Getting it together...one £ at a time!

Comments

• Homegrown0
    Homegrown0 Posts: 1,280
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Just got another little £1.17 survey on PA so when that clears, will be up to £15.50ish. Annoyingly, there was another survey that I signed up for but my screen resolution on the laptop wasn't high enough. Humph.

In good news, my sister and I have agreed not to do presents for each other and our husbands at Christmas. I do enjoy buying gifts for her, but it's about reducing spending and really we don't need any more 'stuff'.
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
    Pay off by Xmas 2019 #02 - target £10,000
  • Its good your sister is of like mind. Win, win.

Sorry you are unwell. Take care as these things can hang about a bit and bounce back if you don't look after yourself.
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Homegrown0 wrote: »
    In good news, my sister and I have agreed not to do presents for each other and our husbands at Christmas. I do enjoy buying gifts for her, but it's about reducing spending and really we don't need any more 'stuff'.

Sometimes the gift of time is more valuable than tangible gifts. My family agreed a few years back to not buy big Christmas gifts, just a little something daft to open on Christmas Day like a new dishcloth or a loofah! I won one year by buying father a savoy cabbage!

Anyway......back to the point!

More importantly we all agreed to arrange to meet up, all together and use a fraction of the money we'd have spent on presents to have a good old family shindig like an afternoon tea together for example. Costs about £10/person but the time we spend together is much more valuable than any gift.

T:)
    Mortgage at end 05/2007: £90200
    Mortgage at end 08/2018: £71646 paid £18354 (20.5%)
    MFD: :eek:Original:05/2042:eek:
    Car Finance: £8225 : £6392 (22.2% paid off)
    CC Debt (0% until 06/2020): £5640 : £4400 (21.7% paid off)

Age of Money at 31/08/2018 = 23 days

YNAB is changing the way I live my life....and spend my money!!
  • Thistle, you're so right about time being more important.

A couple of years ago we did no presents and we went out for a lovely dinner and some drinks in January. We don't do it very often so was a lovely treat and our husbands do get on really well too so that helps.

A savoy cabbage would definitely win in the random gift stakes!
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
  • Yesterday was a NSD which is helpful :)

Husband and I spoke last night about what to do in half term because we keep swinging between going on a cheap weekend away to getting a cottage somewhere to just staying at home and doing day trips. I think we've pretty much agreed to just do day trips to try to keep spending to a minimum.

I'll try to keep money aside for entry fees into places and make sure we're set up with picnic stuff and try not to go wild. I've got a few ideas for places to visit which should make the planning easier but we'll probably decide based on what the weather does.

We are still a house full of germs, and i'm thinking of giving Friday night club (eldest son) a miss so that we can have an early night. He has a grading tomorrow for his TKD and both have swimming so it's a pretty full on day, especially when we're all under the weather.

I'm away working for part of next week so need to get organised for that too. Uurgh. Be gone germs!
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
  • Homegrown0 wrote: »
    A savoy cabbage would definitely win in the random gift stakes!

It was an absolute "cow" to wrap!!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Mortgage at end 05/2007: £90200
    Mortgage at end 08/2018: £71646 paid £18354 (20.5%)
    MFD: :eek:Original:05/2042:eek:
    Car Finance: £8225 : £6392 (22.2% paid off)
    CC Debt (0% until 06/2020): £5640 : £4400 (21.7% paid off)

Age of Money at 31/08/2018 = 23 days

YNAB is changing the way I live my life....and spend my money!!
  • I once bought the boy next door a bottle of tomato ketchup for Christmas because he kept borrowing ours. It was beautifully wrapped complete with ribbons and bows!
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • Homegrown0
    Forumite
    Haha - actually Toni'sfriend, that's a really thoughtful gift! I hope he was pleased :)
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
  • Homegrown0
    Forumite
    Managed two more decent paying PA surveys this evening, so that's me up to £18.06 when they are approved. Close to my £20 cashing out goal again, and that'll be another £20 into the holiday pot.

TFI-Friday...

Visiting relatives have just left so the kids have just been put to bed, i'm getting into my pyjammas and I'm going to pour myself a gin.For medicinal purposes, of course. I think I've earned it after a truly rotten week.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend!
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
  • How come you guys are getting PA surveys gerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I am getting nothing lol
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback