Sainsburys online glitch - please read!

I do my weekly shop online at Sainsbury's and regularly get vouchers from them. If you place an order and include your vouchers its all fine. However, if you amend the order and checkout... your vouchers disappear due to a computer glitch... no longer on your order and not available to re-add.

I checked and quite a few of mine went missing (one worth £12.90). I called them and they said it was a known problem and they have issued me new vouchers and a goodwill gesture.

If you shop online with Sainsburys then please check. I found checking my emails the easiest way but you could also call their Customer Care Team on 0800 328 1700. Hope this information helps somebody

Comments

• agatham
    agatham Posts: 30 Forumite
    Thankfully I dont shop online for groceries. I enjoy the process of going to the supermarket and buy my stuffs.
  • do they have a customer service email?
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,890 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    do they have a customer service email?

Yes they do.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • What is it please? Why do most companies insist you phone them rather than email?
  • sarah1972
    What is it please? Why do most companies insist you phone them rather than email?

Calling is much quicker and you get a decision there and then, I prefer to call personally.

There is also Live chat on the bottom of this page as well as an email https://help.sainsburys.co.uk/help/contact_us
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Suppose you're right - I'm just a bit shy when it comes to picking up the phone :-)
  • Thanks for your help anyway
  • sarah1972
    Suppose you're right - I'm just a bit shy when it comes to picking up the phone :-)

Go with the live chat at the bottom right of the screen and that way you dont have to speak to them but are still in contact with a human if you know what I mean.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure