I've been Suspended...

Options
13»

Comments

• Scoobs85
    Scoobs85 Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I'll have to look into it. I have detailed notes about everything that has happened. Its whether or not a solicitor feels it will stand up. I hope it will be resolved without this action but we will see. I feel as even though I have done nothing wrong, I stand little chance
  • Blatchford
    Options
    Scoobs85 wrote: »
    The conversation was in a meeting room and there were only two people present, me and him. I made a reasonable request and it was rejected, I asked again, it was rejected. This was some time after the end of my shift. I gave an honest explanation, this was also rejected. I couldnt say anything or do anything right. I was not abusive, aggressive, intimidating. I couldnt do that. Yes the decibels went up but that was due to the situation. I was completely fair.

I do have another job which I am now moving to. It is with a previous employer so I am not concerned about references as my previous employer will now fill that role.

I will still pursue legal action against this employer should a resolution not be found to my own complaints
    Ah. And now it unravels. If you were shouting at your manager then it doesn't matter whether you were reasonable or not - shouting at your manager is unacceptable. And it may be your opinion that you were reasonable and your explanation for not having performed were reasonable, but oddly, yours is not the only opinion. And what "agreement" has been in place "for some time" (you haven't actually worked there for very long, so "some time" could also be as long as a piece of string) - if your contract says that you work other hours, then any informal arrangement you may have had from time to time doesn't mean you can leave early all the time. And the hours that you have quoted don't appear to make sense anyway.

But save yourself the trouble. You won't be taking legal action. There's none to take. You don't have a disability, there's been no discrimination even if you did, you haven't been dismissed and you already have another job, which oddly appears to have materialised in no time at all since you were suspended - so there is no loss to you for a tribunal to compensate. In fact, I'm sure the employers lawyer will be arguing to pursue costs against you if you try it on, because it seems oddly convenient that you only started complaining about discrimination that hasn't occurred having got another job. That would certainly appear to suggest an argument for you making a fictitious claim as a payback for the employer criticising your poor performance. You see, it doesn't matter whether that is true or not. When it gets to legal arguments lawyers don't give a toss about the moral high ground you previously claimed to hold - they will go for the throat. And they usually win.
  • Scoobs85
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Les79

I'm not. I'm a full time male employee which I know might go against me in this case. I have two young children who I have to pick up then run to school.

Your comments are very helpful (some on here seem to be on the employers side and twist it whatever way they can, guess that is what this manager has done in this case though).

I have automatically appealed the suspension as I dont think it was right. I will make the SAR today. I will also try and get the investigation postponed as I was suspended Friday so today is my first day building my case and getting the legal parties on board. Have they done it for Tuesday as they know I will get solicitors involved to give me very limited time?

I will focus on my other job though until we know a resolution which is with a lovely company, lot smaller but I'm happier there.
  • Scoobs85
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Justlexi93

Yes it does. I really get on well with my team and 7/8ths of my peers in the management team but this adds to the stress as it feels like I'm being singled out by this individual. Some management can see it, my team all can see it pre warning me when this manager is in. Some of the guys were that worried as we had more work than physically possible they refused to take their break even though I asked them to.

Good luck with your business venture I'm sure it will go well, think positive :)
  • boo_star
    boo_star Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    (some on here seem to be on the employers side and twist it whatever way they can, guess that is what this manager has done in this case though)

It's called being realistic, rather than blowing smoke up your rear end as Les has a habit of doing.
  • Blatchford
    Options
    boo_star wrote: »
    It's called being realistic, rather than blowing smoke up your rear end as Les has a habit of doing.
    Quite. Even if the poster had been female and part-time, the advice given to claim sex discrimination could be described as rubbish, but I wouldn't do that because then they report you to the MSE team for being horrible to them.

Given the information disclosed here, this advice amounts to nothing more than a blatant encouragement to make a fabricated claim. It was exactly this sort of thing that led to the government introducing charges, and I don't doubt that it will be the sort of thing that gets them reintroduced.
  • ohreally
    ohreally Posts: 7,525 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Scoobs85 wrote: »
    I really get on well with my team and 7/8ths of my peers in the management team

You refer to your peers in the management team, are you a manager?
    Don’t be a can’t, be a can.
  • Blatchford
    Options
    [QUOTE=Les79;76406877
    I tried to discourage them a few times in my post. Gone over your head?[/QUOTE]
    So you come out and told them to claim discrimination, explained how they should do that, and then tried to discourage them from taking your advice?

Related to Boris Johnson are you?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport