PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Christmas 16 mega index/christmas chat!!!

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Debenhams actually have a Christmas Tree just inside the entrance to the shop, it's advertising Christmas job vacancies. My chin must have been on the floor before I read the notices!!!
  • sillyvixen
    sillyvixen Posts: 3,615 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Need to go through my Christmas box and check I have enough bits for my cousin and family, and another cousin and hubby... I can use leftover wrap for their presents. My hubby will sort out his side of the family - leaving me with hubby, dad and brother. Have a few ideas for stockings .. I love stockings, a few random bits that people don't expect, but are a surprise.
    Dogs return to eat their vomit, just as fools repeat their foolishness. There is no more hope for a fool than for someone who says, "i am really clever!"
  • sillyvixen
    sillyvixen Posts: 3,615 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just remembered I need birthday pressie for dad a week before Christmas ... time too look for decent whisky in offer and nearer the time bake a cake. Also all stockings will contain Christmas themed home made shortbread - usually marked Christmas eve evening and wrapped in the early hours when they are cool. I would like a steam train cookie cutter (dad fires steam trains) if anyone has any ideas where I could get one.
    Dogs return to eat their vomit, just as fools repeat their foolishness. There is no more hope for a fool than for someone who says, "i am really clever!"
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    SILLYVIXEN found one at this website and as my grandson is steam train mad am going to order one for me too, thanks!

kitchenscookshop.co.uk it's DEXHAM TRAIN COOKIE CUTTER and costs 95p.

Hope that helps, Lyn xxx.
  • crazy-cat-lady_2
    Options
    SILLYVIXEN found one at this website and as my grandson is steam train mad am going to order one for me too, thanks!

kitchenscookshop.co.uk it's DEXHAM TRAIN COOKIE CUTTER and costs 95p.

Hope that helps, Lyn xxx.

Also..sadly costs a bit more but you could probably pick one up cheap on Amazon or eBay. Lakeland last year had a mould for melted chocolate in the shape of a big 3D steam train. Melt the chocolate, pour it in and when it's set, use a tiny bit more melted to fix the four sides and front and back on. It looked amazing.
    Book a week challenge: 11/52. Competitions won in 2021: 12
  • Handbag59
    Options
    Merry Christmas Everyone :)

I am a Christmasaholic, I love everything about it and I don't think I actually stop planning for it all year!

I like to make things and always have a few plans that never get done before the big day so this year I decided to make a list of the projects I wanted to make. With the help of Pinterest the list kept growing and now I have set myself a challenge of 50 makes for Christmas! It sounds more scary than it is, most are very simple and I have tried to keep costs down by using up things I already have in.

I have completed the first ten makes, they range from making cushion covers out of tea towels to wrapping tea lights with washi tape. I have written about them on my blog snadralovesblogging (sorry i can't post a link as I am classed as a newbie)
  • Handbag59
    Options
    Oh forgot to say the today Channel 5 are running "made for TV" Christmas movies :)
  • Happytravelling
    Options
    I'm not prepping yet, but I am trying to sow the seeds of 'I've been decluttering, I don't want the house filled with stuff', although a little more subtly. I have tried suggesting, with both sets of families, that we cut back on gifts in some way, shape or form, but everyone insists on continuing with everyone buying everyone at least one present. To be honest, I'm more than happy to buy gifts for people, I just don't need anything nor do I want a lot, so people do their best to choose something that I only use to make sure I've used it, IYSWIM.

I don't mean to be a misery guts, I'd just like the buying scaled down...a lot!

Last year, I made a Christmas quiz which took longer than I imagined (I try and tailor it to the interests/ knowledge of everyone so its not too easy or hard) and my family have requested one again this year, so I'll probably try and get on top of it October time.

Other than that, to me, Christmas means board games, so as long as I have one to play (doesn't have to be one I own) and people to play with, I'm happy :)
    August 2016 GC £249.70/£150
    July 2016 GC £114.03/ £120
    June 2016 GC
    £170.09/ £175
  • mickey54
    mickey54 Posts: 383 Forumite
    edited 21 August 2016 at 6:38PM
    Options
    sillyvixen wrote: »
    Just remembered I need birthday pressie for dad a week before Christmas ... time too look for decent whisky in offer and nearer the time bake a cake. Also all stockings will contain Christmas themed home made shortbread - usually marked Christmas eve evening and wrapped in the early hours when they are cool. I would like a steam train cookie cutter (dad fires steam trains) if anyone has any ideas where I could get one.

https://www.kitchenscookshop.co.uk/kitchenware/dexam-train-cookie-cutter

have a look at above.
  • mickey54
    mickey54 Posts: 383 Forumite
    edited 21 August 2016 at 6:39PM
    Options
    Edit to remove
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing