Choosing ISA Stock & Shares Platform - Do They Do These Funds

I am currently with AJ Bell and am looking to change as my fund is about to get a whole lot larger - some ISA & some not. The problem is that I have compiled a varied list of funds of different types to make sure that the platform has a nice wide range of availability and I cannot find some of them on most of the platforms and all of them nowhere. This is not an academic exercise as I will be buying into these funds.

I am looking at flat rate providers & I have found most funds on my list but the following have proved difficult:
HSBC FTSE All World Index
Vanguard FTSE All World UCITS ETF ISIN: IE00B3RBWM25
L & G International Index ISIN: GB00BG0QP604

As some of the platforms seem to need you to transfer to them before you can carry out a full search so will somebody be kind enough to tell me if these funds are on Halifax, iWeb and Interactive Investor so that I can decide where to move to.

Other flat rate plarform suggestions gratefully received.

dex

Comments

• coyrls
    coyrls Posts: 2,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Third_Age wrote: »
    I am currently with AJ Bell and am looking to change as my fund is about to get a whole lot larger - some ISA & some not. The problem is that I have compiled a varied list of funds of different types to make sure that the platform has a nice wide range of availability and I cannot find some of them on most of the platforms and all of them nowhere. This is not an academic exercise as I will be buying into these funds.

I am looking at flat rate providers & I have found most funds on my list but the following have proved difficult:
    HSBC FTSE All World Index
    Vanguard FTSE All World UCITS ETF ISIN: IE00B3RBWM25
    L & G International Index ISIN: GB00BG0QP604

As some of the platforms seem to need you to transfer to them before you can carry out a full search so will somebody be kind enough to tell me if these funds are on Halifax, iWeb and Interactive Investor so that I can decide where to move to.

Other flat rate plarform suggestions gratefully received.

dex

You can ring the platforms in question and ask them.
  • Thanks for the suggestion. I am so used to computers that I hadn't thought of that!

The results are not good. iWeb can sort of manage two but the others cannot.

Which low cost platforms carry the widest range of funds?
  • I don't tend to use many platforms.

I have been using Hargreaves Lansdown for the last three years and find them to meet my needs (that's not to say I don't look around as well).
    I find their charges very reasonable (for my needs) and the website is very easy to use.
    A few times it's foxed me so I called them up (four times in three years) expecting to be hanging on for hours and then told nobody had the time to deal with me.
    In fact every time I was dealt with quickly politely efficiently and learned a lot more than I was asking.
    It sounds like I work for them but I don't.
    They went above and beyond and that deserves acknowledgement these days.

I just searched each of the funds you list (some slight amendments) and found all were listed with HL's search engine via their site.
    Good luck.

{ 8-]
    2016 : Realised £103,000.00 savings (banked)
    2017 : Realised £97,000.00 savings (banked)
    2018 : Realised £ savings (banked)

20.4% avg annual portfolio growth since 2004.

Retired 17:30 hrs, Friday 30th September 2016, aged 56, and luvvin' it!!
    :beer:
  • ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,016 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    HL are good but amongst the most expensive particularly for larger sums as a percentage see provider and not a flat fee platform the OP was looking for
  • Yes - it most definitely needs to be a flat rate fee.
  • Linton
    Linton Posts: 17,129 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Hung up my suit!
    iii appear to have all of what you want. Note that the Vanguard ETF is treated as a share under the name Vanguard Funds PLC Vanguard...etc. All your wants seem to be pretty mainstream and so I would be surprised if major platforms didnt support them. I have found in the past that platforms may be willing to add missing funds to their supported list on request.
  • coyrls
    Third_Age wrote: »
    Thanks for the suggestion. I am so used to computers that I hadn't thought of that!

The results are not good. iWeb can sort of manage two but the others cannot.

Which low cost platforms carry the widest range of funds?

Alliance Trust Savings are fixed price and do all three but for the L&G fund, it is not the C class that your ISIN no. refers to but the I class (C class OC: 0.08%, I class OC: 0.13%) but I've checked AJ Bell and they also only offer the I class not the C class, so I don't know what consumer platform would offer the C class, as the initial investment requirement is £100M.

For ATS research, use their Investment Research page, http://www.alliancetrustsavings.co.uk/investing-hub/investment-research/ not their fund list.
  • Linton
    Linton Posts: 17,129 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Hung up my suit!
    coyrls wrote: »
    ''''it is not the C class that your ISIN no. refers to but the I class (C class OC: 0.08%, I class OC: 0.13%) but I've checked AJ Bell and they also only offer the I class not the C class, so I don't know what consumer platform would offer the C class, as the initial investment requirement is £100M.

Good point on the C class - iii only have the I Class as well. The initial investment shouldnt be an issue as I think it only applies if you buy the fund directly from the manager. Lots of commonly held funds have high initial investments.
  • coyrls
    Linton wrote: »
    Good point on the C class - iii only have the I Class as well. The initial investment shouldnt be an issue as I think it only applies if you buy the fund directly from the manager. Lots of commonly held funds have high initial investments.

I understand that the initial investment doesn't apply to the platforms' end users but it does indicate the type of volume that the fund manger would expect before doing a deal with a platform for a particular class. I don't think many/any consumer platform could offer the prospect of £100M in one fund.
  • Thanks for that - £100m+ is ever so slightly more than I was going to put in the fund.

I will look at Alliance Trust Savings.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport