How are HomeServe still in business

Comments

• verntern
    verntern Posts: 247 Forumite
    macman wrote: »
    You do what you should have done in the first place-call out a local independent recommended GSR RGI.

Pathetic, pompous, condescending, patronising 'know all' response to someone seeking advice. Some of us do not know what GSR RGI are abbreviations for.
  • verntern wrote: »
    Pathetic, pompous, condescending, patronising 'know all' response to someone seeking advice. Some of us do not know what GSR RGI are abbreviations for.

You could ask instead of resorting to namecalling.

GSR - Gas Safe Resister
    RGI - Registered Gas Installer

Many people use acronyms without thinking twice about because they are second nature and not because they want to be pompous, condescending or patronising. Reacting as you have is rather childish to be honest.
    There's no sense crying over every mistake.
    You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,088 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    No, it's practical advice, and the same advice I'd give every time someone comes on here again complaining about HomeServe. Gas Safe Register/Registered Gas Installer.
    Since you appear to have reached exactly the same conclusion as me after your experience with them, I fail to see what your point is?
    If after 2 weeks Homeserve have failed to fix the boiler, why would anyone wait any longer before calling out an independent?
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • Currently fighting with Homeserve which will come as no surprise on here. My home insurance is with AXA and they sent APPROVED repairer Homeserve to fix my leak. In fixing my leak Homeserve damaged my shower and are trying desperately to avoid coming back to rectify. 4 inndependant builders have told me what an appalling job Hserve have done and even an Hserve manager in front of witness acknowledges this. They refuse to come out to repair their damage until I remove plasterboard to create access for them (which I refuse to do).
    My other problem is AXA. I believe that they are fully aware of Hserve's reputation and persist in using them as approved repairer sending them to customer's homes. Unlike other businesses where customer is king it proves in the insurance world that customers are conned. Will it ever change???
  • Hi

Homeserve has asked us to post this on its behalf, it says the email address is a specific one to which your issue can be escalated so it can help. MSE doesn't endorse anything a company says or does on the forum.

“HomeServe are sorry that you are having issues, please contact heretohelp@homeserve.com and we will be happy to assist you”
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • verntern
    verntern Posts: 247 Forumite
    macman wrote: »
    No, it's practical advice, and the same advice I'd give every time someone comes on here again complaining about HomeServe. Gas Safe Register/Registered Gas Installer.
    Since you appear to have reached exactly the same conclusion as me after your experience with them, I fail to see what your point is?
    If after 2 weeks Homeserve have failed to fix the boiler, why would anyone wait any longer before calling out an independent?

Yet again, no worthwhile advice whatsoever. Complaints on here are from people who pay monthly premiums to Homeserve in good faith and expect that they will have trouble-free service. The postings ask for help and advice in dealing with an existing complaint about Homeserve. Calling out an independent engineer may fix a problem at additional cost but it doesn't resolve contributors' problems of how to obtain satisfaction/compensation from Homeserve. Your advice to peoples concerns does not address their circumstances but dismisses them as more of a patronising 'I told you so'.
  • macman
    I can't offer you any advice on how to deal with a Homeserve complaint, because clearly their complaints procedure is as incompetent and unresponsive as the rest of their service. If you've waited 2 weeks for HomeServe to act and they have failed to do, then you make other arrangements. Tell them in writing that they have 7 days to remedy the defect or you will consider them in breach of contract. You then take action through the small claims process to recover your expenses and costs from them. Knowing Homeserve they'll probably fail to turn up anyway.
    If you don't consider that worthwhile advice, I can't help you.
  • Homeserve complaints dept is a joke, sent complaint months ago and no reply all I got was a letter blaming the weather for delays. Noone acknowledged my complaint or any of the points i had raised, looked like a bog standard letter they must be fobbing us all off with!! I m a vulnerable customer with a burst internal pipe-took hrs to get through to their claims line and then they could nt even get out to me and told me to get my own engineer out?!! is this what i pay my premiums for? I was told i would get the costs reimbursed and i have not heard anything other then this fob me off letter and before that standard letters for ages telling me they were "investigating" my matter.

A work colleague also had a similar problem with Homeserve and was sent the same sorry letter and when he followed it up and sent in a further letter and invoices for his own engineer but was told that they would nt cover the costs after all that!

All sounds very underhanded, heard nothing but bad things about them and their "approved" contractors especially Storm and PH Jones beware!!
  • macman wrote: »
    I can't offer you any advice on how to deal with a Homeserve complaint, because clearly their complaints procedure is as incompetent and unresponsive as the rest of their service. If you've waited 2 weeks for HomeServe to act and they have failed to do, then you make other arrangements. Tell them in writing that they have 7 days to remedy the defect or you will consider them in breach of contract. You then take action through the small claims process to recover your expenses and costs from them. Knowing Homeserve they'll probably fail to turn up anyway.
    If you don't consider that worthwhile advice, I can't help you.

Homeserve advise if they have not authorised your own engineer then they will not be held liable to cover it? where would you stand?
  • macman
    I didn't say that they would cover it.That does not prevent you taking civil action against them for breach of contract and consequent recovery of costs..
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure