IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Euro car park parking charge notice

Options

Comments

• Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,053 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just one last quick thing tonight - replies on here can at times be blunt and to the point, so much so they may seem rude. there is a huge workload on here and we are all volunteers giving up our time trying to make sure that people do not fall victims to the Preadatory Parking Companys
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • verynicelady
    Options
    The other headache I have is, said vehicle didn't enter the carpark as such as was lost and didn't even know the land was ECP's but the template which has been advised to use mentions " very small print and the terms are not readable to drivers. This isn't really directed at this situation so wasn't sure if I should use.....
  • verynicelady
    Options
    I would like to thank you both so much for your replies. I am a newbie and a very worrying/scared person. I'll keep you posted as to my outcome if I ever get one :):)
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 13 April 2017 at 12:20AM
    Options
    The other headache I have is, said vehicle didn't enter the carpark as such as was lost and didn't even know the land was ECP's but the template which has been advised to use mentions " very small print and the terms are not readable to drivers. This isn't really directed at this situation so wasn't sure if I should use.....

OK, so you could amend the template and say instead:

The driver was lost and did not in fact even enter the car park at all, merely turned round and left without entering into any contract nor seeing any signs at all. This falls within a reasonable grace period and it seems that the 'in' and 'out' cameras are not synchronised because the car was not there for sixteen minutes, in fact. So the evidence is flawed and no contract existed as this was not a 'parking event' at all.

Just don't say 'I' and don't choose 'driver' on ECP's appeal page. ONLY 'registered keeper' in the same name as on the letter.
    I would like to thank you both so much for your replies. I am a newbie and a very worrying/scared person. I'll keep you posted as to my outcome if I ever get one
    Great - that's better. I wasn't intending to be rude, just pushing you to get the appeal job done properly! I am also a very nice lady (people tell me) and the only difference is I've been doing this a long time and I am not a natural worrier or pessimist, always glass half full. Relax! :)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • verynicelady
    Options
    Thank you so so very much for your time and effort you're an angel without wings, I will amend the template & definitely keep you posted, and yes I am a worrier alway's have been.. xxx Thanks again xxx
  • verynicelady
    verynicelady Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Coupon-mad
    just a quick update on the parking charge I received which we have previously discussed The outcome is they have decided to REJECT my appeal and say I now need to pay the £60 fine as they say I breached terms and conditions: no valid pay and display was purchased. Looks like I'm gonna have to pay the fine even tho I wasn't using the car park FEELING ANGERED:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi Coupon-mad
    just a quick update on the parking charge I received which we have previously discussed The outcome is they have decided to REJECT my appeal and say I now need to pay the £60 fine as they say I breached terms and conditions: no valid pay and display was purchased. Looks like I'm gonna have to pay the fine even tho I wasn't using the car park FEELING ANGERED:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

It is not a fine.

You do not have to pay a penny.

Take a deep breath and plot your revenge. You have several weeks to do this.

Draft your PoPLA appeal using as many of the template appeal points as you can from post 3 of the NEWBIES. These should at least include, not the landowner, no standing to bring charges in their own name, lack of grace period.
    Keeper not liable is also highly likely as most parking scammers are incapable of complying with the POFA 2012 and thus are unable to transfer liability to the keeper.

Please tell us the date of the alleged event and the date the keeper received the NTK.

You can upload an image of the (redacted) PCN/NTK to a web hosting site such as tinypic or photobucket, then post the URL here, but change http to hxxp. Someone here will then change it back to a live link.
    We can then check it against the very strict requirements of the POFA 2012 to see if they have henned up.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • verynicelady
    Options
    Thank you so very much for the help I will have a go and keep you posted :)
  • verynicelady
    Options
    Could I just ask, is it the original NTK you want or the latest received, thanks :rotfl:
  • verynicelady
    Options
    Hi Fruitcake
    Hope this is what your after and is done correctly, Kind regards

hxxp://feed1.tinypic.com/rss.php?u=c388rDZ6OdWSOgdhMVBYIQ%3D%3D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income