The Cutting Down / Giving Up Booze Thread (Part 14)

Options

Comments

• Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,080 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    Pleased to say I ended September with an AF day. Since I've spent more time dancing recently I end up driving myself. Plus I've no wish to drink when I'm dancing as I need to concentrate.:).

What's so fabulous about this thread is that everyone who gets their drinking under control has a unique reason to do it, and an equally unique way of staying on track. It's the combined genius of original thinkers that makes me want to dance a jig every morning when I read other people's posts. I think that reading your post this morning, Maman, made me realise that if there's something we want enough, each of us can make the most amazing changes in our lives.

In my case it was knowing that if I ever again behaved as badly as I did the last night I drank there was a very high chance the most important relationship in my life would simply collapse. I didn't do it for him, I did it for me. In yours, it's keeping your weight down and dancing. The thing is, whatever it is that we want works for us - it's just deciding what matters more than giving in to the temptation when it rolls around.

I had a dream last night in which I did something unforgiveable, and in the dream I knew I didn't have the excuse of not drinking. That's new; up until now I've had dreams when I drank knowing I shouldn't. So, that little (seismic) change took three years, two months and eight days.

2/31 please, Shaggy.
    Better is good enough.
  • sukeyboo
    sukeyboo Posts: 2,056 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning all :hello:

Declaring early for tonight on 1/14 please Shaggy
  • cathybird
    cathybird Posts: 13,310 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Morning all, 2/21 for me today.
    In April I am taking a break from buying: Books
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,587 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Honey_Bear wrote: »
    It's the combined genius of original thinkers that makes me want to dance a jig every morning when I read other people's posts. I think that reading your post this morning, Maman, made me realise that if there's something we want enough, each of us can make the most amazing changes in our lives.

That's so apt and made me smile HB. Dancing a several jigs (and reels and strathspeys) is one of my displacement activities and the very one I was doing on my AF Saturday evening!:D:rotfl:

Making a start to October today.

1 AFD please Shaggy.
  • PriceySOS
    PriceySOS Posts: 812 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1 for October, please, Shaggy, and a total of 21 for September
  • cathybird
    cathybird Posts: 13,310 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    That's so apt and made me smile HB. Dancing a several jigs (and reels and strathspeys) is one of my displacement activities and the very one I was doing on my AF Saturday evening!:D:rotfl:

Maman, sounds great fun!! I love those sorts of dances. :)
    In April I am taking a break from buying: Books
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    AFD 1/10 for today.

Hope everyone's had a good day x
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    2/24 AFDs today
  • CuppaTea
    CuppaTea Posts: 1,331 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    1/18 please shaggy
    Live for the moment and plan for the future
  • Wanna_Bee_Free
    Wanna_Bee_Free Posts: 2,134 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 2 October 2017 at 10:00PM
    Options
    2/14 for me please Shaggy. I was sorely tempted this evening. A combination of some stressful news and aches and pains and the sight of a wine bottle near the fridge and I nearly weakened. Thank goodness it was on the side at room temperature and not cooling in the fridge. I told myself to eat dinner and then see if I still wanted wine. Luckily enough it worked!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure