car insurance company complaint

Options
Hi all,

My sister took our car insurance with Fresh.co.uk in Dec. She used my card as hers had been lost and therefore her account frozen. When she called up to change details in February, she also added her card details to their records and asked them to remove mine. From this situation arises two mistakes on the company's behalf:
1) They never updated her car details - she was driving around technically 'uninsured' for months before she noticed their mistake.
2) They recently refunded her a small amount of the money to my bank card, which should no longer be stored on their databases. As far as I am aware, this is a breach of GDPR.

I was wondering what leg we stand on to make a formal complaint to both the company and the Financial Ombudsman, and if anyone knows what the best outcome for us would be.

Many thanks!

Comments

• FutureGirl
    FutureGirl Posts: 1,252 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If you want to complain, you complain to the insurer. You have to wait for their final response (which can be up to 8 weeks) and once you have their final response you then have 6 months to go to the FOS.

Usually companies process a refund onto the card the payment was taken from.

What outcome do you want?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport