Recall Private Message - possible?

Is it possible to do this, if the message hasn't been read?
How's it going, AKA, Nutwatch? - 12 month spends to date = 2.31% of current retirement "pot" (as at end March 2024)

Comments

• sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,890 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Sea_Shell wrote: »
    Is it possible to do this, if the message hasn't been read?

Not as far as I am aware.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • pingtech
    pingtech Posts: 10 Forumite
    edited 12 October 2019 at 12:26PM
    How do you know if the message has been read by the intended recipient?

I understood the 'Read Message' icon refers to whether or not you have read it.

I do not seem to have, or at least cannot find, the 'read request' option on this site.
    Important! Never send any sensitive personal details via PM

This is a friendly site, yet you can never be 100% sure of the recipient’s identity. Even if you delete the PM from your sent items, the recipient may have it stored – and forum software does not contain bank-level security.
  • Sea_Shell
    Sea_Shell Posts: 9,344 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I meant if you were able to recall it soon (immediately) after sending....hoping it hadn't yet been read.

I realise you can't tell when it's been read and deleting it from your outbox doesn't do anything.
    How's it going, AKA, Nutwatch? - 12 month spends to date = 2.31% of current retirement "pot" (as at end March 2024)
  • sarah1972
    I meant if you were able to recall it soon (immediately) after sending....hoping it hadn't yet been read.

I realise you can't tell when it's been read and deleting it from your outbox doesn't do anything.

No, I think once it’s gone, it’s gone whether it’s been read or not if you know what i mean x
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • sarah1972
    pingtech wrote: »
    How do you know if the message has been read by the intended recipient?

I understood the 'Read Message' icon refers to whether or not you have read it.

I do not seem to have, or at least cannot find, the 'read request' option on this site.

You don’t and there is no confirmation or read receipt option so you don’t know if a recipient has read your message.
  • Sea_Shell
    Sea_Shell Posts: 9,344 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    So basically, today's lesson....Message in haste, repent at leisure!!

(And no, I haven't been offensive to anyone, if that's what y'all thinking)
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    So basically, today's lesson....Message in haste, repent at leisure!!

(And no, I haven't been offensive to anyone, if that's what y'all thinking)

I got the message. I'll be honest. Having the nipples showing isnt a problem IMO.

:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport