The Final Countdown

Comments

• This sounds like an exciting journey. Subscribing for the ride.

Now, my question is are the 17
    Sewing machines all !!!8216;modern!!!8217; ones or a range of foot pendant powered classics?
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • Tahlullah
    Tahlullah Posts: 1,086 Forumite
    Hi Tootallulah, wishing you all the best and watching in awe. Willing you on to success!

Tx
    Still striving to be mortgage free before I get to a point I can't enjoy it.

Owed at the end of -
    02/19 - £78,400. 04/19 - £85,000. 05/19 - £83,300. 06/19 - £78,900.
    07/19 - £77,500. 08/19 - £76,000.
  • tootallulah
    tootallulah Posts: 2,197 Forumite
    This sounds like an exciting journey. Subscribing for the ride.

Now, my question is are the 17
    Sewing machines all !!!8216;modern!!!8217; ones or a range of foot pendant powered classics?

Hmmm - 4 Singer Featherweights, 9 Elna TSP, 3 Jones and one Necchi. One Featherweight has no foot pedal and one has a cracked foot pedal so they may have to go as spares or repair. I like the mechanical small machines but if I see a bargain I will get it so long as it's not a computerised model.
  • Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Forumite
    Hello again, good luck with your plans
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,113
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Hi toots, good to see you back. So close to mortgage freedom now.
    Mar 2024 - part 1 - £31,656 part 2 - £25,019 Total - £56,675 44 months to go!
  • Hmmm - 4 Singer Featherweights, 9 Elna TSP, 3 Jones and one Necchi. One Featherweight has no foot pedal and one has a cracked foot pedal so they may have to go as spares or repair. I like the mechanical small machines but if I see a bargain I will get it so long as it's not a computerised model.

That does sound like a collection. I’m assuming you are a more professional seeer than I.

I have a single Janome, non computerised machine that I use for sewing straight line items only, curtains, notebook covers cushion covers and the odd playmat are the limit to my makes.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • tootallulah
    On a whim I have just counted 2 years worth of £2 coins - £698 very pleasant surprise, I will round it up to £700 and make my first extra payment of this month. I need to find another £800 to reach my target. I have a couple of offers on EBay which will help.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,805
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Good news on the £2 coins.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Yay! Toots - you have a new diary! *subscribes*

Am also mentally singing 'It's the final countdown' in my rather tone deaf way, so just imagining me and Courgette making a racket in the corner :D

Best of luck - so in awe of your financial achievements so far, three homes, a side hustle, pension and well paid contract work.

I have a box of junk to put on fleabay too. How about if we make a deal to match each other on our listings?
    Mortgage [STRIKE]16/03/2011: £190K 01/01/2017: £107,729.65 [/STRIKE] 01/07/2017: £95,979.89
    OPs 2011-2016 = £45K 2017 OPs = £9250.20
  • tootallulah
    Yes MW I am not working at my main job on Friday so it is photoing and listing day - you are on. I have had a few days in Spain staying with friends it was absolutely lovely, 3 clear, warm days and one a bit cloudy. I paddled in the sea and spent quite a bit of time in the hot tub - more of this would be good. I am currently running at an extra £780 this month, I need to get to at least £1,500 to be on track. One of my tenants has asked for a two year contract and offered to pay 6 months rent at a time as a quid pro quo, this looks good to me anyone got any thoughts?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure