Peel Hotel Gold Voucher is Back

Comments

• cagan
    cagan Posts: 149 Forumite
    Anyone know which is the best hotel of the lot to go for, as id like to treat my mum and would like it to be really nice. location doesnt really matter.

I bought one last year for my parents and they went to The George near Oxford. They really enjoyed it and said it was a very charming hotel.
  • kolibri
    kolibri Posts: 471 Forumite
    cagan wrote: »
    I bought one last year for my parents and they went to The George near Oxford. They really enjoyed it and said it was a very charming hotel.
    It's nice to know, thanks! I am staying there with my husband in Jan! :)
  • The one in the lakes is lovely, I stayed there on a course. If I had the money I would be there like a shot!!
    Has anyone seen my last marble:A:A:A:A
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.LZ member Soylent Green Supervisor
  • anj67
    anj67 Posts: 247
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I went to the one in Carlisle with my husband and daughter who was 7 at the time in February half term last year and it was very good value. I gave the gold voucher to my husband for his birthday. I paid an extra £20 per night for my daughter so it came to a total of £159 which was great for 2 breakfasts, 2 evening meals and 2 night's accommodation. We also got a free upgrade to a family room which meant my daughter was in an adjoining room. The hotel had a swimming pool so we made use of that too! I would definitely recommend it for a cheap weekend away :j
  • melb
    melb Posts: 2,873
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    is the carlisle one classed as the Lakes
  • Sally22_2
    Sally22_2 Posts: 677 Forumite
    Hmm might show my partner this, as an early birthday present, my birthday is mid Jan :)
    Slimming World Member - Started 05/02/15

• anj67 wrote: »
    I went to the one in Carlisle with my husband and daughter who was 7 at the time in February half term last year and it was very good value. I gave the gold voucher to my husband for his birthday. I paid an extra £20 per night for my daughter so it came to a total of £159 which was great for 2 breakfasts, 2 evening meals and 2 night's accommodation. We also got a free upgrade to a family room which meant my daughter was in an adjoining room. The hotel had a swimming pool so we made use of that too! I would definitely recommend it for a cheap weekend away :j

we went to this one last jan for my birthday . the room was the smallest i have ever stayed in . our window wouldnt close , the bathroom was so small you had to go down the side of the toilet to shut the door . there was stains on the carpet and a feeling of a bit run down.
    there was broken windows along the hall way.

when we went to breakfast we stood to be seated (there was a please wait sign) and the staff totally ignored us . after 10 mins we end up just finding a clean table for ourselves. its a buffet breakfast so you just help yourself , which im glad it was , as most of the time there was no-one about .

the good points about the hotel is its bang in the middle of town, walk out the front doors and your in the high street.
    i did really enjoy the food and the prices for drinks werent that bad.

if i had paid the going rate for the hotel i would of been so disappointed .

for £99 for 2 with dinner it is a bargain but i dont think i would go back to this one again.
  • I stayed at the Peterborough Hotel, The Bull - it was lovely, we had an executive room. The breakfast was good, half and half, half you helped yourself to the other half you ordered (cooked breakfast). The dinner on both nights was gorgeous - I would recommend this hotel. Really would love to take this offer up again but not much fun on your own!!!!
  • Finch7
    Finch7 Posts: 1,428
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I have used this deal quite a few times (multiple times a year!) I have stayed in Leeds and Newcastle which were both great but the Nottingham one I wasn't overjoyed with but that was because the room stunk of smoke and it was full of stag/hens.
  • anj67
    anj67 Posts: 247
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    The one in Carlisle is called the Crown & Mitre and is right in the city centre so great location. :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure