Debt Free Wannabe Teacher

Comments

• Sounds like things are going really well for you. You've managed to hit the PA studies hard! I'm looking forward to school holidays where I can have those refreshing in the background while I do essays so I don't miss any throughout the day!
    I'm just starting to try with Swagbucks but don't seem to get any surveys or anything to really get any points built up.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend and are refreshed and ready for Monday!
    LBM: October 2016: £20,130 / Current: May 2019: £12,576 37.53%
    DFD: [STRIKE]February 2024[/STRIKE] April 2022?
  • dfw87
    dfw87 Posts: 134 Forumite
    Sounds like things are going really well for you. You've managed to hit the PA studies hard! I'm looking forward to school holidays where I can have those refreshing in the background while I do essays so I don't miss any throughout the day!
    I'm just starting to try with Swagbucks but don't seem to get any surveys or anything to really get any points built up.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend and are refreshed and ready for Monday!

Thanks - I feel like I've done really well considering it's been the Summer holidays and the potential for spending has been high!
    Since 'lightbulb moment' on 9th July 2017:
    Loan: £1,670.25/£20,043.00 loan - 8.33%
    £2,350.62 in savings
  • dfw87
    Yesterday:

Started well - spent no money all day! Went to watch my bf play rugby, then was doing a bar shift, 4 til close. Got to 6:30 when the party should have been set up and still no sign of them... they never turned up! So, I only worked til 8. Better than nothing but annoying when I had booked myself out to work that night. So, 7 hours of extra work this week - will get paid for that next Friday and will add straight to savings.

Ended up getting a takeaway after that which was a bit silly!
    £2,350.62 in savings
  • dfw87
    Today:

Well, there will be no spends today as it is such a miserable day! We are staying in ALL day! I was planning to go to a market with my Mum but it just wasn't worth going in the rain.

Back to work tomorrow and I am dreading it. I'm sure it'll be fine once I get going again, but I'm just not ready to go back. I feel like I sound so spoilt as I have had 6 weeks off! However, with my Granddad dying and everything that comes with that, I don't feel relaxed or settled at all and I don't want to go back to the real world. However, saying that, I am so lucky that it all happened in the summer and I didn't have to worry about work.

I had my LBM right at the end of term and so I haven't had any time whilst working to be saving money... my plan is just to have as many no spend days as possible - the only things I need to be buying are petrol and a weekly food shop. I've also decided to carry on with the bar shifts on weekdays but not weekends.

Petrol is about £25 a week but I am going to try to lift share occasionally. Food shop is about £20 a week.

Anything I need to buy for school, I will try to use my Amazon vouchers - I am going to try to limit this as much as possible anyway!
    £2,350.62 in savings
  • dfw87
    Ended up not being a NSD after all as I popped out to top up with petrol - had about 1 journey to and from work left in the tank so thought I would top up now to avoid the hassle tomorrow. Hopefully that means I can have at least 5 NSDs this week.
    £2,350.62 in savings
  • Hope your first day back went well! I do my food shopping and car filling on weekends so that the majority of my week can be NSD's (I don't count when bills come out). Hopefully get a school menu tomorrow then I can plan which days I'm staying for dinners and begin to meal plan properly!
    LBM: October 2016: £20,130 / Current: May 2019: £12,576 37.53%
    DFD: [STRIKE]February 2024[/STRIKE] April 2022?
  • dfw87
    Hope your first day back went well! I do my food shopping and car filling on weekends so that the majority of my week can be NSD's (I don't count when bills come out). Hopefully get a school menu tomorrow then I can plan which days I'm staying for dinners and begin to meal plan properly!

That is my plan!

I'm making all my packed lunches - we have to pay for school dinners and a jacket potato and fillings comes to about £4 which I am not paying! Currently just having a sandwich, crisps and a biscuit.

I would love to have something more healthy but I have found that one of the reasons I used to spend so much money was trying to have fancy, healthy lunches!
    £2,350.62 in savings
  • dfw87
    Yesterday and today:

So, first couple of days back at school were INSET days and went well. My classroom is totally ready for the kids tomorrow! We had a shared lunch yesterday so everyone takes things in - we had loads of leftover scones and cream from my Granddad's funeral so I froze them and then took those in - everyone loved them and it was free for me!

I am trying to lose weight by calorie counting and when I was shopping I stupidly just rushed and picked up some mince for my dinners this week without looking at the fat content - it was 23% - no wonder it was so cheap! I went to make my dinner and just couldn't use that - I would hardly get anything for my calories and would be hungry still! So, my BF has said he will have that and he has bought me some chicken to replace it. So, NSD yesterday!

Today I took my own lunch in - just going simple with a sandwich, crisps and bar. I have done a million fancy diets and one of the reasons I am in debt was my constant need to buy things that were healthy or concoct exciting recipes.

I love cooking but actually I need to just stick to basic foods for now and save my money!

I got in from work and took my dog for a lovely, windy walk on the beach. Now off to make some dinner and my lunch for tomorrow.

I'm a bit sad that I am not getting an PA surveys recently - they've been pretty slow and I am hardly going to be able to do them during the day now that I am at school. Oh well!
    £2,350.62 in savings
  • dfw87
    Today:

Another NSD day for me. I did have to post something (which was covered by eBay buyer) and I owed my bf £3 from the weekend so I am not counting those.

It was the children's first day back at school today and it all went well. Already being pressured to buy things for my class but I am not giving in!!
    £2,350.62 in savings
  • dfw87
    Today:

Ended up spending today - I needed to go to Home Bargains for a couple of toiletries and a card. Spent about £7.

Had a good day at work and was told I am getting a pay rise - woo! It doesn't go through until the October pay but it will be backdated to include September's pay so I will add all of that straight into my savings. This means I will be earning an extra £2,000ish a year - before tax obviously. Every little helps!
    £2,350.62 in savings
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills