Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    edited 15 March 2018 at 8:44AM
    Anon wrote: »
    So it looks like we are really doing this ...

BeeTee are installing this morning, so should at least have bb again :).

We have a master socket by the door that we have never really used since moving in - when they install would they install a socket behind the tv where the router needs to sit? Is that included in a free install or does their system show we have a socket/line so we have to use the existing one? If they do include install will they run a cable round the outside or skirting board inside? And leave all my V M cabling alone (as I may need that again)?

Finally, if we decide within 14 days this service is not for us, will I be hit with a bill for the install (upfront cost was £9.99 for delivery and activation, but no mention of a phone line charge?).

Sorry for the questions, as you know I have had an epic fail on the cancel and renegotiate technique :o.

"I'm leaving" I said ... "Bye then" replied V M :(.

Many thanks

Anon

Bit difficult to answer this, different engineers do different things, but if you ask the engineer nicely he might put in a new box for you, if that is the case he should put it where you ask.

If he cannot do that it would be really easy to get a local engineer in to run an extension in, search for independent telephone engineers.

As for where they would run the cable, I would expect them to run it outside, unless it is not accessible, in which case it would be inside, probably around the skirting as you say, though if we were to run internal cable we try to put it under the outside edge of any carpets.

Basically, offer the engineer a cuppa and have a quick chat, if you don't ask you don't get, and bear in mind he has been given a set amount of time for your job.

As for charge if you leave, check in the very small print, I honestly do not know, but if there is one expect it to be around £130.

All this is educated guesswork from what we have seen.
    mhoc wrote: »
    Please can I ask what is a good price for a
    San Disk Ultra SDHC 8GB

We were collecting the Boots order this afternoon and OH spotted this on the clearance section for £5. I had a till spit - spend £4 get 200 points so it seemed reasonable.

When we went through the till another till spit came out - another spend £4 get 200 points with a mid April date :D

The micellar water is fab, think I will order some more. Ive got a clear plastic bottle with pump I'll decant them into for easy dispensing.

Incidentally having waited until Monday the promised 250 points Boots customer service team would go on overnight but didnt. TO compensate the chap put 500 points on my account instead :)

I would rate that as no more than average price, I tend to get any memory cards from 7dayshop.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • Good morning....It's a bit soggy out....

Have a puncture from a pot hole episode yesterday...:mad:...Don my wet gear and go change it....
    [STRIKE]68 [STRIKE]Mouses[/STRIKE] [/STRIKE]

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    :)

Mrs 'Savage' opposite has been outside shouting at all her neighbours that someone has stolen her cat :eek:
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    mrs_lds wrote: »
    Are there any non alcoholic wines in glitch?

500ml bottles of water 10p in Pounstretcher at the moment? :D
    Purchased yesterday, they were ood though! :rotfl:
    I may go back for more.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Forumite
    :beer:Morning guys

Been a while since I've posted. I'm okay and taking it day by day in my recovery. Only issue is I can't put weight on for the life of me regardless of what I eat.

Anyway just thought I'd mention that there are brewdog beers reduced in store Asda branches.

Hope this helps the craft beer drinkers amongst us :beer:

Good to see you back NG :D

Have you tried protein drinks? Sounds like you may well have done.
    Snap-ant wrote: »
    :)

Mrs 'Savage' opposite has been outside shouting at all her neighbours that someone has stolen her cat :eek:

Poor thing has probably run away, can imagine it with it's little bag hung from a pole, desperately trying to catch a bus.
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Good morning....It's a bit soggy out....

Have a puncture from a pot hole episode yesterday...:mad:...Don my wet gear and go change it....

That's annoying marmie.
    The roads are terrible around here, motorists dodging the holes making very dangerous driving.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Forumite
    curl_girl wrote: »
    That's annoying marmie.
    The roads are terrible around here, motorists dodging the holes making very dangerous driving.

Terrible around here too, and some of the potholes are in the cycling line and about 4 inches deep :eek: Seriously would not suggest cycling up that road without knowing it well :eek: That is a Surrey road.

Funny thing is, another road I travel on is a Hampshire road and very few potholes.
  • Chieveley
    Chieveley Posts: 415
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    We haven't heard from Chievely since her op on Friday....I hope all is well?:A

I got bumped, no bed rebooked for next month, thank you for remembering :)
  • chandlerscroft
    chandlerscroft Posts: 2,736 Forumite
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Thank you my friend.....get it?:D

E5_D97_AD2-_F46_F-474_C-829_C-98_D5398_B8_A16.jpg

Brilliant your on the ball this morning, Chandler from friends lol
  • Westvleteren
    Westvleteren Posts: 4,489 Forumite
    curl_girl wrote: »
    That's annoying marmie.

Sticker for cars
    s-l300.jpg
    Something unexpected happened which made me smile and still continues to make me smile.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure