Add your feedback on energy supplier Eversmart Energy

Options

Comments

• S0litaire
    S0litaire Posts: 3,535 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Has anyone else got the variable tariff changing email? I'm on Goodbye Standing Charge tariff and they're adding 30p standing charges! Pathetic. I'm on pre-payment meter, anyone else been looking around for cheaper? USwitch, MSE etc seem to have the old prices when doing comparisons...

Yup i got one last week. very annoyed with it. Switched away as soon as i got it. I just went with Bulb. more expensive but worth it to get away from Eversmart.
    Laters

Sol

"Have you found the secrets of the universe? Asked Zebade "I'm sure I left them here somewhere"
  • JohnB47
    JohnB47 Posts: 2,544 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    matelodave wrote: »
    sorry, missed that.

You'd have thought that transferring basic address data would be automatic but I guess that it's format error between databases.

I think that they simply didn't request changeover of electricity - that's what Octopus said. They just made up that story about the address being different to save face. Someone else has just confirmed that their switch went ahead without a house number being quoted!
  • darkovo
    darkovo Posts: 209 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 17 September 2018 at 1:59PM
    Options
    I've finally had a very brief reply to my email asking them if my Switch did occur on 12th Sep:
    "Good afternoon,

You went live with us on the 12/09 and I have re sent a create an account email for you.

Kind Regards"

Short and sweet! 5 mins later I also got my logon link, have created account and will enter a Reading, of which currently they don't have one showing.
    Hopefully soon Octopus will now be able to send my final bill and refund.

edit: unable to enter my Reading, just get error, I've replied to them with correct reading today, will have to see what readings get posted from Octopus and Eversmart n the future.
  • Mister_G
    Mister_G Posts: 1,926 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    darkovo wrote: »
    I've finally had a very brief reply to my email asking them if my Switch did occur on 12th Sep:
    "Good afternoon,

You went live with us on the 12/09 and I have re sent a create an account email for you.

Kind Regards"

Short and sweet! 5 mins later I also got my logon link, have created account and will enter a Reading, of which currently they don't have one showing.
    Hopefully soon Octopus will now be able to send my final bill and refund.

edit: unable to enter my Reading, just get error, I've replied to them with correct reading today, will have to see what readings get posted from Octopus and Eversmart n the future.

Yes, I just had exactly the same. Email received, account set up, but would not allow me to enter a meter reading. Perhaps it takes a little while to sort itself out.

I'll try again tomorrow.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    None of us have been able to enter meter readings, it's a fault on their website.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Options
    I might be really dumb but my account is showing a minus amount, does that mean im actually in credit , if you read my billow it should be + not - ?

Your Electricity and Gas Statement
    Billing Period: 10/05/2018 - 07/06/2018
    Account Overview:
    Previous balance
    Payments received
    £91.55
    Electricity charges
    £53.04
    Gas charges
    £18.87
    New balance
  • TangoGolf
    Options
    Is there a general consensus about the best way to send them a meter read if the website doesn't work. Does phone, sms, or email seem to work best? Any experiences?
  • PennineAcute
    Options
    My rent account is the same. Shows - for positive balance.

It is right, as a - means debt.
  • gardner1
    gardner1 Posts: 3,154 Forumite
    Options
    TangoGolf wrote: »
    Is there a general consensus about the best way to send them a meter read if the website doesn't work. Does phone, sms, or email seem to work best? Any experiences?

sent mine via email and reply came back within 15 min.......that was during office hours
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Options
    My rent account is the same. Shows - for positive balance.

It is right, as a - means debt.

they should just put "cr" instead of - makes it easier

thanks !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills