Trying again for ppi

I know I definitely had ppi before with Lloyd’s years ago and sent template letters. They sent it back saying they couldn’t find any details. I have now found credit card long numbers and the bank account and loan account numbers from them.
Is it likely they will be able to try again with this ? Thanks in advance

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,711
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Ambassador
    Hi,

Your post has been moved to a more relevant board, in this case the reclaiming PPI board.

Thanks.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,631
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I know I definitely had ppi before with Lloyd’s years ago and sent template letters. They sent it back saying they couldn’t find any details. I have now found credit card long numbers and the bank account and loan account numbers from them.

If they didn't reject your complaint (i.e. no reference to FOS) then you can complain again with these details. If they rejected your complaint then it is time barred
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    I know I definitely had ppi before with Lloyd!!!8217;s years ago and sent template letters. They sent it back saying they couldn!!!8217;t find any details. I have now found credit card long numbers and the bank account and loan account numbers from them.
    It depends what details they could not find, if details of any PPI etc have been destroyed then providing an account number will not help.

You'll only know for sure if you try, but are you saying that you received the long account numbers from the bank? If so, you will not be providing them with information they do not have already!
    Nasqueron wrote: »
    If they rejected your complaint then it is time barred
    That's not the case if the Bank simply rejected the complaint on the basis that they could not find an account. The bank will agree to re-open the complaint if the customer has now provided additional evidence which identifies the account.

Of course, if there was no PPI in the first place then no amount of account numbers will magic it up, but no time-bar will apply.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure