No more borrowing from Peter to pay Paul.

Options

Comments

• please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Not good re the asthma attack - hope you are ok.

Whoop whoop for being at target at SW! Well done.

Hope cottage guest pays the rest asap Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • poohbear59
    poohbear59 Posts: 4,866 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    They still haven't paid up. We are trying not to put our money in to cover bills as it is then classes as drawings when we take it back. And it would be robbing Peter to pay Paul. Hoping they pay by Wednesday...

Today I spent on a dog tag as ours has mysteriously disappeared again. £8.95! Ouch. I don't remember it being so much last time i bought one.....in Jarrow. This was in Hexham. So extra 20% at least ��

Car brakes, disks and pads came to £123.80. That is half the Vauxhall costs. He says to go back in April for back brakes as ready for changing soon. If it costs the same it will be £256 saving on Vauxhall. Wow!

Instead of making biscuits for Wowcher customers I am now buying Aldi jaffa cakes and sharing over a few visits. I seal the packet well and they keep for a while, if I hide them. Saving a fair bit there as the butter is costly.

My asthma was described as brittle by GP. I don't think it is so bad, have to go back on Monday and I am taking things easy.
    Brizzled, hunkering down and being careful does feel good. Maybe MrP doesnt feel so good not seeing his friends so much but it isnt my fault he has more expensive hobbies.��

I remembered what I did Thursday night. I went to a free talk at town hall about dealing with damp in old houses. I have a few jobs to do that will cost nothing except me persuading Mr P to climb a ladder and also to do some digging when his shoulder is feeling better.
    business mortgage £0))''(+ Barclay's business kitchen loan £0=Total paid off was £96105 PPI claimed and received £13527
    'I had a black dog, his name was depression".
  • poohbear59
    edited 22 March 2017 at 4:31PM
    Options
    Just had a busy couple of days. I have spent two hours in the doctors waiting room in two days. I didn't take anything with me so it feels like wasted time.

I am on higher dose of steroids but feeling a bit better at last.

The time has mainly been spent drinking tea with family and friends.

Back to money saving today.

DD to our home insurer bounced. More because of me not recording some essential spends than anything else. But it needs sorting today. We pay £71. It is high because of rebuild costs on three feet thick walls. They also insure the cottage.

£200 paid to cc. Not sure what that actually pays off after interest is paid. I will have a look to get an idea so I can update my signature.

Today's list to tackle;
    Credit union bank transfer. Still didn't catch them as only open 2 hours a day
    Pay missed DD. Maybe try to change date
    [STRIKE]Make claim to 5imply health for dentist and Chiro payments. Might be around £45[/STRIKE]. Then as soon as it arrives into our current account pay into credit card. £48 to be paid to us :)
    Calculate cc debt reduction. Debt is £4684 today as I bought a month's food at 4ldi before I decided enough was enough.It hasn't gone down yet but at least it hasn't gone up
    [STRIKE]List a couple of things on eBay. Relist those that didn't sell last week[/STRIKE]. Cottage is listed for the four nights we have available in next two months.

Late paying cottage guest has still not made full payment:mad:. When the cash flow is tight and things have been agreed upon it makes things doubly difficult. But I am determined not to rob Peter to pay Paul today or ever again.....
    business mortgage £0))''(+ Barclay's business kitchen loan £0=Total paid off was £96105 PPI claimed and received £13527
  • poohbear59
    Options
    Meal plan for the week starting last Saturday. I have already swapped some meals around according to how I was feeling up to cooking.

Sat. Sausage and mash with onion gravy and mushy peas
    Sun. Sweet and sour chicken, rice and stir fry vegetables
    Mon. Spanish omelette with salad and sausage
    Ties. Steak chips tomatoes and salad
    Wed. Pasta carbonara
    Thurs.. Shepherds pie
    Fri. Tuna supreme
    Sat. Chicken curry with spring greens
    Sun Roast beef etc. Unless someone treats me to dinner at their place :)
    All of this will come from freezer or larder except spring greens which are growing in my porch. The beef all came from a local farm a couple of months ago and will keep us going for at least another two, maybe 3.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,268 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Can you maybe email the credit union?
    I can email mine.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Verbatim
    Verbatim Posts: 4,830 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Canyou tell the late payers that their holday is forfeit unless they pay by end of the week?
    CCs @0% £24k Dec 05 £19,621.41 Au £13400 S 12600 Oct £11,981 £9481 £7500 Nov £7250 D £7100 Jan 6950 F £5800 Mar£5400 May £4830 June £4660 July £4460 Aug £3200, S £900, £0 18/9/07 DFW Nerd 042
  • poohbear59
    edited 25 March 2017 at 6:03PM
    Options
    Beanie I will look into emailing them. They are only open from 11 to 1pm on a Thursday here. And same hours daily in town 22miles away. It is on my list for Monday. I am setting alarms on my phone..

Verbatim. Still no payment. Tricky situation because the person's mum stays here a lot and is a friend.

Mr P has suggested I send a Paypal invoice today as emails etc are falling on deaf ears. Cottage mortgage goes out on 28th so I need her money. And so very annoying... If I am not going to rob Peter to pay Paul I must have her payment by tomorrow.

We receive payment on 29th, for 3weeks sold by cottage company. So from 29th all will be well. The guest who hasn't paid fully arrives in two weeks. Should I just be 100% honest with her and tell her I really need it? And why?

The latest money saving and one I am ashamed to admit........I have been paying £7.99 a month for Kindle books. Which I haven't used... And because MrP has a kindle on the same account I just thought it was him spending on Amazon. So yesterday I stopped the subscription. Another £7.99 a month saved.

Today my family are taking me out for lunch for Mother's day. We are going tody because it is cheaper. I love that my family think like me....

Yesterday we spent £149 at 4ldi. Hopefully it will keep us going for the month other than fresh stuff. Some of the cost was for business so I will have to get my receipt and work it out. Mr P didn't want to sort out items at checkout so all went through together.

Breathing is still not right and I am quite exhausted by lack of sleep but I have finished the 7 day course of steroids so should sleep better tonight.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,268 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Could you ask the bank if they could delay mortgage for just one day on this occasion. I did this a while back on a loan repayment.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Verbatim
    Verbatim Posts: 4,830 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Could you ask the bank if they could delay mortgage for just one day on this occasion. I did this a while back on a loan repayment.

What a brilliant idea Beanie. (Unless it would mean a black mark as a late payment)?
    I'm not sure explaining that you need the money is wise. In any case they are late with their payment and are no doubt fully aware of this. Could you phone them and ask if they are having difficulty paying and suggest asking her mum to help!? Presumably you have ts&cs stating how many weeks in advance of the holiday the balance has to be paid. Reminding them of this with something along the lines of needing the money to be able to guarantee their holiday. And their being liable for the full amount if you are unable to relet the week. (Last bit difficult given mother's frequent visits though).
    CCs @0% £24k Dec 05 £19,621.41 Au £13400 S 12600 Oct £11,981 £9481 £7500 Nov £7250 D £7100 Jan 6950 F £5800 Mar£5400 May £4830 June £4660 July £4460 Aug £3200, S £900, £0 18/9/07 DFW Nerd 042
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Hope you had a lovely early Mothers Day meal and the holiday makers have paid up by now Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family