natwest isa 7.32%

1424344454648»

Comments

• xandertarr
    xandertarr Posts: 10 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I wonder if it is now worth transfering to NatWest's e-ISA? The rate seems to be higher for all the tiers under £27k compared to the Cash ISA (even including the bonus), or is the 2% bonus (if you applied at the right time) a better bet against future rate changes?
  • Any
    Any Posts: 7,944 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Has anyone had the experience of transfering an ISA from A&L to NatWest?

The NatWest Transfer form only allows an 8 digit account number, but the A&L account number has 11 digits! There doesn't seem to be anyway around this as you complete the form electronically and then print it out.

Thanks.

Are you sure that is not just a reference number? I know my friend has a bank account that is complicated: she has to put 6 zeros into a/c number and then quote that 11 digit into "reference" part. But that is bank account.
  • Any wrote: »
    Are you sure that is not just a reference number? I know my friend has a bank account that is complicated: she has to put 6 zeros into a/c number and then quote that 11 digit into "reference" part. But that is bank account.

Yes, when paying into the A&L ISA you use 00000000 as the account number and the ISA number as the ref, but on the NATWEST form theres no place for a reference number so I can't imagine the 00000000 a/c number would suffice on its own?

I'm pertrified of NatWest mucking up the transfer as I have had MAJOR problems with them before!! but they are offering the best deal at the moment :(
  • Kavanne
    Kavanne Posts: 5,093 Forumite

The NatWest Transfer form only allows an 8 digit account number, but the A&L account number has 11 digits! There doesn't seem to be anyway around this as you complete the form electronically and then print it out.

Thanks.
    put as many digits in on the form as it will let you type and then add the rest in black ink once you've printed it off.
    Kavanne
    Nuns! Nuns! Reverse!

'I do my job, do you do yours?'

• Jon_P_2
    Jon_P_2 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Yes, when paying into the A&L ISA you use 00000000 as the account number and the ISA number as the ref, but on the NATWEST form theres no place for a reference number so I can't imagine the 00000000 a/c number would suffice on its own?

I'm pertrified of NatWest mucking up the transfer as I have had MAJOR problems with them before!! but they are offering the best deal at the moment :(
    My girlfriend had the same problem as Natwest expect to be transferring from a traditional "bank" account that uses sort code and account numbers for each customer, not from a bank that uses a generic sort code and account number for everyone and uses a reference to determine where the money actually gets paid!
    We used the 00000000 account method and gave the sort code listed on the A&L website for sending payments into their e-ISA. We then just hand wrote the reference on the application and posted it off to Natwest (this is what the lady at our Natwest branch said they did for people applying in branch!).
    Natwest sent the application back about 2 weeks ago saying that we hadn't opened an e-ISA to transfer the A&L ISA into, so we've done that now and are just waiting for the A&L ISA to transfer accross.

Good luck!
  • Jazzy_B
    Jazzy_B Posts: 1,810 Forumite
    I did the same as JonP and had no problems
  • Jon_P wrote: »
    My girlfriend had the same problem as Natwest expect to be transferring from a traditional "bank" account that uses sort code and account numbers for each customer, not from a bank that uses a generic sort code and account number for everyone and uses a reference to determine where the money actually gets paid!
    We used the 00000000 account method and gave the sort code listed on the A&L website for sending payments into their e-ISA. We then just hand wrote the reference on the application and posted it off to Natwest (this is what the lady at our Natwest branch said they did for people applying in branch!).
    Natwest sent the application back about 2 weeks ago saying that we hadn't opened an e-ISA to transfer the A&L ISA into, so we've done that now and are just waiting for the A&L ISA to transfer accross.

Good luck!

Many thanks for the info. :beer:
  • sorcerer
    sorcerer Posts: 878 Forumite

Thanks.

I did A&L to RBS which is essentialy the same thing, and yes RBS did look at me a bit strange when I gave them A&L stupid account number, but it all seemed to go ok, but from the RBS branch.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure