Flights, Currency & Car Hire Board Index

Comments

• I think the best option is Caxton prepaid card ,global traveller one,is isuued in UK but is use abroad can be topped up by debit card,what is the best is that there is not charge abroad for transactions in foreign currency no charges for ATM too
  • I have been trying to browse Ryan air website since Tuesday until today but the web site is blank. I have been using a different browsers, e.g Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, edge, etc

Has anyone had experience browsing Ryanair website recently ??

thanks
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,533
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    pantaiema wrote: »
    Has anyone had experience browsing Ryanair website recently ??

works fine for me on Safari, Firefox and Chrome...maybe clear your cookies and cache
  • kimla10
    kimla10 Posts: 30
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    lets say you have family in Germany, USA.
    what happens when an older family member is in hospital or ill and you have a rucksack and ready to go?

I want to fly out in a couple days with no baggage so where do I start? I don't have all day to sit around an airport with this stupid 4 hr to 12 hr delay I could willingly strangle the person who thought up that scheme? its makes no common sense.

Apparently BA have a Basic deal (no luggage) but can I find it? NO

any advice? just want to get to FRA asap.
    thank you very much
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,533
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    kimla10 wrote: »
    lets say you have family in Germany, USA.
    what happens when an older family member is in hospital or ill and you have a rucksack and ready to go?
    Confused - Germany, USA?

I want to fly out in a couple days with no baggage so where do I start? I don't have all day to sit around an airport with this stupid 4 hr to 12 hr delay I could willingly strangle the person who thought up that scheme? its makes no common sense.
    What scheme are you referring to?

Apparently BA have a Basic deal (no luggage) but can I find it? NO
    BA do not operate direct to FRA from MAN. You will find the 'Basic' fares if you look at the flights individually e.g. MAN-LHR and LHR-FRA

any advice? just want to get to FRA asap.
    thank you very much
    Lufthansa operate 4 direct flights most days from MAN-FRA, their 'Light' fare is hand luggage only
    You can book on the Lufthansa website
  • We are going to Florida in June for two weeks, have a hire car with Virgin but declined their insurance. What tips and advice can you recommend to ensure we get the right cover at the right price for insurance please you wonderful people?
  • Thanks for sharing a useful post.
  • Janeyjaz
    Janeyjaz Posts: 544 Forumite
    Hi, booked flights from Treviso to Leeds Bradford in October to fly 18/07 but they have changed the flight time from 15.35 to 11.00 and they are offering to refund me, the flights are now 75 euros cheaper, would I be justified in cancelling them and rebooking at the cheaper rate, I also booked transfers with them and they have changed the transfer company and I'm not sure if the transfer is still valid.
    Titch :)
  • PeacefulWaters
    PeacefulWaters Posts: 8,495 Forumite
    Janeyjaz wrote: »
    Hi, booked flights from Treviso to Leeds Bradford in October to fly 18/07 but they have changed the flight time from 15.35 to 11.00 and they are offering to refund me, the flights are now 75 euros cheaper, would I be justified in cancelling them and rebooking at the cheaper rate
    Yes. The refund might be slow coming through but will arrive. Don't hold fire on rebooking.
    I also booked transfers with them and they have changed the transfer company and I'm not sure if the transfer is still valid.
    No idea.
  • I just booked a flight from Edinburgh to Billund Denmark and paid 145 pounds via skyscanner uk.
    I now discover the same flight is 35 pound cheaper if using skyscannerdansk and paying in danish krone. I have no problem paying in Krone since I have a debit card with zero conversation or transaction fees. One thing that did worry me was that the ticket might be printed in Danish - would that be a problem for UK airport staff . Does anyone have any experience or advice about buying flights this way.??
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback