Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Anon wrote: »
    Blinking wasps are out in force - minus one who decided to attack and sting me, so that is the end of him :(.

Anon

I remember sitting on a bee once. The only time I've been stung. I honestly thought I'd sat on an upright needle:eek:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    elainemn wrote: »
    Good morning. Happy Monday. It is freezing today. Just been outside and needed my dressing gown on. Sky is dark grey. According to my phone it is 16C, going down to 12C by midnight! According to the news, we are forecast light raid today as well. Back to the norm for the NE coven.

I can see the sea fret rolling in right now. Temperatures have plummeted. On the bright side I can have a day off from watering the pots and baskets.
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    edited 9 July 2018 at 9:15AM
    Green Jinn

Teskies

Tilda rice, some varieties £1 with 50p back
    Muller rice 68p with 40p back.
    Original source 90p with 50p cashback
    Birds eye fishcakes £1.10 with 45p back

Sains
    Birds eye fishcakes are £1 in S
    Muller rice 50p
    Tyrell's £1 in S with 50p cashback
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • fuzzgun19
    fuzzgun19 Posts: 7,767 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Buy a Ribena at Greggs, scan rewards app and get a free salad next time you visit

Has anyone else got this to work?

Thought I’d try but not too bothered as dont think much of Gweg salads.
    Bought a ribena the other day with an AP and scanned my app, checked today nothing on the gweg app about a salad.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,945 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Put the min/max thermometer on my bedside table last night and it recorded 77.1-79.5! (25-26.4 in new money). That is with a bowl of ice cubes in the room.

Have avoided planting bedding plants so far this year as we were away for nearly 3 weeks; now I'm thinking there is no point until the weather breaks. I wonder when is too early for Winter Pansies??
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Good morning everyone.

OMG, last night was the worst nights sleep in this heat I have ever had, even the dog was pacing/wobbling last night, I ended up taking him out at 1.30 just to try and cool down a bit, but it was still hot out at that time.
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    fuzzgun19 wrote: »
    Has anyone else got this to work?

Thought I’d try but not too bothered as dont think much of Gweg salads.
    Bought a ribena the other day with an AP and scanned my app, checked today nothing on the gweg app about a salad.

It won't work with an android pay you need to buy one through your app using the money you have in your app I presume like I did :D

Good Morning all :D
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    silvercar wrote: »
    Put the min/max thermometer on my bedside table last night and it recorded 77.1-79.5! (25-26.4 in new money). That is with a bowl of ice cubes in the room.

Have avoided planting bedding plants so far this year as we were away for nearly 3 weeks; now I'm thinking there is no point until the weather breaks. I wonder when is too early for Winter Pansies??

Unsure sc but I know where you're coming from. I've never known our water butts to be so low. One more decent water and they are empty. A good opportunity to clean them out I know but there is no sign of rain on the horizon.
    Does anyone on here use bath water for watering flowering plants? Do the chemicals in soap have any effect on them?
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Sarahdol75 wrote: »
    Good morning everyone.

OMG, last night was the worst nights sleep in this heat I have ever had, even the dog was pacing/wobbling last night, I ended up taking him out at 1.30 just to try and cool down a bit, but it was still hot out at that time.

How is he walking now Sarah....is he getting stronger?
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • elliemoo
    elliemoo Posts: 4,593 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Good morning all, happy Monday.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing