Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• Chrisv
    Chrisv Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Bake Off Boss!
    Can anyone remember where to find the amazon fillers please? I know my order will be well over £20 but there is often some real bargains among that lot.

Is this what you mean :)

http://www.supersaverdeliverytool.com/
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Chrisv wrote: »

Thank you :T:T

The only one I had managed to find was the 10ways one and I don't want to earn them any more money than I have to :p
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • elliemoo
    elliemoo Posts: 4,593 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Good morning, happy Friday.

Day off from exams here, so DD having a lie in.

Have a good day all.
  • 3Dogs
    3Dogs Posts: 14,092 Forumite
    Good morning Elite :A

cropped-breasst-cancer-banner.jpg
    :( Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 :( 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13 :(
  • sarahskint
    sarahskint Posts: 1,033 Forumite
    MORNING ALL :D

bit delayed as had to read a book 'lord of the flies' maybe its just not captivating enough, I've just finished it so for that I am relieved also just written my book review for it but think maybe I have been too harsh. I was recommended it as its a classic which won a nobel prize......... I was just after anyone elses' take on it x
  • sarahskint
    sarahskint Posts: 1,033 Forumite
    I have one more book to do, so need to read something ridiculously racy and rude to liven up my reviews.

Every year I do this challenge along with my boys primary school read 6 books in 6 weeks and do a review and picture. I go get my certificate in assembly also :D

So I always read 4 books of stuff crime wise, love my lee child ones. then I always read a classic and a book of smut :D
  • HILLBERN
    HILLBERN Posts: 3,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    WARNING this is what our friendly young sa said to us this morning.
    A couple of weeks ago she said they had a meeting about apgs, she came away seething but didn't tell us why.
    This morning she shows us the folder they have under the till A4 size with the dos and donts in it.
    there was a sheet titled APG that apparently has been circulated to all stores.
    Adsa is aware with the 342 promotion that apgs are being used, it stated the sa are within there right to refuse them on this promotion.:eek:
    I only skim read this as other staff around but I think that's the gist of it
    Our sa said shes not bothered, and she thinks its great what we do but she hasn't got the time to do herself, she hasn't even got a printer!!
    As has previously been stated may be wise to keep under £10 and possisbly use ss
    She also said beware only using 10 or under apgs a month (which we know) All staff have been briefed she said nationwide:eek:
  • scamps1966
    scamps1966 Posts: 5,648 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    HILLBERN wrote: »
    A couple of weeks ago she said they had a meeting about apgs, she came away seething but didn't tell us why.
    This morning she shows us the folder they have under the till A4 size with the dos and donts in it.
    Adsa is aware with the 342 promotion that apgs are being used, it stated the sa are within there right to refuse them on this promotion.:eek:
    Our sa said shes not bothered, and she thinks its great what we do but she hasn't got the time to do herself, she hasn't even got a printer!!
    As has previously been stated may be wise to keep under £10 and possisbly use ss
    She also said beware only using 10 or under apgs a month (which we know) All staff have been briefed she said nationwide:eek:

Had something like this yesterday. An SA came up to me and said they were checking all APG's over £10 and said that 3 that I'd used were out of date!!

She only looked at the date of when I printed them.:rotfl:

The look on her face when I pointed it out to her was priceless!

But she said that they did know about the 3 for 2 glitch!! And they are looking at peeps using a lot of APG's.
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    :j

Puppies JTS we need photos please :D

Enterprise - my mouth is open regarding the cheeky son - His Dad had already bailed him out numerous times.
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    HILLBERN wrote: »
    Although in practice this is going to be impossible for them to carry out,surely.
    I understand that if you do a target shop then you are likely to get an APG.. and in reality target shops are probably only done by a small minority of the shoppers through the store.....what happens if you are a genuine "muggle" shopper who happens to have obtained an APG by means of a promotion????

I shop at A occasionally...and as such do sometimes make use of a glitch but are they really going to challenge every customer using an APG to clarify if it was generated as a result of a promotional shop......I dont think so.

If they want to stop the APG being generated on promotions then they need to take that via their computer systems and take more care over how they and their competitors use price comparison sites....which again is a hill too far to climb!

And only using 10 APG's per month how do you even go about monitoring that.....

just my thoughts.....
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport