The 'No More Buying DVDs Until I Have Watched the Ones I Already Own' Thread

Comments

• blindtoast
    blindtoast Posts: 447 Forumite
    Finished S5 of Dexter - brilliant series - probably one of my favourites so far.

I bought S2 of Castle so will start to watch that soon - S1 only took about a week to watch so although S2 is a bit longer it's a series that once I start is quite addictive!
    No more buying books Books in 2016 = 20.
    Target for 2018 = 7/21
    No more buying DVDs ? 2018 target 27/52

Sealed pot challenge member #1733
  • blindtoast
    Been a bit poor at watching dvd's lately - tho i did catch up on weeks of tv! I've also been taken over by Olympics fever!!

However I did finish "Studio 60 on the sunset strip" yesterday - was brilliant - just wish there was another series to watch!
    Target for 2018 = 7/21

• InaPickle
    InaPickle Posts: 5,968 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I watched 'The Happening' by M Night Shyamalan. It wasn't on DVD, but I'm still counting it! :p;)
    Please call me 'Pickle'
    No More Buying Books: ???
    No More Buying DVDs: ???
    NMB Toiletries ??? and I've gone back for my Masters at the University of Use Ups!
    P
    roud to be dealing with her debts 1198~

• blindtoast
    My DVD watching has taken a massive hit due to the Olympics - who knew showjumping, diving and handball were so exciting!

I have to confess that I've bought 3 new DVDs tho (possibly 4 as Castle S3 is on pre order but I have no idea when thats due out - some time this month I think). Dexter S6, The Family Man and Framed. Dexter and the Family Man were bargains (thanks ebay!)

It would have been more but S2 of White Collar which I've had on preorder for about 6 months and was due out at the end of July has had it's release date put back to next year now - grrr!
    Target for 2018 = 7/21

• Giggles86
    Giggles86 Posts: 526 Forumite
    Can I join in? I'm not sure whether I have more unread books or unwatched DVDs so in a mission not to spend money on exciting nights out, I'm going to have relaxing nights in with one or the other. I think out of my DVD collection I have a good 30 DVDS I've not watched (or fallen asleep watching) but this includes 10 seasons of ER that will take some time to watch. It started as a New Year's Resolution but that fell by the wayside ages ago! Maybe writing it down will help me get on track! I'll count the DVDs when I've worked out which ones I still haven't watched!
    *2014 £365/365days - £52/£365* *20p Savers club #17 £12.00/£50*
    March 2014 NSD 0/15 take lunch to work march 0/21
    sealed Pot Challenge #260
    NMB books: 6/94+ NMB DVDs: 13/67
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but the moments that take your breath away."
  • InaPickle
    InaPickle Posts: 5,968 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    w
    Giggles86 wrote: »
    Can I join in? I'm not sure whether I have more unread books or unwatched DVDs so in a mission not to spend money on exciting nights out, I'm going to have relaxing nights in with one or the other. I think out of my DVD collection I have a good 30 DVDS I've not watched (or fallen asleep watching) but this includes 10 seasons of ER that will take some time to watch. It started as a New Year's Resolution but that fell by the wayside ages ago! Maybe writing it down will help me get on track! I'll count the DVDs when I've worked out which ones I still haven't watched!

Welcome, welcome...hoarders of all things filmy welcome here!

Enjoy getting to grips with your stashes, although be warned, it tends to go through phases...when I'm reading lots, I watch few DVDs and vice versa. (Shame I've been reading more for, ooh, ages! :rotfl:)

P.S. Have watched several of the Harry Potter films again recently, but am not counting them as they were not 'unwatched' to start with.
    Please call me 'Pickle'
    No More Buying Books: ???
    No More Buying DVDs: ???
    NMB Toiletries ??? and I've gone back for my Masters at the University of Use Ups!
    P
    roud to be dealing with her debts 1198~

• Giggles86
    Starting as I mean to go on. I've had Oliver! for ages (I've seen it on TV hundreds of times but not even taken the DVD out of the cellophane!) so I'm going to watch it/sing along while I have a tidying spree this afternoon! Might manage Oklahoma as well which could prove a distraction as it has the lovely Hugh Jackman in it!
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but the moments that take your breath away."
  • Giggles86
    Didn't manage Oklahoma the other day as Oliver! is so much longer than I remember it being!! Doing fairly well with the pile of unwatched DVDS (that I still haven't counted!) as I watched Abduction last night, and I would be watching How Do You Know tonight if I didn't have to get up so early in the morning!
  • blindtoast
    Giggles86 wrote: »
    Didn't manage Oklahoma the other day as Oliver! is so much longer than I remember it being!! Doing fairly well with the pile of unwatched DVDS (that I still haven't counted!) as I watched Abduction last night, and I would be watching How Do You Know tonight if I didn't have to get up so early in the morning!

I have been on this challenge for a few months now and still haven't counted my unwatched DVDs - I just know it's a lot! You are making a good start by the sound of it - is Abduction any good? Is that the one with Taylor Lautner in?
    InaPickle wrote: »
    it tends to go through phases...when I'm reading lots, I watch few DVDs and vice versa

I am just the same - though have found that the Olympics took over both!
    Target for 2018 = 7/21

• Giggles86
    is Abduction any good? Is that the one with Taylor Lautner in?

It was quite good. A lot of action, though it was a bit staged if that makes sense (at some points they looked a bit like Olympic gymnasts leaping over things quite gracefully as they ran away from the bad guys!). It is the one with Taylor Lautner. I had to start with that one really because my brother wants to watch it.
    My boyfriend is coming round tonight for a film evening so might see if I can cross another off, though he did specifically say nothing too girly...he has not seen my DVD collection!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure