PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

September 2013 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    edited 13 September 2013 at 5:35PM
    CH27 wrote: »
    I've been struggling this week.

I have £1.50 to last me until monday & I will need milk tomorrow.

Still managing on half what I was so progress is being made.

It won't let me update my signature.

ch27 are you trying to do what i do sometimes clicking on the preview sig instead of the edit box below that lets you change the details:o

ignore me, ive just tried and its giving a server error when i press submit as well so its a prob at mse end rather than anything you are doing.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Sequeena
    Sequeena Posts: 4,728 Forumite
    Been to morrisons and lidls today. I spent £16.48 on various things - butter, fruit, bread, quorn chicken pieces, dishwasher tablets etc. Also got some new dummies for my son, some chocolates for his Christmas stocking and a new top (I don't include this in my budget).

Not bad and will see us through until Tuesday when me and a friend go to ALDI :money:

Off to update my signature :)
    Wife and mother :j
    Grocery budget
    April week 1 - £42.78 | week 2 - £53.05
    24lbs in 12 weeks 15/24
  • CH27
    CH27 Posts: 5,531 Forumite
    ch27 are you trying to do what i do sometimes clicking on the preview sig instead of the edit box below that lets you change the details:o

ignore me, ive just tried and its giving a server error when i press submit as well so its a prob at mse end rather than anything you are doing.

I'm glad it's not just me :D
    Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.
  • xx_Jo_xx
    xx_Jo_xx Posts: 2,858 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    edited 13 September 2013 at 8:32PM
    Thanks for the SC advice... Will do a batch of this tomorrow morning :)

Ty :A

Eta Happy birthday to the msers that I've missed!! Xx
    :)Sometimes lurking, sometimes posting, but always flying:)
    You are supposed to be the leading lady of your own life, for God's sake! - The Holiday
    DFW :idea: August 2013... Debt total £15,475.56 - Jan 15 £11,738.66 - DEBT FREE by 2015
    Feb GC £48.02/£250 (£201.98)
    :D I will declutter my house and debts :D
  • Chippy tea at £12.10 and 99p on a loaf.... oh dear, still 12 days to go and almost spent up! It's these bloomin takeaways, I need to start resisting more
  • Flat_Eric wrote: »
    Well the throw things in a pan and hope for the best sausage hotpot thing was very tasty but :mad: I'm still waiting for the damn thing to cool down so putting it in bowls instead of the plastic tubs wasn't today's cleverest idea. with the batch cooking I have planned for this weekend, I'm not going to have enough food tubs so thought I would portion into bowls today before transferring to freezer bags. Would be interested to hear top tips for cooling food down....

Freezer bag tied and put it a bowl of cold water. I stopped asking HIM to put my freezer bags away when he gets home from work. Usually i put them on the unit nearest my backdoor boy i need a draught excluder but it does chill stuff quick
    Gc 2013 +26 -5. -4 -7 -14 -15 -10.-8.20 +15p+30+5.80 Dec +9 GROCERY challenge 2014 Jan -2Feb -3 March -1.50 April +5.40 May +4.90 June -3.July 16.50/85

God bless my sweet "old man" Goldie that died in the early hours of 27 th March please see him on my avatar
  • Jo, mine is simmering as we 'speak'. hadnt got an onion so its got a stick of celery in.

is it wine o'clock yet?
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Chippy tea at £12.10 and 99p on a loaf.... oh dear, still 12 days to go and almost spent up! It's these bloomin takeaways, I need to start resisting more

I know it's not quite the same, but maybe have some stock dinner treats at the ready instead? We have a bag of chips in the freezer for treat nights and also some pizza dough. So that way we can have 'take aways' of a home made kind? Just an idea!
    GC Sept '13: £249.05/£250, NSDs: 9/7!! :j
    GC Oct '13 £236.00/ £250, NSDs: 13/9!
    GC Nov '13 £5.72/ £250, NSDs: /10
  • I started a grocery challenge the day I realised we had a got ourselves in a slight financial pickle. Our grocery spend has decreased every week, can't believe it. We're eating more food as well as a more varied diet, who knew!
    w/c 16/8 - £77.42

w/c 23/8 – 42.59
    w/c 30/8 – 20.12
    w/c 6/9 – 18.54
    w/c 13/9 - 14.56 and received 0.76p off tesco voucher :T
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Coxy11 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Sorry I haven't posted in days. My birthday was Tuesday - had a rubbish day :( and have been having further laptop problems :mad:

Happy belated birthday to Flo - another Virgo :D

Will update budgets in a mo.

Meg - your post made me laugh :rotfl:

Dinner tonight is scampi, French fries and green beans. Nice and easy as I worked today and DD has guides at 7pm so quick tea needed.

Back later
    Coxy

So sorry your Birthday wasn't a good day
    pleased my antics with the onions gave you a laugh.
    Slimming World at target
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport