Toto Energy gone bust!

Superscrooge
Superscrooge Posts: 1,171 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
Not having much luck with my energy supply!

I was a customer of Solarplicity.

When Solarplicity went bust I was transferred to Toto and now I hear they have gone bust as well!

Comments

• smipsy
    smipsy Posts: 203 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Sigh. This is a second time for me too. I was with GB Energy when they went bust, and now with Toto.

I know my credit is protected and stuff, but I will be moving soon, so I have no idea how I'm supposed to deal with energy suppliers since I can't actually change my address with Toto, and a new supplier probably won't be in place before I move...
  • mattytun
    mattytun Posts: 13,920 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Xmas Saver! Savvy Shopper! Energy Saving Champion
    edited 23 October 2019 at 6:15PM
  • RelievedSheff
    RelievedSheff Posts: 11,297 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    This is why we prefer to stick with the big 6 energy companies.

We may pay a little extra per month (and we don't use a lot of energy so it will only be a bit extra per month) but we know that they are not going to go under mid way through our contract!
  • Michaelw
    Michaelw Posts: 296 Forumite
    This is why we prefer to stick with the big 6 energy companies.

We may pay a little extra per month (and we don't use a lot of energy so it will only be a bit extra per month) but we know that they are not going to go under mid way through our contract!

I agree and was with Toto for a period of time just before the end of Ebico/SSE which was for me the best at the time of the smaller suppliers.Toto customer service wasn't good I found but thought being a new company setting up but that wasn't the case,although cheaper the Ebico I tried to revert back but that partnership ended and those zero tarrif standing charge ended soon after from both suppliers.

With the complexity of smart meter's and need to have a good service for maintenance in place I stayed with British Gas.
  • Michaelw
    Michaelw Posts: 296 Forumite
    Its what the Express has placed on their wesite.

“Toto Energy, an energy supplier with around 134,000 domestic customers has ceased to trade.” These customers could be left without gas or electricity.

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/life/1194735/toto-energy-bust-gas-electricity-ofgem-latest-news

Both technically possible with a smart meter.
  • Jakubk
    Jakubk Posts: 127 Forumite
    edited 23 October 2019 at 9:48PM
    I can't believe this, Solarplicity screwed us by changing Tariffs without notice and invalidly hiking the price before selling our data to Toto Energy.

Then Toto screwed us by charging even more than the invalid hike that Solarplicity tried to impose, despite a promise on their website that we would pay the same as we were at Solarplicity.

Between the two a credit of over £150 went missing, Toto said I have to talk to the Administrators.

The readings Toto had were too high so the bills were invalid but I paid the first one despite mistake as I hate owing money.

Finally I found another supplier and started the process to transfer away, then Toto objected on Gas but I got them to lift the objection, then they objected on the Electricity but I managed to get that lifted.

I am supposed to move to new supplier at beginning of November, I am halfway through the cooling off period.

The Toto website says if I have started it will proceed, UNLESS THEY OBJECT, I have the letter accepting loss of account but who know where I will end up or whether I will get the credit that Solarplicity seem to have gobbled up (I was paying them 3 months at a time but I paid 4 months because they were such a PINA.

I will never allow an energy company to owe me money again, what a total con.

OFGEM have a lot to answer for.
  • Jakubk
    Toto say on their website

I’m already switching, what happens to me?

If you’re currently in the process of switching away from TOTO, that process will continue, you don’t need to do anything. If there’s an objection (for example due to debt) then you will stay with TOTO, join the new supplier after the SOLR process and then be able to settle your account and apply to move after that.

If you’re currently in the process of switching to TOTO and you have received this email you will become a customer of the company that is successful with their SOLR application.

MSE says

If you are in the process of switching away to Toto Energy, it will also continue but you will end up being switched to whichever supplier takes over Toto Energy's customers.

I hope MSE is wrong!
  • Streaky_Bacon
    Streaky_Bacon Posts: 656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 23 October 2019 at 10:41PM
    Jakubk wrote: »
    Toto say on their website

I’m already switching, what happens to me?

If you’re currently in the process of switching away from TOTO, that process will continue, you don’t need to do anything. If there’s an objection (for example due to debt) then you will stay with TOTO, join the new supplier after the SOLR process and then be able to settle your account and apply to move after that.

If you’re currently in the process of switching to TOTO and you have received this email you will become a customer of the company that is successful with their SOLR application.

MSE says

If you are in the process of switching away to Toto Energy, it will also continue but you will end up being switched to whichever supplier takes over Toto Energy's customers.

I hope MSE is wrong!

Might be past my bedtime, but they are saying the same thing aren't they?

They say "away to Toto" but that seems to be a typo (or just awkward grammar) and should read "to Toto" (switching "away from" having been mentioned in the previous sentence).
    If you’re currently in the process of switching away from Toto Energy, that process will continue - you don’t need to do anything.
  • FreeBear
    FreeBear Posts: 14,599 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Well, at least there is some good news. WAHOO.

Just need to sort out their A1 !!!! ups with billing, incorrect gas meter details on the national database, and compensation owed for frustrating nine (or is it ten) failed switches. By my reckoning, I owe about £180 to them (less any compensation), but I won't be rushing to pay it off any time soon.
    Her courage will change the world.

Treasure the moments that you have. Savour them for as long as you can for they will never come back again.
  • Jakubk
    Thanks for that, blonde moment on my part.
    Might be past my bedtime, but they are saying the same thing aren't they?

They say "away to Toto" but that seems to be a typo (or just awkward grammar) and should read "to Toto" (switching "away from" having been mentioned in the previous sentence).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure