Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Comments

• jpwjpw
    jpwjpw Posts: 270 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    katies_mum wrote: »
    I have just spoken to Sky retention`s to give notice to cancel as our bill is due to increase from £35 to £96 next month. (we got an amazing deal last year when moving from Virgin which included Box sets, line rental, fibre BB, Sky Q 2tb box and multi screen).

Sky said all their really good offers have changed but he would see what he could do... 10% off TV! and nothing else was coming up. That would have saved me £3.80.

I am now on notice to be cut off on on 7th October. Have just seen 30% off tv showing on my account, which wasn`t there before. Do they only give % off offers on the TV part?

I really don`t want to leave Sky so am really hoping for a call to negotiate some kind of reasonable price for our package . I know I will not get the same price as I have been paying. Could I ask how long you had to wait for a call if you got one.

Thanks

I had a similar deal (£35 a month for Sky Q 2TB, Second box - multiroom, Sports, Movies and Box Sets etc).

I only have TV with them.

I dropped them a message to cancel as it was going to go up to £92 a month. I then phoned them on 0333 2022152 and was put through to retentions.

They offered me 50% off TV and £4 off the HD pack. So £51 a month for the same package, or £39 a month as I'm removing multiroom (I don't use it).

Thought that was a decent deal, so I took them up on it!
  • MDL74
    MDL74 Posts: 70 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I"m on the full package and was paying about £42 pm with 50% off and discounted multiroom.

I've now cancelled and quite fancy upgrading to Sky Q.

Firstly, i was offered same TV package and free installation and extra box but paying £72 monthly which is more than i want to pay. What's the best i can hope for having already cancelled?

Secondly i have a loftbox so i can send the signal from the main sky box to other TVs.... does the Sky Q box allow an aerial out signal?
  • Why do Sky always leave it so late to offer you a decent retention deal.

ie our Q box set package gets terminated tomorrow and the broadband switches over to another provider on the 3/11,so I thought I would give it one last go at trying to keep me as a customer and wow they just did that with what I've just accepted.....

Sky Q 1tb box set package,unlimited fibre including line rental £31 per month for 12 months and no tie in to a contract.

They offered this apparently as they had received notice from the new broadband provider I was switching to.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 15 September 2017 at 4:03PM
    bigbulldog wrote: »
    Why do Sky always leave it so late to offer you a decent retention deal.
    Many customers don't have any special offers (they've not been on this forum), so will take a very small one. Others panic that the 'brilliant ' 30% offer will disappear ,soon, leaving them to pay full price, so they grab.

The lower the offer they can retain you for the more profit for Sky, so they haggle when we do, but we want offers to increase in value; the opposite to what Sky wants.

They also use psychology by offering, say,50% off, then 60% but reverting to 50% in the hope that you will panic deal at 50%,in case the offer drops lower,butyou have to hold your nerve.
  • bigbulldog wrote: »
    Why do Sky always leave it so late to offer you a decent retention deal.

ie our Q box set package gets terminated tomorrow and the broadband switches over to another provider on the 3/11,so I thought I would give it one last go at trying to keep me as a customer and wow they just did that with what I've just accepted.....

Sky Q 1tb box set package,unlimited fibre including line rental £31 per month for 12 months and no tie in to a contract.

They offered this apparently as they had received notice from the new broadband provider I was switching to.

Can you not contact your new provider to cancel(cooling off period?) and then accept the Sky offer?
  • Pleased with myself. There was an offer, in the Sun, on Tuesday, suggesting phone & unlimited broadband for £15 per month.

I rang up thinking I could accept the offer. However, I was told that the offer was only available to new customers, even though the ad didn't state that, anywhere.

After much conversation and explaining I'd been misled, a manager agreed to give me £10 per month off line rental. Also agreed to put, on my account, a credit of just under £48. Essentially, this makes phone & broadband £15 per month for the next 12 months. Also I didn't need to pay the one-of charge that was shown in the ad of £19.95

Result!:beer:
  • Can you not contact your new provider to cancel(cooling off period?) and then accept the Sky offer?

Yep that's what I did this morning.:)
  • teddysmum wrote: »
    Many customers don't have any special offers (they've not been on this forum), so will take a very small one. Others panic that the 'brilliant ' 30% offer will disappear ,soon, leaving them to pay full price, so they grab.

The lower the offer they can retain you for the more profit for Sky, so they haggle when we do, but we want offers to increase in value; the opposite to what Sky wants.

They also use psychology by offering, say,50% off, then 60% but reverting to 50% in the hope that you will panic deal at 50%,in case the offer drops lower,butyou have to hold your nerve.

They definitely do not make it easy.
  • bigbulldog wrote: »
    They definitely do not make it easy.

By the way, who was the new provider and was it easy to cancel?
  • Vodaphone and yes no problem at all as the switch over date was the 03/11 which was when my current Sky broadband offer ended.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback