Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Aubrey Thicket
    • By Aubrey Thicket 14th Jun 19, 2:56 PM
    • 287Posts
    • 81Thanks
    Aubrey Thicket
    Help! We have no TV or WiFi at home. How can I download music playlists to listen to later?
    • 14th Jun 19, 2:56 PM
    Help! We have no TV or WiFi at home. How can I download music playlists to listen to later? 14th Jun 19 at 2:56 PM
    Hi all

Itís Friday afternoon and my wife and I have just booked into a lovely country cottage. I have to say we did not read the description very well on AirBNB and it now transpires that we have no TV and no Wi-Fi in our property. To be fair this is our fault and not fault of the property because it does say at the bottom of the listing that this is a country retreat away from a technology to be fair this is our fault and not fault of the property because it does say at the bottom of the listing that this is a country retreat away from technology. The problem is that we didnít read this bit. Anyway on to our Cottage. The cottage is beautiful but being from a major city I think we will pull our hair out if we donít get a fix of technology back at the cottage later. There are a couple of country pubs close by that offer Wi-Fi so we are able to download films music and videos etc to our iphones . So I am writing this post for some information how I can download some music whilst we are out for later on when we get back to the cottage tonight because I will not be able to go on YouTube because there is no decent phone signal. So my wife and I really love 80s and 90s music and I am looking for you guys to suggest some way that we can download Lots of music songs from this era to Our phones for us to
    Listen to tonight. . I am aware that there are podcasts out there but to be honest we have always been lazy and never had to download a podcast so we donít really know what we are doing. With this in mind we would be very grateful if you guys would give us some hints and tips on how we can download certain radio shows our playlist with lots of music. We plan to download them to our iPhones and then hopefully listen to them back on the iPhone when we get back to our cottage later.

I know that some of you guys out there will be splitting your sides laughing at this and pointing out that you pointed out years ago we are too reliant on technology. lol and behold The wife and I may be even forced to have a normal conversation lasting more than three minutes
Page 1
    • EveryWhere
    • By EveryWhere 14th Jun 19, 3:06 PM
    • 2,954 Posts
    • 1,483 Thanks
    EveryWhere
    • 14th Jun 19, 3:06 PM
    • 14th Jun 19, 3:06 PM
    You do know that people listened to different kinds of music in the eighties and nineties, don't you?
    • Aubrey Thicket
    • By Aubrey Thicket 14th Jun 19, 3:28 PM
    • 287 Posts
    • 81 Thanks
    Aubrey Thicket
    • 14th Jun 19, 3:28 PM
    Ha ha please
    • 14th Jun 19, 3:28 PM
    Come on. No jokes. Itís getting dark and me n the missus are going to end up having a sensible conversation. NOT good. Lol.
    • dan958
    • By dan958 14th Jun 19, 3:39 PM
    • 306 Posts
    • 538 Thanks
    dan958
    • 14th Jun 19, 3:39 PM
    • 14th Jun 19, 3:39 PM
    You can either buy the music online, with whatever services allow you to do this still.
    You can get spotify premium and then download the music offline, this requires a subscription.

Once the music is on your phone, either listen through the tinny speakers, or get some bluetooth speakers.

If you want podcasts, you need to be able to download the file - this will depend on if the podcast creater allows you to do this.
    • Jox
    • By Jox 14th Jun 19, 3:45 PM
    • 1,455 Posts
    • 2,970 Thanks
    Jox
    • 14th Jun 19, 3:45 PM
    • 14th Jun 19, 3:45 PM
    Download a radio app on your phone and listen to music that way?
    • 8ofspades
    • By 8ofspades 14th Jun 19, 3:47 PM
    • 134 Posts
    • 142 Thanks
    8ofspades
    • 14th Jun 19, 3:47 PM
    • 14th Jun 19, 3:47 PM
    What about one of the music streaming services? Many offer a month's free trial, so time it right and you can get it for free. Create your playlist of music, then set it to download so you can listen offline when you have wifi. I've tried Deezer, Spotify or Tidal. Most of them have preset playlists or compilation albums you can download, if you don't fancy searching for songs individually.
    • EveryWhere
    • By EveryWhere 14th Jun 19, 3:58 PM
    • 2,954 Posts
    • 1,483 Thanks
    EveryWhere
    • 14th Jun 19, 3:58 PM
    • 14th Jun 19, 3:58 PM
    Come on. No jokes. Itís getting dark and me n the missus are going to end up having a sensible conversation. NOT good. Lol.
    Originally posted by Aubrey Thicket
    Wasn't joking. Meant for you to be more specific. Some people were listening to rock. Some to pop. Some to Jazz...
    What kind of films? Comedy? Horror?
    • danthemoneysavingman
    • By danthemoneysavingman 14th Jun 19, 4:52 PM
    • 1,289 Posts
    • 539 Thanks
    danthemoneysavingman
    • 14th Jun 19, 4:52 PM
    • 14th Jun 19, 4:52 PM
    Get a spotify free trial, get app on your phone, build a playlist of what you want listen to (search for such and make a playlist, add to it.
    Then set the playlist to download.
    then you have the music at your disposal.
    cancel the trial at your leisure after your break

as for films, what would you be watching them on? seems like a poor choice if on your smartphone!
    Let me Google that for you...
    • Blackbeard of Perranporth
    • By Blackbeard of Perranporth 14th Jun 19, 6:42 PM
    • 6,369 Posts
    • 37,180 Thanks
    Blackbeard of Perranporth
    • 14th Jun 19, 6:42 PM
    • 14th Jun 19, 6:42 PM
    What a fantastic cottage, just do without the carp for the weekend!
    Cardiac Arrest - Electrical - Patient unconscious! Heart Attack - Plumbing - Patient conscious!
    Defibrillators Cannot Cure a Heart Attack!
    • Inner Zone
    • By Inner Zone 14th Jun 19, 7:32 PM
    • 2,663 Posts
    • 1,603 Thanks
    Inner Zone
    Hi all

Itís Friday afternoon and my wife and I have just booked into a lovely country cottage. I have to say we did not read the description very well on AirBNB and it now transpires that we have no TV and no Wi-Fi in our property. To be fair this is our fault and not fault of the property because it does say at the bottom of the listing that this is a country retreat away from a technology to be fair this is our fault and not fault of the property because it does say at the bottom of the listing that this is a country retreat away from technology. The problem is that we didnít read this bit. Anyway on to our Cottage. The cottage is beautiful but being from a major city I think we will pull our hair out if we donít get a fix of technology back at the cottage later. There are a couple of country pubs close by that offer Wi-Fi so we are able to download films music and videos etc to our iphones . So I am writing this post for some information how I can download some music whilst we are out for later on when we get back to the cottage tonight because I will not be able to go on YouTube because there is no decent phone signal. So my wife and I really love 80s and 90s music and I am looking for you guys to suggest some way that we can download Lots of music songs from this era to Our phones for us to
    Listen to tonight. . I am aware that there are podcasts out there but to be honest we have always been lazy and never had to download a podcast so we donít really know what we are doing. With this in mind we would be very grateful if you guys would give us some hints and tips on how we can download certain radio shows our playlist with lots of music. We plan to download them to our iPhones and then hopefully listen to them back on the iPhone when we get back to our cottage later.

I know that some of you guys out there will be splitting your sides laughing at this and pointing out that you pointed out years ago we are too reliant on technology. lol and behold The wife and I may be even forced to have a normal conversation lasting more than three minutes
    Originally posted by Aubrey Thicket

Well that's in stereo!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

121Posts Today

2,127Users online

Martin's Twitter