PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

money saving christmas tips

Comments

• cathy_3
    cathy_3 Posts: 1,500 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    they dont get worse, they get bigger and stronger and find it easier to annoy you intensely

do you feel better now?/

good news is about 22 they turn back to the lovely 12 year old you used to have
    16011996 Posts: 8,313 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    great, only 9 years to go then.

by which time youngest will just be starting.

my god.

why didn't i listen in sex education lessons.
  • Jodun
    Jodun Posts: 181 Forumite

good news is about 22 they turn back to the lovely 12 year old you used to have

Eh??

My twins turned 12 today, I think the last time they were lovely was at least 2 years ago!
  • cathy_3
    cathy_3 Posts: 1,500 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    mine must have been late starters ;D
    Combo Breaker First Post
    pmsl.
    mine must have been late starters  ;D
    Combo Breaker First Post
    what a fab idea.
    Lol @ Cathy & teen ideas! Perhaps we could set up a house swap list. All with teens swap houses, so they come back and have to deal with someone else's parents! As soon as they start being rude/slovenly, all swap again!!! ;D Good way for parents to see different parts of the country and never get bogged down with the same old kids!
  • rushnowt
    rushnowt Posts: 24,749 Forumite
    When i was working at a large office we used to do the same as mentioned here, by putting everyones name in a hat and picking one out, we had to stick to a certain limit of cash usually only a couple of quid but the pressie had to be funny but functional, it at least eased the stress of trying to buy the real pressies for family that are never easy to buy for, and was a real eye opener when seeing some of the gifts bought :o

maybe if you have a large family that all get together over xmas you could all do the same.

not that i'm advocating large get togethers, after all who has to prepare and clean up afterwards >:(

instead save ur money sod em all and go away for the festive period, let someone else take care of you. ... ah bliss. ;D ....................................................................................................................................................................
    oopps reality check..ah well it was nice while it lasted :'(
    Nobody can make you feel inferior, without your permission ;)

Love doesn't make the world go round, it's what makes the ride worthwhile

ya still freezing :p

Combo Breaker First Post
    lol. ;D
  • rushnowt
    rushnowt Posts: 24,749 Forumite
    PS, i know this is a xmas link, but thought i'd join in with the subject of teens

my eldest is 17 in Feb, and has been threatening (or rather promising lol) to leave home since she was 13, you know the score, be home at this time, dont do that blah blah blah, response " your ruining my life, everybody else can go there, do this have, the other" yea right.

we explained she couldn't leave till she was 18, cant buy or rent till then :(

anyway to her credit (or may turn out to be stupidity, we'll see) she found a place called BASE, Bolton Accomodation & Support government run scheme that provides help for teens.

upshot is shes now moved into a lovely 2 bed terraced house on a very nice road all fully furnished, gas central heating, double glazed pvc windows (its better than my house lol) and essentials provided, they've bought her a new bed, mattress and cooker provided her with her first weeks shopping: food, cleaning products, toiletries etc, she pays £2.50 a week rent and £2.50 a week for gas/electric and although its only been a few weeks shes loving it.

obviously its not the ideal situation although she was hard work, i never really wanted her to leave home, just learn to behave and abide to some very lenient rules.... but that said it seems to be working out ok, i see her more now than i ever did when she lived here and everyone seems to be happier and less stressed.

I just hope everything works out ok for her, its only down the road from me so i check on her regualarly and pop down late at night, but dont tell her that :-X

its not the solution everyone is looking for but if you need some help and advice might be an idea to check if this is available in your area too.

i remember my first home council flat no furniture and hardly 2 pennies to rub together, not much changed there then lol. how i wish this was available then.

good luck and remember when they've gone you can always look forward to the grandkids :o
    Nobody can make you feel inferior, without your permission ;)

Love doesn't make the world go round, it's what makes the ride worthwhile

ya still freezing :p

Combo Breaker First Post
    wow, she sounds like she's getting herself sorted. well done. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure