Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    • Thanks4Help
    • By Thanks4Help 13th Jun 19, 11:17 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    What I should I be informing HMRC?
    • #1
    • 13th Jun 19, 11:17 AM
    What I should I be informing HMRC? 13th Jun 19 at 11:17 AM
    My partner has just got approval for sabbatical for an year from a public sector organisation. She wants to move to her home country in Asia and does not want to return after an year. But, just in case if there are unforeseen issues that forces her come back , she may return to UK.
    This being the situation, how and what should we inform the HMRC, local council, and UK banks etc.?
    Can we say she is not coming back for now and then eventually if she comes back inform them? We understand we may have to pay back some tax exemption or anything we get may have to be paid back? Will there be penalty for this?
    Please help. Thank you.
Page 1
    • 00ec25
    • By 00ec25 13th Jun 19, 7:37 PM
    • 8,689 Posts
    • 8,607 Thanks
    • #2
    • 13th Jun 19, 7:37 PM
    • #2
    • 13th Jun 19, 7:37 PM
    there are key websites that list the facts you need to read,
    .Gov being the obvious start point
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

64Posts Today

2,356Users online

Martin's Twitter