*FREE* DVD Rental (become a DVD Tart)

Options

Comments

• Trist_3
    Trist_3 Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    Trist wrote:
    Oh dear… I've just decided to give the free rental business a crack and Global E-rental was the first company I chose. Looks like that was a bad decision!

I've got a DVD and a PS2 game in the post to me, I'll keep you updated with the quality of it. From the sounds of it I'll be dissapointed though.
    Ok... just a quick update on my Global E-rental experience. First DVD and PlayStation2 game arrived the other day. Both were scratched, DVD was just about watchable but it skipped quite a lot, the game wasn't much better and also froze several time when playing.

Not the best of starts.... let see what the next two discs are like. Fingers crossed.
  • howalsh
    howalsh Posts: 396 Forumite
    Options
    Hello tarts, DVD virgin here! Joined Screen Select yesterday with the 3 at a time trial - can I send them back 1 by 1 and get my replacements 1 by 1 or do I have to wait till I've watched all 3?
    My views are irrelevant - censorship is alive & well!
  • Ickle_Steve
    Ickle_Steve Posts: 154 Forumite
    Options
    You can send them back whichever way you like. They send 1 DVD out for each DVD they get back. 1 by 1 or 3 at a time.
    Steve
  • finbar
    finbar Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Trist wrote:
    Ok... just a quick update on my Global E-rental experience. First DVD and PlayStation2 game arrived the other day. Both were scratched, DVD was just about watchable but it skipped quite a lot, the game wasn't much better and also froze several time when playing.

Not the best of starts.... let see what the next two discs are like. Fingers crossed.

Prepare to be disappointed - I am about to cancel after a month - I would say that 95% of discs I received were scratched and jumped when played, some missing 5-10 minute sections of films, and a couple that would not play at all!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Lovefilm have a very slow turnaround at the moment, well, for me anyway. The last two weeks have been very disappointing.
  • r2mahara
    r2mahara Posts: 93 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Every tenth trial (free) wins a dvd player. See:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=57098
  • Milky_Mocha
    Milky_Mocha Posts: 1,064 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Trist wrote:

I've used Global e-rental as well for thirty days and their CDs were v poor - scratched, skipped, and dirty. Shame really because they actually had a good variety. For every favourite actor I typed in their search they came up with more titles than LOVEFILM.
    The reason people don't move right down inside the carriage is that there's nothing to hold onto when you're in the middle.
  • Milky_Mocha
    Milky_Mocha Posts: 1,064 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    drlight wrote:
    This gives extended trail 30 days
    lovefilm
    WENcsygeu9

When you say extended trial do you mean at the end of my initial free trial I can use your code and get another 30 days?
    The reason people don't move right down inside the carriage is that there's nothing to hold onto when you're in the middle.
  • Trist_3
    Trist_3 Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    I've used Global e-rental as well for thirty days and their CDs were v poor - scratched, skipped, and dirty. Shame really because they actually had a good variety. For every favourite actor I typed in their search they came up with more titles than LOVEFILM.
    I marked my scratched DVD stating that it was damaged, and also reported it via the website… worryingly I sent it last Saturday & its still reported as being with ME. I sent a game that I'd rented at the same time & they received it on Monday.

I've emailed them to ask what's going on… so far no response. They're not going to bill me for a scratched DVD that I couldn't even watch are they??? _pale_
  • boofy_2
    boofy_2 Posts: 422 Forumite
    Options
    Lovefilm: Am still awaiting a DVD despatched on 17 May and 20 May respectively. However, we are having mega probs here in good old Clayhall, Essex!
    "When you want something said, ask a man.
    When you want something DONE, ask a woman" - Margaret Thatcher
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport