One Select - New Energy Company

Options

Comments

• footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 17 May 2017 at 2:23PM
    Options
    Coming out as the cheapest for me (but some margin), but can't seem to find any feedback... Anyone have any experience?
    Can't be that much of a margin - you posted only yesterday to indicate Economy Energy were cheapest for you after taking into account cashback.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5650603

I doubt you'll find anyone with the supplier yet. They only launched less than a month ago and it says switches can take up to 6 weeks.

Good luck!
  • beefturnmail
    beefturnmail Posts: 906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    footyguy wrote: »
    Can't be that much of a margin - you posted only yesterday to indicate Economy Energy were cheapest for you after taking into account cashback

Good luck!

They weren't showing when I did the original comparison prior to yesterday's post. They are coming out (for me) as £30pa cheaper than the next closest option (Npower) This excludes Economy Energy whom I've discarded based on negative feedback - they are £10 cheaper than them, inc cashback.

Though for the sake of £30 I will probably go with NPower, as they are more established.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,855 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    They don't want me as a customer, a bit of post code snobbery going on :p
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,655 Forumite
    Options
    Check QUIDCO cashback on npower. It is paying more the Cheap Energy Club
  • beefturnmail
    Options
    gsmlnx wrote: »
    Check QUIDCO cashback on npower. It is paying more the Cheap Energy Club

Thanks very much - You're right Quidco cashback appears to be £70 which is very lucrative - not used Quidco before though - is it as simple as money in my bank account like Energy Saving Club?

Also I note the deal expires in 4 days - not yet received the e-mail/letter from my current supplier reminding me my fixed tariff is ending, but I am with the 49 days (ends 30 June). Can I switch now without penalty or, do I have to wait for the e-mail/letter?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    The letter/email must be sent within the 49 to 42 day left window. After 49 days, exit fees are not permissible.
    Quidco seem alright, my npower cashback is tracking okay. You ask for the money to be sent to your bank account when its available via BACS. If you do the Quidco cashback it will ask for banking details before sending you to npower to sign up.
  • beefturnmail
    Options
    gsmlnx wrote: »
    The letter/email must be sent within the 49 to 42 day left window. After 49 days, exit fees are not permissible.

Thanks, so I can switch penalty free now (being less than 49 days from June 30th), wihtout necessarily waiting for the letter/e-mail?

Re Oneselect - they responded to me within 2 hours of my e-mail mesage of whether they supply IGT at no extra cost (they do). Impressive, but of course says nothing about customer service for existing customers
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Yep you are free to swap.
    https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/simpler-clearer-fairer/fairer-treatment
    You will receive a notice 42-49 days before the end date of your fixed term tariff to inform you that your tariff is coming to an end. Should you choose to switch after this point, suppliers can’t charge you a termination fee.
    Also
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/energy/2017/03/regulator-to-quiz-energy-firms-over-exit-fees-after-mse-investigation
  • Mr_K
    Mr_K Posts: 1,171 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    I was interested in this company but the the online account function is 'coming soon' and the page where it asks for you banks DD details isn't secure !
  • vkharch
    vkharch Posts: 38 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mr_K wrote: »
    I was interested in this company but the the online account function is 'coming soon' and the page where it asks for you banks DD details isn't secure !

It is secure now, with https before the web address. Though true about "Self-Service Portal is unavailable at the moment for essential maintenance. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause." with the picture saying will be launched shortly.
    I've started switch process with them as my Iresa experience is not going smoothly, I guess they lack resources as way too slow.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure