TSB credit card monthly direct debit not taken today

Options
Just in case others are experiencing the same as some of us and don't look at the Banking section of this forum.

Presumably linked to the movements of TSB Banking platform this last week.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=74214589&postcount=463

Comments

• Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    edited 27 April 2018 at 10:40PM
    Options
    I have only a credit card with TSB not a bank account.
    When I log on I am still unable to see transactions made since the last statement and although the balances in the header are correct the itemised amounts below relating to the last statement period are all showing as - (negative) amounts and the balance 0.
    I have stopped using the card now and will not use it again until what I see makes some sense. How much longer is this going to go on for?.
    My direct debit (quite a large one 4 figures) is not due to be taken until 7th May so hope they take it.
    Fortunately, having only a credit card, I can just stop using the card and make my purchases on other cards. Can only sympathise with individuals unfortunate enough to have their main current account with TSB.
  • Sea_Shell
    Sea_Shell Posts: 9,376 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have a 0% TSB card with a DD set to go out on 30th. Just in case, I made a manual transfer of the minimum payment, from my Classic Plus account. It's showing as debited from the account, but not credited to the CC account yet (did this yesterday afternoon).

Weirdly, it shows my "balance last statement" as £0, but i can't open statements to see the last one (as paperless)

I really do hope that it all goes through, as I don't want to breach the 0% deal, and more importantly, I don't want a late payment marker on my credit history.
    How's it going, AKA, Nutwatch? - 12 month spends to date = 2.31% of current retirement "pot" (as at end March 2024)
  • AndyPoll
    AndyPoll Posts: 20 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 28 April 2018 at 7:09PM
    Options
    I have exactly the same issue SeaShell with a DD to go to the card next week.

Please update if the payment actually arrives in time. I really don't want this IT shambles to mean I have a late payment on file so anyone else with the same situation would be useful to hear from.

I hope it all goes through fine for you.

I think if I have to I'll pay cash in branch.

On another note the CC internet banking still isn't working as you can't see anything beyond recent transactions. No statements are available and the the hyperlink to previous months does not work either.
  • noh
    noh Posts: 5,799 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Mine, due yesterday 27th, now is showing as having arrived in my CC account using the TSB app. The DD comes from a Santander account which has no corresponding debit shown.
  • veryintrigued
    veryintrigued Posts: 3,843 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 28 April 2018 at 7:59PM
    Options
    noh wrote: »
    Mine, due yesterday 27th, now is showing as having arrived in my CC account using the TSB app. The DD comes from a Santander account which has no corresponding debit shown.

Ditto - appeared late Fri night.

They've diddled the DD payment into the TSB account with no DD showing leaving the BOS current account.

I can't believe for one moment they won't progress the payment.

Good news this means it won't affect my credit file.
    Bad news that I'll probably miss out on the BOS current account interest as this TSB CC was one of my two active DDs.
  • Sea_Shell
    Options
    I've got my fingers crossed that on Monday the DD will go as usual, plus the amount I paid will also show. I don't mind that I'll have paid the due amount twice, as it's only under a tenner. Just hope it all works.
    How's it going, AKA, Nutwatch? - 12 month spends to date = 2.31% of current retirement "pot" (as at end March 2024)
  • nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,928 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sea_Shell wrote: »
    I have a 0% TSB card with a DD set to go out on 30th. Just in case, I made a manual transfer of the minimum payment, from my Classic Plus account. It's showing as debited from the account, but not credited to the CC account yet (did this yesterday afternoon).

Weirdly, it shows my "balance last statement" as £0, but i can't open statements to see the last one (as paperless)

I really do hope that it all goes through, as I don't want to breach the 0% deal, and more importantly, I don't want a late payment marker on my credit history.
    I don't know how often you make manual payments, but just to say it was same under the old system. I'd transferred an interest baring loan onto my 0% CC and would make extra payments from my Classic Plus in the few days before the DD was taken - always got taken from my current account balance but could be up to 72 hours before the payment showed on the credit card.

As to the worry over losing 0% or late payment markers, this will not happen because of the bad PR. They have already announced that any overdraft charges will be waived, that seems irrespective of whether it was caused due to inability to access your account online, and classic plus account holders getting 5% instead of 3% (going forward not just this month). So I can't see them removing anyones 0% or marking accounts late due to a failed DD. In fact it wouldn't surprise me if they decided no one gets a late payment marker this month whether you had a DD in place or not.
  • Sea_Shell
    Options
    I've never made one off payments before, always DD set to minimum on my 0% cards and let it do its thing.
  • Sea_Shell
    Options
    Well, the DD is showing as having left Lloyds...but still no movement or credits showing for payment on the TSB CC. Still can't view statements either. Lets see what the next couple of days brings.
  • oscarward
    oscarward Posts: 897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    I am in a ridiculous situation now

Current account and credit cards with TSB. I have a DD to clear the CC balance each month.

I made a large purchase on the credit card , just for the avios points, made a payment to 1/2 clear the balance last week and balance transfer for the other half.

Today they ignored the 1/2 payment and took the whole balance putting my current account £10k overdrawn. Given there is only a £1100 overdraft facility how can they do that? I have other DDs coming out tomorrow.

The silly thing is that the balance transfer is somewhere around the system as the phone banking system tells me I have a balance of £6k owing but available credit of £19k, all on a £13k credit limit.

After sitting on hold for 25 minutes this morning trying to talk to someone I will be knocking on the door of the branch asking for an explanation of how they intend to correct the situation.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure