Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Comments

• whitewing
    whitewing Posts: 11,852
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I saw the picture before the text and thought you wanted a skeleton in your closet.

(Haven't started my paperwork yet. Only about 8 hours before I go to bed - hardly worth it now, lol).
    :heartsmil When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Has anyone else come across the piece of research that showed a correlation between liking bitter drinks and foods and being higher on the psychopathic spectrum?

Well, I do like bitter things, but seeing as how I cry at the slightest bit of pathos, I thought that was strange, so I thought I'd do a test.

I found the Channel 4 one, and did it. Now it is a bit simplistic, but if you answer honestly, it should give an indication of very roughly where on the spectrum one might be.

Anyway, I only scored 27%, which was no surprise, so the fact I like bitter things doesn't correlate with my results.

Has anyone else heard that about bitter things?
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,521
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • elsien
    Forumite
    edited 18 September 2016 at 4:51PM
    I just did your test, on the basis that I love dark chocolate.

Low score, which I'm not sure about as although I don't want to be a psychopath I also don't want to be a walkover, which appears to be the other end of the extreme.

read that article, WW.
    "Proximity to a good, great big heart is excellent for anyone, young or old, married or single, happy or sad, introverted or outgoing. I often feel, when people are sad or lonely, that dogs should be prescribed like medicine. Dogs know what love means, and they never play games. Dogs make you feel that the world is beautiful."

When I had reactive depression, some years ago now, walking the dog was the only thing that got me off the settee. I couldn't have cared less about anything else, but it wasn't the dogs fault so I had no option but to take her out.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

• Pyxis
    Forumite
    edited 18 September 2016 at 5:09PM
    "Proximity to a good, great big heart is excellent for anyone, young or old, married or single, happy or sad, introverted or outgoing. I often feel, when people are sad or lonely, that dogs should be prescribed like medicine. Dogs know what love means, and they never play games. Dogs make you feel that the world is beautiful."

That's it then, Elsien, it's official.

You and Gitdog were meant to be.

You're stuck with each other! :D

My 27% read out as :

"You are warm and empathic with a heightened awareness of social responsibility and a strong sense of conscience. You like to carefully weigh up the pros and cons of a situation before you act and are generally averse to taking risks. You are very much a ‘people person’ and dislike conflict. ‘Do unto others…’ are your watchwords. But, although you avoid hurting others, those residing at the higher end of the psychopathic spectrum might not be as considerate, so stay vigilant to avoid being hurt unnecessarily."

Which IMO reads about right. Even at 27% there is the veiled warning "But, although you avoid hurting others, those residing at the higher end of the psychopathic spectrum might not be as considerate, so stay vigilant to avoid being hurt unnecessarily."

So, providing you are aware of the possibility of being taken advantage of, it doesn't follow that you will be.
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox

• elsien
    Forumite
    Gitdog's in my bad books again.

He has spent 3 years avoiding water and declining to get his feet wet under any circumstances. Until today. When, fresh and squeaky clean following his annual bath, he decided today was the day to overcome his aversion and he hurled himself head first into the reservoir to pinch a tennis ball off his doggy best mate.
    He now stinks again.

Back to work tomorrow. I am not enthused.

• Hi guys, I forced myself to go and help out at a jumble sale today at the centre to raise some money for it, and I had a really good time! I busted my social phobia to go, it helped having something to do, and I went with my friend who goes there.

I showed people how to make lip balm, so we made loads to sell, and I got to talk about Aromatherapy loads as people had questions, it made me feel useful and valuable! I got to talk with some members I've not yet chatted to, and I had brought loads of mini roll on glass bottles to make Aromatherapy pulse point blends to sell, and my table attracted people and staff who pitched in.. I got that warm fuzzy feeling of community for the 1st time in donkeys years, I've been so isolated for so long,I had forgotton how good that feeling felt, to be connected in a group, and I felt relaxed enough to laugh and have fun! Yay for me :) I'm def not going to feel so scared about doing more stuff like that there. We are having a trip out on tues to see Bridget Jone's movie, as they have an "out and about" group., so I'm looking forward to that. I just wish I wasn't so physically ill, I stayed there from 10 to 2.30 pm and I am paying for it now, feeling ill and exhausted.
    Many thanks to all who contribute on MSE :)
  • Pyxis
    Forumite
    Hi guys, I forced myself to go and help out at a jumble sale today at the centre to raise some money for it, and I had a really good time! I busted my social phobia to go, it helped having something to do, and I went with my friend who goes there.

I showed people how to make lip balm, so we made loads to sell, and I got to talk about Aromatherapy loads as people had questions, it made me feel useful and valuable! I got to talk with some members I've not yet chatted to, and I had brought loads of mini roll on glass bottles to make Aromatherapy pulse point blends to sell, and my table attracted people and staff who pitched in.. I got that warm fuzzy feeling of community for the 1st time in donkeys years, I've been so isolated for so long,I had forgotton how good that feeling felt, to be connected in a group, and I felt relaxed enough to laugh and have fun! Yay for me :) I'm def not going to feel so scared about doing more stuff like that there. We are having a trip out on tues to see Bridget Jone's movie, as they have an "out and about" group., so I'm looking forward to that. I just wish I wasn't so physically ill, I stayed there from 10 to 2.30 pm and I am paying for it now, feeling ill and exhausted.

Yey! Go you!:T :T

Having fun and making money for the centre and giving advice!

It's 'good' ill and 'good' exhaustion, because something very positive came out of it!

Well done that Faerie! :T
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• Well done Faerie! That is amazing! You have done so well, I hope you are really proud of yourself!

Pity my cousin! I am sure it is obvious that I have always had an interest in medications and how they work, he has just informed me that he works as research scientist for a pharmaceutical company. I shall attempt not to pick his brains too much but he did ask me which medications I take and told me one to avoid. I have previously taken it for 5 years. Oops, am I about to develop purple lumps or something?

Have I mentioned how lovely it is having family that aren't horribly disturbed? I still can't get my head around the fact that we are actually related. This will take a while to sink in.
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • Pyxis
    Forumite
    WaS, it gets betterer and betterer! :D

Have you heard of that liking bitter stuff correlation?
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure