• braveheart60uk
    Options
    O3 Have offer for one month dog food, not checked terms
  • Picasso7
    Picasso7 Posts: 4,038 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    tweets wrote: »
    Thank you but I haven't time to look now but I have tried 2 different type ice grips and couldn't wear them I felt like I was bouncing and couldn't even walk . Will check them out when I get home see if I have tried these :)

Let me know! These didn't bounce and I was quite shocked at how well they worked on sheet ice which is why I got some myself. I was still walking carefully though. I'm now trying to decide whether they should live in the house or in the car...
  • henrik777
    henrik777 Posts: 3,052 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks izzey, will pop in later. DH loves beans.

Good luck with that.
    25p per can with 30p back. Stocks will be decimated.
  • Picasso7
    Picasso7 Posts: 4,038 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I need to hand back my badge and make huge amends. Someone a few days ago asked about where to pick people up from Manchester airport. I was struggling with RL and couldn't remember enough detail to help, especially as I am dyslexic with numbers. But I did an airport run yesterday and worked hard at remembering. The best and cheapest way of picking someone up who is arriving at Terminal 1 or 3 is to ask them to go to Terminal 1 Departures A. I can't find information online about the difference between A and B, but the website drop off directions seem accurate for A:
    • Leave the M56 at Junction 5 and follow the signs for Terminal 1.
    • You will see the 'Hilton Hotel', followed quickly by the 'Clayton Hotel', on your left hand side.
    • Take the ramp to the left and enter the car park under the 'Drop Off' sign on the left hand side.
    The person waiting needs to stand on the pavement so that they are facing the cars coming up the ramp. You park in one of the bays and they leap into the car. I tend to time it so that the person being picked up is there before me, but if necessary, you can, with the help of your sat nav, drive off and then go back and try again. While it is usually very busy when I need to drop someone off, it has never been very busy when I pick up – I guess I have been lucky.

In the multi-storey car park you can park for 30 mins for £4. I only did that when I was picking Mum up and couldn't trust her to find her way to the departures drop off area and that was ages ago.

I don't know about Terminal 2.

I'm sorry this wasn't in time for whoever needed the information but may help in the future.
  • fuzzgun19
    fuzzgun19 Posts: 7,767 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 8 January 2018 at 4:24PM
    Options
    sparklyfee wrote: »
    Oh I'm too scared to risk it. Might just bite the bullet at 65 quid from argos and hope I don't just get prize draw entries!!

This phone has NFC, not sure if any cheaper deals around.
    http://www.argos.co.uk/product/7362332
    Anon wrote: »
    £19.99 from o2 direct, no top up required on order, arrives Monday :).

Anon

If you want a second month and already have an NFC phone, the O2 one above is good, then just transfer the account made on it to your NFC phone.

Factory reset it and sell to Cex for £21 cash :)

https://uk.webuy.com/product.php?sku=SALC4034XO2A#.WlNvFTfLfIU

I went back to this Sant atm today, and found the 'spot' (marked on photo).
    I tried lots of other atm's including Barclays, but there was nothing.

Wish I could find one that didn't mean going to town - I need a secluded out of town atm lol

IMG_7608.jpg

My 1st day of second month today. Opened all envelopes at home and got a £5 & a £3 gwegg :)
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Well Im still faffing around with my new argoose android phone. I cant seem to get it to accept the three sim card I got. I've followed all the instructions and now done a factory reset and going to try again.
    Does the sim need to be working to get AP to work. I managed to get it onto the internet and downloaded AP and 1two. But dont know if I need sim to actually work to use AP and 1two. If I dont need sim working then not that bothered as plan to take it to cex when finished.

tia :)
  • fuzzgun19
    fuzzgun19 Posts: 7,767 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    gocat wrote: »
    Well Im still faffing around with my new argoose android phone. I cant seem to get it to accept the three sim card I got. I've followed all the instructions and now done a factory reset and going to try again.
    Does the sim need to be working to get AP to work. I managed to get it onto the internet and downloaded AP and 1two. But dont know if I need sim to actually work to use AP and 1two. If I dont need sim working then not that bothered as plan to take it to cex when finished.

I think I saw Anon post that you only need wifi to open envelopes, and don't need a sim.. I can't find the post though.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    fuzzgun19 wrote: »
    I think I saw Anon post that you only need wifi to open envelopes, and don't need a sim.. I can't find the post though.
    Thanks for reply. perhaps I go to the shopping mall this evening and try the san atm :D If not, there is a 3 shop there too, so maybe they can help me.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    gocat wrote: »

SIM isn’t required - just needs WiFi/an internet connection. I have been hotspotting my iPhone but have also got a free Freedompop SIM.

HTH

Anon
  • Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    rose28454 wrote: »
    Just had a very tearful call from my 34 years DS. One of his cats was run over this morning and killed. He doesnt know what to do about his other cat ( the dead cat's sister ) or how to tell his 2 year old daughter ( who loved the cat dearly - was always showing him her dolls etc ). Sad

Oh Rose, sorry to hear this sad news.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport