Did YOUR BANK ask if you were entitled to sick pay from your employer?
    *Did YOUR BANK add the PPI without your permission

I ticked the box so that's their basis and that of the FOS for not upholding my claim. Tbh I only really took any notice when the PPI payment doubled one month, and then with all the publicity. I'm now hoping I haven't missed my appeal deadline with the FOS (Monday - I responded at about 9pm when I realised!) for it to go to the ombudsman. Haven't received any acknowledgement to my email back to the FOS as yet.
    SPCNo.17 #20 (16 £678; 15 £1120.92; 14 £416.53; 13 £191.52; 12 £260.48; 11 £480.95; 10 £682.31; 9 £442.64)
  • Beamerguy/Cappo

Have to say a thanks to you two especially, you really give me the confidence to keep going. When I took out the credit card, I ticked the box on the internet saying I wanted it, I then had leaflets (which they've photocopied) explaining PPI, however the original documents they sent through had my signature for the card but NOT for PPI yet they state because I wanted it on the internet they have put it on. I can answer "No" to most of Beamerguys statements apart from "did I specifically ask" As I guess by ticking the box I did ask? And did they add without my permission as again, by ticking the box thats my permission? But I didnt tick it on the actual paperwork so its conflicting? Do I go back to capital one or do I now take this up with the FOS?
  • Hi folks,
    I've finally laid my hands on old statements so that I can get some detail on an old Clydesdale loan. I don't have a copy of the agreement, and they won't give me one.

The loan was for £2300 (July 2003).
    I made 22 repayments of £69.64
    I then repaid the loan early (Jun 2006) and the settlement figure was £2158.86, minus a £217.84 PPI rebate.

So, in total for a £2300 loan over 23 months I paid a total of £3473.10 :shocked:

I don't know what the term of the loan was, or the APR so I've no idea how much the PPI loan was. I'm guessing CB will come back and say they have no paperwork relating to the loan anymore, and will make a low offer.
  • Received offer on Monday , cheques came today
    For my loan ppi , well happy .
    And it's all down to the experts on here
    😃

Letter sent now for ppi on credit card .
    halifax loan ppi win £1607.15 :D
    Halifax cc. Ppi win. £2.851.62 :)
    everyones equal some more than others :D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family