IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Pcm ticket

d0nkeyk0ng
d0nkeyk0ng Posts: 873 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
edited 12 July 2018 at 12:35PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Last week the driver stopped at a petrol station for two things - one to drop someone off at a bus stop, and to buy some food to eat. The driver went into the shop to get some food.

Keeper had a notice from pcm alleging "parking in a parking area reserved for patrons whilst on premises only".

Given that the driver used the facilities, is it worth arguing this?

Comments

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,223 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Edit your post to remove information about who did what.
    Only ever refer to The Driver, The Keeper, and An Occupant of the car.

Please read the sticky thread for NEWBIES then send the blue template appeal you will find there. Add a one liner stating An Occupant of the car was a customer, and include copies of receipts or redacted bank/card statements if possible.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • d0nkeyk0ng
    d0nkeyk0ng Posts: 873 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Driver paid in cash. If there's cctv (which petrol stations use to track fuel-and-run drivers), it would show driver entering and leaving the shop.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,092 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Driver paid in cash. If there's cctv (which petrol stations use to track fuel-and-run drivers), it would show driver entering and leaving the shop.

Do a very quick Subject Access Request for your registration before they wipe the data.

https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/cctv/
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Why not get in touch with the garage and ask them to intervene and get this cancelled? Take any receipts/bank/cc statements to prove you were a customer on the day. Take back issues of receipts/statements if you're a regular customer.

(I wouldn't be surprised if a garage employee sneakily took the photos and uploaded them to PCM.)
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,398 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    d0nkeyk0ng wrote: »
    Last week the driver stopped at a petrol station for two things - one to drop someone off at a bus stop, and to buy some food to eat. The driver went into the shop to get some food.

Keeper had a notice from pcm alleging "parking in a parking area reserved for patrons whilst on premises only".

Given that the driver used the facilities, is it worth arguing this?
    Always worth defeating a PCM scam PCN! Appeal it without saying what happened, putting PCM to prove their evidence (and showing any proof if you have it, that the driver was a patron).

And in the NEWBIES thread it says to try IAS v PCM, because they are not always great at prima facie evidence. I would be surprised if they have evidence of the driver leaving the site (a photo of a random person walking, is not the driver!).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure