A whole new world, for now

Comments

• jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,090 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Well done on the report. Hope the invoice gets paid soon.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,737 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Potato bread for breakfast :)

You haven't mentioned the dog lately but hoping the dog is okay?
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • The mad dog is good but struggling a bit with the heat. She still rouses herself to bark at anyone passing.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • So, a very disturbed night's sleep was had. As we were settling down, heard a car race thru our street followed by a thunk. DH went to investigate. It had clipped our wing mirror with enough force to knock the casing off theirs. Said casing is now in our hall waiting to be handed into a police station. There was a big enough space for an oil tanker to pass without incident. This was just speed fiends in a residential area. While he was out checking the car, a white car passed by slowly, we think it's the culprit. Nothing will be done by the police but at least their outlay may make them think twice. I also made a work mistake yesterday that was bothering me. Both circs equalled a bad night for me.
    Yesterday there was a supermarket visit though spends were under 30 thanks to some whoopsied items that we will make good use of. Also, a client paid for lunch which was good. The bad was that I have been sugar binging for a few days and doing no exercise.
    Today I have to see 2 different clients and am supposed to be meeting a friend for lunch. It's my turn to cancel but I think it may be on the cards from her!

Today I am grateful for
    No one being hurt by a reckless driver
    Help from DH to correct my mistake
    Pizza!
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • Had lunch yesterday with the cancer treatment friend. Her hair is now growing back along with eyebrows and eyelashes to the point where she has ditched the wig. She looks tired but so much better. She now has a treatment every third week. This is the treatment week which she says is always tiring. A year ago I wouldn't have been sure that she'd still be here. Also, she paid for lunch!
    Visited two clients, I sometimes wonder what the point is with one of them. Also, in response to a strongly worded email, my large invoice has been paid and they have agreed the date of payment for the subsequent one in the next three weeks. When that happens, I will pay dd the balance for the work she delivered for me. She will be rich and I shall once again be poor.

I spoke to the client where the mistake had been made. She was fine and I'm meeting her next week. Also, today's dublin meeting cancelled so I'm heading into the poorly paying client.

Last night's dinner was sourced completely from the whoopsied items for all three of us and there are some leftovers for DH's lunch. Today my lunch will cost £1 at the client so well worth the outlay. It will also be fish or veg based.

Today I am grateful for
    Having made it to fri relatively unscathed
    Seeing a way forward with a work assignment
    Being able to hang in there financially despite having exhausted the emergency funds
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,255 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Have a good weekend :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • thanks Beanie. it's been a bit of an unsatisfactory day with little getting done. did get a cheque from a client in the post which is good. DH had a word with dd to head of the row i was heading for about the vast quantities of her "stuff" that is scattered all over the house. some progress has been made but not enough. i have hit one of my periodic slumps. i am due to meet a friend for breakfast but would love to cancel. i daren't as i know it'll make facing people even more difficult.
    today i am grateful for
    a supportive dog
    clean sheets (though i still have to put them on the bed)
    drying laundry outdoors
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,255 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Enjoy your breakfast.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • i have at least three deadlines this week. between now and going for breakfast, i am going to list what I need to do. i also have expenses to sort, the tax thing to get done and prep for last friday's meeting that was moved to this thursday. this could be an important one. at least if i have a list and start working through, i should see progress!
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,737 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Good luck with the deadlines.
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family