Outfox the Market reviews: add your feedback

Comments

• martyp
    martyp Posts: 1,044
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    It's probably not possible but no harm in asking - has anyone found anywhere you can get cashback for switching to Outfox the Market? I would assume not which is why they're so cheap anyway but just thought I'd throw that one out there before switching...
  • sevenhills
    sevenhills Posts: 5,838
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I started with Outfox the Market on 3rd July and less than 1 week later.

For the average household on a dual fuel tariff, this will add £4.41 a month or £52.92 a year to your bill. These changes will come into effect on the 8th August 2018.

Very disappointed.

I am not ready to switch yet, but I did a compare and OFM came out cheapest. Just wonder whether the compare site takes into account the new price, or maybe new customers get a discount?
  • takman
    takman Posts: 3,876
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    sevenhills wrote: »
    I am not ready to switch yet, but I did a compare and OFM came out cheapest. Just wonder whether the compare site takes into account the new price, or maybe new customers get a discount?

I asked them a few weeks ago and they said new customers were already being quoted the new prices.
  • Time to revisit this thread and after persevering with their quite frankly poor customer service in comparison to the big suppliers. I am finally settled with them with DD being taken on the date I want and with inputting the energy readings on the date they want I seem to be finally saving money. Not sure it was worth the effort but perhaps I will change my mind come the winter and my gas usage ramps up.
  • hubb
    hubb Posts: 2,481
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I always have fixed deals but OTM seems to be offering the cheapest at variable. I am teetering on going with this but fear of price hikes come winter.
  • hubb wrote: »
    I always have fixed deals but OTM seems to be offering the cheapest at variable. I am teetering on going with this but fear of price hikes come winter.

I'm in the same boat. I might go for a fixed tariff just in case there are price hikes during the winter.
  • hubb
    Forumite
    Avro seems to be better customer service than OTM and offer a reasonable fixed, no exit fees tariff.
  • Merlin139
    Merlin139 Posts: 6,829
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    hubb wrote: »
    Avro seems to be better customer service than OTM and offer a reasonable fixed, no exit fees tariff.

For me on a fixed tariff they would be £97.37 per year more on 2300 kWh's Elec and 9500 kWh's Gas.

Now account is up and running had no real problems with OFTM. Read my meter when they ask and submit readings and my statement appears around 10 days later. Have responded quickly to any email I have sent them. Excellent compared to my last supplier Iresa.
    3.795 kWp Solar PV System. Capital of the Wolds

• hubb
    Forumite
    Merlin139 wrote: »
    For me on a fixed tariff they would be £97.37 per year more on 2300 kWh's Elec and 9500 kWh's Gas.

Now account is up and running had no real problems with OFTM. Read my meter when they ask and submit readings and my statement appears around 10 days later. Have responded quickly to any email I have sent them. Excellent compared to my last supplier Iresa.

So you would go for fixed instead of variable ?
  • Merlin139
    Merlin139 Posts: 6,829
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    hubb wrote: »
    So you would go for fixed instead of variable ?

I would go for a fixed rate. You know what you will be paying each month if your usage is correct. Obviously the fees to leave early maybe a problem unless you know you are not likely to move property.

I have been taking fixed rate deals for the last 6 years with various companies. When I come to renew I do a whole of market search and choose probably the cheapest. Sometimes you get poor service as with Iresa but most of them I have had no problems with I think because I give regular readings.

I have just over 250 readings over the last 16 years of living in this house for both Electric and Gas.
    3.795 kWp Solar PV System. Capital of the Wolds

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure