Test purchase?

Options
I had a customer who I refused a sale on an age restriction product as they had no I.D. They returned a few mins later and gave me i.d which again was underage for the product in question, my supervisor thinks this was a test purchase, would they resend the same person in twice? Even thou I had already technically passed on the first go???

Comments

• RichardD1970
    RichardD1970 Posts: 3,795 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Who knows? Maybe?

Maybe they wanted to see if you actually checked the ID correctly when presented.
  • powerful_Rogue
    powerful_Rogue Posts: 7,519 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I believe I read somewhere that test purchasers do not present fake ID. Once they are challeneged they walk away.
  • General_Grant
    General_Grant Posts: 4,842 Forumite
    Options
    I believe I read somewhere that test purchasers do not present fake ID. Once they are challeneged they walk away.

But it wasn't "fake ID". It was supposedly genuine ID but didn't provide evidence for the age required to buy the product.

So, if the product could be sold only to someone aged 18 or older, the putative purchaser produced ID which showed they were only 17.
  • Dox
    Dox Posts: 3,116 Forumite
    Options
    Sounds more like a customer trying it on.
  • dominqueobs
    dominqueobs Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    luaive wrote: »
    I had a customer who I refused a sale on an age restriction product as they had no I.D. They returned a few mins later and gave me i.d which again was underage for the product in question, my supervisor thinks this was a test purchase, would they resend the same person in twice? Even thou I had already technically passed on the first go???

You would have passed if you refused them again after checking their ID the second time. When I worked with THINK 25 someone failed and they asked to speak to the manager.
  • Sncjw
    Sncjw Posts: 3,509 Forumite
    Options
    Customer trying it on I think. I once had a customer who tried to buy lottery and I asked for I!!!8217;d. She says !!!8220;but I!!!8217;m pregnant!!!8221; .

People try it on
    Mortgage free wannabe 

Actual mortgage stating amount £75,150

Overpayment start date 1/3/23.

Starting balance £66,565.45

Current balance £63,787.16

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income