Utility Warehouse (Telecom Plus) Discussion

Options

Comments

• jimexbox
    jimexbox Posts: 12,416 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Would you like me to try and persuade your missus to save over £300 a year on your utilities? You're clearly not making a strong enough case. Tell her that's the equivalent of a free 32" LCD tv each year, summat like that. Won't she even TRY it once?

You see I help you by trying to explain that I don't force my wife to do anything against her will, you help me by blanking me.....
  • 1carminestocky
    Options
    Perelandra wrote: »
    Do you mind if I ask how important this part of the deal is to you? If other companies started doing accurate monthly bills as well, would that be enough of a change to make you consider one of the others?

(I work for BG, but don't post in any official capacity. Any views I express are my own, not my company's).

If any of the Big 6 replicated exactly what UW are doing I'm convinced they would charge more. The big 6 (in fact even the saintly Ebico) seems to be migrating to bi-annual billing on their standard (paper) tariffs. It would probably cripple them to send a paper bill every month to their punters and cope with the huge surge in CS calls as a result of this action.
    Call me Carmine....

HAVE YOU SEEN QUENTIN'S CASHBACK CARD??
  • 1carminestocky
    Options
    jimexbox wrote: »
    You see I help you by trying to explain that I don't force my wife to do anything against her will, you help me by blanking me.....

Neither do I. Stubborn, aren't they? But very handy for getting you out of a tight spot on the internet...:D
    Call me Carmine....

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    janninew wrote: »
    I am happy with the Terms and Conditions because i had an actual person explain them to me (UW rep)

You were wrong to let the uw rep explain the 31 pages of ts + cs to you. (How long did he take over it?). Hardly unbiased in his explanations!! (And the same person who told you all about the worthless guarantee!)

eg How did he explain their condition to your satisfaction that they store for ever your credit/debit card details, so that they can use them to get paid (even if you stopped the dd payment because of a dispute)?

In this "real life" sign ups of the gullible spanish teachers the rep didn't do this, (and uw rep Nigewick has posted here that he doesn't explain all the ts + cs to new sign ups):

http://www.networkerplus.co.uk/videos/signing-customers.html
  • jimexbox
    jimexbox Posts: 12,416 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Neither do I. Stubborn, aren't they? But very handy for getting you out of a tight spot on the internet...:D

Believe me or not, who cares.

I just wish you would answer my question.
  • Perelandra
    Perelandra Posts: 1,060 Forumite
    Options
    If any of the Big 6 replicated exactly what UW are doing I'm convinced they would charge more. The big 6 (in fact even the saintly Ebico) seems to be migrating to bi-annual billing on their standard (paper) tariffs. It would probably cripple them to send a paper bill every month to their punters and cope with the huge surge in CS calls as a result of this action.

You're probably right. :D

I guess there's two different sides to it, isn't there...

There's the "accurate bill every month"
    Receiving it in paper form

Just wondering which of these is the more important (if if they're equally important). I guess in your case, Carmine, it definately wouldn't be enough to have an accurate monthly, but paperless bill. Is that the same for the other UW customers on this thread?

For me personally, it makes no odds if UW send me a bill every month or not- most of the time I'm sad to say I don't even read them.
  • Plushchris
    Plushchris Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    Options
    DMD wrote: »
    However, I also use my UW cashback card so that I get 5% off the following:

Sainsbury Food
    Sainsbury Petrol
    Itunes
    Next
    Boots
    House of Fraser (10%)
    Argos
    New Look
    Top Shop
    River Island
    Halford
    Homebase
    TGI Friday

No you dont.
    Missing Tesco R&R since Feb '07 :A & now a "Tesco veteran" apparently! ;)
  • 1carminestocky
    Options
    Plushchris wrote: »
    No you dont.

How much do you get off your Tesco groceries by using the points in-store?
    Call me Carmine....

• janninew
    janninew Posts: 3,781 Forumite
    Options
    Perelandra wrote: »
    Do you mind if I ask how important this part of the deal is to you? If other companies started doing accurate monthly bills as well, would that be enough of a change to make you consider one of the others?

(I work for BG, but don't post in any official capacity. Any views I express are my own, not my company's).

This is the main reason i use UW for my utilities. I find it easier to budget and i like knowing that i'm never in credit or debit. I was previously with one of the big 6 and had quite a horrendous experience due to their error with my meter readings (i have posted the problems previously on here). I would be dubious to change suppliers, but would consider if i could pay my bills as i do now.
    :heart2: Newborn Thread Member :heart2:

'Children reinvent the world for you.' - Susan Sarandan
  • janninew
    janninew Posts: 3,781 Forumite
    Options
    Quentin wrote: »
    You were wrong to let the uw rep explain the 31 pages of ts + cs to you. (How long did he take over it?). Hardly unbiased in his explanations!! (And the same person who told you all about the worthless guarantee!)

eg How did he explain their condition to your satisfaction that they store for ever your credit/debit card details, so that they can use them to get paid (even if you stopped the dd payment because of a dispute)?

In this "real life" sign ups of the gullible spanish teachers the rep didn't do this, (and uw rep Nigewick has posted here that he doesn't explain all the ts + cs to new sign ups):

http://www.networkerplus.co.uk/videos/signing-customers.html

Why was i wrong to let the UW rep explain the T & C to me? Surely he would have been wrong not to give me all the information? He was not pushy and let me take the information away and make my own decisions. I actually decided to sign up, he didn't force me. If people are guillable enough to blindly listen to other people, they only have themselves to blame.
    :heart2: Newborn Thread Member :heart2:

'Children reinvent the world for you.' - Susan Sarandan
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family