Slimming For Summer - Slimming World Support Thread 2018

Comments

• -1lb for me, at least it is a loss. Well done to the losses declared, wish I could achieve a decent amount, but have to accept that it I am going to have to be the tortoise.
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • Vixstar
    Vixstar Posts: 967
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Gettingtherequickly I've only been doing SW for three weeks so I expect my losses will slow down soon
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,481
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Getingtherequickly I lost all my weight 1/2lb or 1lb at a time! You'll get there. As Beanie says keep plodding.

Only a couple of weeks until we're off on holiday again, but UK this time! Want to try to lose as much as possible but only have 1 WI before I go so if I'm lucky I can get a couple of pounds off. On plan so far since WI yesterday as long as I don't have any wine tonight!

Today's plan is a Green day:

B - Baked oats; strawberries, raspberries, satsuma
    L - LO roasted veg with fried egg
    D - veggie pasty using potato pastry - 13.5 syns for 2 pasties but hopefully I'll only need one and can have the other one for lunch tomorrow with some salad. Tonight we'll have with boiled potatoes, cabbage & green beans

HEA - milk
    HEB - oats
    Syns - 10g low fat cheese 1.5; 20g butter 7 syns; 40g flour 5

The veggie pasty made with potato pastry is a new recipe for me. It's from the Hairy Dieters Go Veggie. Will let you know if it's worth bothering with or whether I'd better off making proper pies using low fat ready made pastry which is only 4.5 syns per 25g so could easily make a reasonable size pasty for 9 syns.

Denise
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,493
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    :T well done vixstar, sky and gtq!

bubbs wrote: »
    Evening all :D
    Maman well back, hope you enjoyed your hols? :D

Thanks bubbs, we had a really great time and thank you everyone for the welcomes.:A
    You've done ever so well to have a holiday and then end up way down your target range. I'm green with envy.

joedenise wrote: »
    it was definitely very off plan whilst on holiday - French bread every day; alcohol syns every day; you get the picture!

Oh yes! I recognise that picture all too well!:eek: I'm feeling quite bloated today, it's as if all the naughtiness is catching up with me.:(
    ....wish I could achieve a decent amount, but have to accept that it I am going to have to be the tortoise.

I think everyone's different. I averaged a loss of 1.5 lbs. a week getting to target but it wasn't consistent every week. Some weeks a decent loss, others STS and some gains. It's not easy to explain either but I am convinced that being 'good' or 'bad' catches up eventually, just not always on a neat weekly pattern.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, baked beans, HEB toast, HEA milk for drinks
    L: ham with stir fried veg
    D: SW tagliatelle Bolognese
    Syns: Parmesan 2 (may be able to offset some from HEA), wine syns.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,814
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    2 lbs off this week.
    Great result MIss Teach :grin:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,862
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Not a good start STS At least it wasnt a gain :o
    Missed this last night thats ok :D
    greentiger wrote: »
    Yes, beanie, it was England !!!8211; and they won.

Oh, Kathryn, you do not have an easy time !!!8211; ever!

Magnificent losses, Stoke, Vixstar, Sky_ and MissTeach. Well done, bubbs, photographic proof provider that huge meals, prepped the SW way, do deliver weight loss.

Hi, maman, nice to have you back from your holibags.

That shower shampoo warning made my day, tweets, love it!

Well, it!!!8217;s my turn to be off on holiday shortly. On Monday we are heading to Panama; can!!!8217;t wait. I hope to still be !!!8216;doing my nosey!!!8217; here while I!!!8217;m away, but not making any promises !!!8211; you all know me and commitment. In the meantime, I!!!8217;m eating a lot of !!!8216;wrong!!!8217; things because I am shopping from the fridge/freezer (haven!!!8217;t been near a shop since last Thursday). We have an invitation to DD!!!8217;s on Saturday for a BBQ too, so that!!!8217;s another mealtime sorted.
    Thanks, SW would not be for me if it was sparrow food:rotfl: i love food:j:j
    Have a lovely holiday x
    -1lb for me, at least it is a loss. Well done to the losses declared, wish I could achieve a decent amount, but have to accept that it I am going to have to be the tortoise.

:T:T well done thats good, be pleased :D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    Forumite
    maman wrote: »
    :T well done vixstar, sky and gtq!

Thanks bubbs, we had a really great time and thank you everyone for the welcomes.:A
    You've done ever so well to have a holiday and then end up way down your target range. I'm green with envy.

Oh yes! I recognise that picture all too well!:eek: I'm feeling quite bloated today, it's as if all the naughtiness is catching up with me.:(

I think everyone's different. I averaged a loss of 1.5 lbs. a week getting to target but it wasn't consistent every week. Some weeks a decent loss, others STS and some gains. It's not easy to explain either but I am convinced that being 'good' or 'bad' catches up eventually, just not always on a neat weekly pattern.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, baked beans, HEB toast, HEA milk for drinks
    L: ham with stir fried veg
    D: SW tagliatelle Bolognese
    Syns: Parmesan 2 (may be able to offset some from HEA), wine syns.
    I weighed my self when i came back and according to my scales had gained 8 lb:eek::eek: i ate all sorts of crap, chocolate, cake, bread, crisps, whole rack of ribs etc etc but i was really really good when i came back and weighed on the thursday and lost 1 1/2lb:rotfl::rotfl:then sts last week aand then 1/2 this week:D
    beanielou wrote: »
    2 lbs off this week.
    Great result MIss Teach :grin:
    :T:T:T:Twell done x
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    All I can say, is well done all you losers x

I am sadly bloating again.... I have decided to keep a diary for a few months and then go to see the doctor as it is not normal (before bubbs says it - I know I am not normal... but you know what I mean)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,481
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Reporting back about the potato pastry. Was an extremely soft dough and didn't really firm up when wrapped in cling film and left in the fridge. Says to leave in fridge for at least 30 minutes. I left it about 3 hours but was far too soft to roll out even between 2 sheets of cling film.

I ended up not using all of it as the first quarter I tried to roll out just stuck to the botton sheet and wouldn't peel off.

Used the rest of it to make a plate pie so will have to syn a bit more flour!

The pastry was fine once cooked and DH and I had a quarter each with cabbage, potatoes, cabbage and green beans. Will have the rest of it tomorrow with some salad for lunch.

Will I make it again? I would consider it but would definitely use less milk to mix it, in fact will probably use water the same as when I used to make shortcrust pastry.

Denise
  • bubbs
    Forumite
    All I can say, is well done all you losers x

I am sadly bloating again.... I have decided to keep a diary for a few months and then go to see the doctor as it is not normal (before bubbs says it - I know I am not normal... but you know what I mean)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Glad you know:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    joedenise wrote: »
    Reporting back about the potato pastry. Was an extremely soft dough and didn't really firm up when wrapped in cling film and left in the fridge. Says to leave in fridge for at least 30 minutes. I left it about 3 hours but was far too soft to roll out even between 2 sheets of cling film.

I ended up not using all of it as the first quarter I tried to roll out just stuck to the botton sheet and wouldn't peel off.

Used the rest of it to make a plate pie so will have to syn a bit more flour!

The pastry was fine once cooked and DH and I had a quarter each with cabbage, potatoes, cabbage and green beans. Will have the rest of it tomorrow with some salad for lunch.

Will I make it again? I would consider it but would definitely use less milk to mix it, in fact will probably use water the same as when I used to make shortcrust pastry.

Denise

Have you tried pease pudding as pastry? dont know how people can eat a full hot dinner in this weather:eek:

Evening all, sorry food interrupted my postings:rotfl::rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure