PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

2nd viewing...

2»

Comments

• Mickygg
    Mickygg Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 1 October 2017 at 8:36AM
    Of course. I have offered on first and second viewings in the past. In my experience people only tend to have two viewings so if they like the property I'd say after the second Viewing you may have an offer.

If people have a third viewing I've found its usually to bring round family and they are very interested.

Actually I've just thought back and on my last 3 properties I have offered after the first viewing. On each occasion the offer wasn't accepted so I went for a second viewing and then upped the offers.

As Davesnave says though it depends what you are selling, if it's a mansion or a place needed total fixing up then it could be very different.
  • To the OP it can mean everything and nothing. I offered on my house after the 2nd viewing.

I knew on my first visit it was the house for me, the 2nd was just to look around and make sure I was making the right decision.

I think most people know the 1st time whether they have the feeling or not, 2nd visits are good.
  • on the first property we sold, the same person viewed the flat 7 times before putting an offer in. Think every member of the family came to visit as well as the plumber and kitchen fitter.
  • Davesnave wrote: »
    That's a long time to be viewing. Aren't the vendors getting a little tired of his company?

Not as long as the 24 years he was here lol
  • RedfordML
    RedfordML Posts: 902 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    on the first property we sold, the same person viewed the flat 7 times before putting an offer in. Think every member of the family came to visit as well as the plumber and kitchen fitter.

Haha. Brutal, but you got an offer in the end!
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,905 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Perhaps more to the point, have the got a survey sorted?
    (How we used to measure a buyers seriousness...)
  • kates08
    kates08 Posts: 94 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 1 October 2017 at 6:37PM
    We had 15 first viewings, 4 second viewings and a 3rd viewing (not the person who bought!) before we sold. Similarly we went to do 2nd viewings on 3 houses on Saturday and have only offered on one of those.

It is a positive sign if someone wants to come back, but it doesn't mean you're sold yet. It is really hard not to get your hopes up with a 2nd viewing though!

On our current house that we are now selling the market was moving unbelievably fast so we viewed once the day it went on the market and made an offer about an hour later.
  • Perhaps more to the point, have the got a survey sorted?
    (How we used to measure a buyers seriousness...)

What, before making an offer? Of course they won't have.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure