Outfox the Market reviews: add your feedback

Options

Comments

• A.Penny.Saved
    A.Penny.Saved Posts: 1,832 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 11 April 2018 at 8:29AM
    Options
    I joined these 18 days ago and received emails asking to create an account and provide the opening electric reading. That I did and all seems to be working. The meter reading does show in my account. I just hope that Iresa sort it all out and pay me back what they owe me. Just a few days to go until switch day.
  • Merlin139
    Merlin139 Posts: 6,857 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My switch took place on 28/02/18. Today my first bill was showing on the system. My first bill shows my account usage up to 27/03/18 as an estimated reading.

I provided 2 readings to them during March but as I was not told what day to do it then they have obviously estimated the reading.

You would think that a company that charges a monthly fee for Electricity would produce a bill for a month! I have been charged a proportion of the monthly figure.

Not sure if Easter had an effect on it but next month I will provide a reading on 27/04 and also at the end of the month and see what they do then.

As has been said they take 10 to 14 days to update as I have been checking eachday.

A much better start that I had with Iresa last year. Lets hope it continues.

I contacted OFTM using live chat on 19/3 to get them to confirm they had taken over supply and this so called live chat lasted over an hour. Close to the hour I rang them and got the answer I had been trying to get in less than 3 minutes.
    3.795 kWp Solar PV System. Capital of the Wolds

• Woofwoof
    Woofwoof Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    I switched 8th March. Electric gone ok, confirmed by both parties. Gas is a disaster, as Outfox the Market seems to have given a reading to old supplier of 4x the actual reading which is causing problems. But I can't see on the website the readings they are working to, there is no bill to look at. Every time I switch it is a problem, whether these newer companies or the Big 6 (British Gas and EDF were poor experiences). I can see why people don't do it, it should be so much easier.
  • SWS1
    SWS1 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    I am with Iresa: good rates, not-so-great customer service (difficult to contact). Outfox seemed worth switching for (cheaper). We have an ECONOMY 7 meter but, years ago, decided NOT to have Economy 7 as the savings were too small and the hassle (according to my wife) was too great. Therefore we have had the dual meter for many years but have had not-Economy7 tariffs. We have switched at least four times over the period of having the dual meter: we simply submit two readings that the energy companies aggregate (add up!) and send us an appropriate bill. Apparently, Outfox cannot do this. After an online attempt and a few phone calls, it turns out they can't hack it if we have the dual meter. I simply gave up and changed my tariff with Iresa to their best new one: too much hassle for me to switch for the (very) few quid it would have saved. Having said that, I might consider Bulb....
  • PaschalFun
    PaschalFun Posts: 241 Forumite
    Options
    SWS1 wrote: »
    I am with Iresa: ... We have an ECONOMY 7 meter but, years ago, decided NOT to have Economy 7 as the savings were too small and the hassle (according to my wife) was too great. Therefore we have had the dual meter for many years but have had not-Economy7 tariffs. ...

Ermm....
    All day rates in England & Wales on current Iresa E7 fixed rate tariff are less than the equivilent single rate, and of course, with E7 you also get even cheaper rate electricity for 7 hours per day.:money:

I'm not sure what hassle your wife refers to, as you are still having to give 2 registry readings.

Why not get a single rate meter? Then you'll only need to give one reading ... but probably pay more.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I switched from Bulb and had confirmation of a direct debit on 9/3, payment went on 28/3 but I haven't had any account information from OFTM and now my Bulb account is just blank with no information at all.

Weird.

I'll see if Bulb take another payment Friday and then start chasing for an account number as they haven't asked for meter readings (or anything!)

Still no account info from OFTM and no account info with Bulb. They didnt take a payment.
  • colonelblighty
    colonelblighty Posts: 27 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 13 April 2018 at 6:55PM
    Options
    I was supposed to switch over on Monday 9th so contacted old supplier to confirm to get final bill generated only to be told I was still a customer. Contacted OFTM to find they had transferred a neighbour erroneously instead of me. Support from online chat, phone line, and email has been less than helpful to say the least with a clear lack of communication on their part.

So far not impressed at all
  • Pmarmalade
    Pmarmalade Posts: 175 Forumite
    Options
    I switched to a non-fixed tariff from Flow and it was pretty seamless.
  • Jos45640
    Options
    Was with Outfox the Market for three months. First bill/statement didnt show up so spoke on the chat and was told they would raise the statement for me now. It appeared, but had incorrect readings (not estimates, just the wrong readings), and furthermore had the wrong membership fee - instead of the £6.99 I was supposed to be charged as in my welcome pack, they charged £10.99. Another chat online and I was told this would be corrected. It never was. The second statement never came. Ever. Despite chasing it up several times just to be told it is waiting to be authorized. A month later and I decided to switch provider as they clearly could not be trusted to do the one thing that an energy provider is supposed to do, namely administer a bill every month based on usage. 5 weeks on and still waiting for the final bill (let alone the previous statement), but I don't hold out much hope. Just look at their Facebook page community posts for many people having similar problems with Outfox.
  • AliceS
    Options
    Our switch did not go smoothly - they couldn't match our gas supply up to our address, nevertheless they took 2 payments from us while we were still with our old supplier. We never switched in the end due to problems with the gas supply address, still waiting for our refund over 3 weeks since they promised it would be sorted. How can they charge us for something they never provided and still not give us our money back? So frustrating. Do not touch with a barge pole!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback