IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Advise needed to fight a non-POFA unscrupulous PCN !

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Not going to happen, if the OP thinks proving where they were, is showing where someone completely different (who isn't old enough to drive, and is irrelevant to the case) was!

I said this and I meant it:
    I can't stress enough, on the odd occasion an IAS appeal is worth trying, you MUST prove absolutely everything, to the nth degree
    ...not say, ''here's where someone else was''.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • madmc
    madmc Posts: 10 Forumite
    Sorry, misunderstood. :(

Will ask the trainer if they can give a statement. DD goes swimming every Friday and always taken by RK however this now over 80 days old and there is a chance the trainer may not remember what exactly was the case on 20th April and may not happy to give a written statement. But, will ask today.

Guess the non-POFA claims are deliberately delayed to muddy the waters?
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,584 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 14 July 2018 at 1:05PM
    madmc wrote: »
    Sorry, misunderstood. :(

Will ask the trainer if they can give a statement. DD goes swimming every Friday and always taken by RK however this now over 80 days old and there is a chance the trainer may not remember what exactly was the case on 20th April and may not happy to give a written statement. But, will ask today.

Guess the non-POFA claims are deliberately delayed to muddy the waters?

Why not type out the statement for the trainer?

So he/she has to do nothing more than sign it.
  • Coupon-mad
    Good idea, I would do that. Make sure it has the date and time of the class that day, and your name, confirming she saw you and you stayed with DD as she attended her class.
  • madmc
    Thank you both :T

In the mean time, I'll prepare my first appeal to Select Cowboys along the following lines

1. Keeper wont identify driver because the PCN fails to comply with POFA 2012, viz. 9(2)f - no keeper liability, 9(4) not delivered on time
    2. PCN has no evidence of parking in stated place. No images, no arrival time, no departure time, no info on duration of parking etc (simply stating N/A is unacceptable). Either provide requested evidence or shut up & go away

Anything else I'd add in the first appeal? Its very likely they'll reject but want to make the defense watertight from day 1. :)
  • Coupon-mad
    That the keeper was not the driver and is getting evidence to prove that, for IAS stage.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • madmc
    Thank you :)

Will complain to my MP about this. I'm also preparing a complaint to Trading Standards about the same company planting signs after parking and taking pictures. I caught them in the act a month ago :rotfl::rotfl:
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    This is more a matter for Planning than Trading Standards.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure