Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback

Comments

• teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 6 October 2016 at 4:38PM
    AngelPatch wrote: »
    I've been a loyal Sky customer for EVER, paying £74 for my Sky TV package. Reading your Forum messages I decided to haggle for a better price. The first Sky Adviser offered 20% off & despite my threatening to leave Sky he wouldn't budge. So I gave 31 days notice. A week later Sky rang me offering 35% off if I come back. I was just about to take that when I saw a message on your Forum saying that their Sky Interactive button gave a message offering 50% for people who had left Sky in the last 12 months. I checked & discovered that I, too, had that 50% message! THANK YOU, MSE, for helping me get my new Sky deal: 50% off for 12 months, no contract, so I can give 31 days notice and quit at any time. Just saved myself £372 a year! I'm very happy with it! :)

Sky don't believe in loyalty. You have to cancel to get offers and I have done so with tv, but their offer, since giving tv notice, for broadband and tv was hopeless; just free broadband,so I'm probably going to PlusNet and won't miss the tv part,as we have a smart tv and a Humax box.
  • psb
    psb Posts: 36 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I want to renegotiate my SKY monthly bill but it annoys me to have to ring a premium number, does anyone have a non premium number that I can call please? I have done Live Chat but the person I spoke with would only give me a premium number to call to do so.:(
    :EasterBunpsb
  • mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    psb wrote: »
    I want to renegotiate my SKY monthly bill but it annoys me to have to ring a premium number, does anyone have a non premium number that I can call please? I have done Live Chat but the person I spoke with would only give me a premium number to call to do so.:(

What premium rate number? I thought all Sky numbers had changed to 03XX a while ago?
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    mije1983 wrote: »
    What premium rate number? I thought all Sky numbers had changed to 03XX a while ago?

...but its still listed as an 0844 number if you click on offers whilst in cancellation notice period.:(
  • mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    brewerdave wrote: »
    ...but its still listed as an 0844 number if you click on offers whilst in cancellation notice period.:(

Tut tut Sky!

I can't see that as I'm not in my cancellation period anymore but the options I just checked now in the contact us section all gave 03xx numbers so 'psb' should be able to call them no problem.
  • bubblegun
    bubblegun Posts: 210 Forumite
    psb wrote: »
    brewerdave wrote: »

Most Sky numbers starting 08442.. work fine if you substitute 03442..

If you have a Sky landline it doesn't matter as the 08442 numbers are £zero rated on your bills.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    MySky web site now offering 60% for 12 months on any package as per 50 % for 10 months yesterday:T
  • brewerdave wrote: »
    MySky web site now offering 60% for 12 months on any package as per 50 % for 10 months yesterday:T

I have this on my sky account as am in the cancellation period. Whenever I click through it goes back to offering me 50% off for 10months. The same thing happened yesterday.
  • martin1372 wrote: »
    I have this on my sky account as am in the cancellation period. Whenever I click through it goes back to offering me 50% off for 10months. The same thing happened yesterday.

Phone them to complain or use Sky Chat and hope that you get someone from India. When you complain try to get more of a discount.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback